Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 06:02 PM

37,222 posts, read 42,550,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Creative? Hollywood people?

Since when does memorizing words and being told what to do by a director constitute being creative?

Being creative is taking a lump of clay and turning it into a beautiful vase.

Being creative is taking a blank canvas, a few little pots of paint, and turning it into a beautiful landscape.

Being creative is taking a bolt of fabric and turning it into a one-of-a-kind gown.

Standing in front of a camera is not being creative.
Hollywood isn't just the actors you know...it's everything that goes into it as well and it's an incredibly creative bunch. Ever notice the costumes, sets, effects, storylines? Camera work? NO?

Last edited by Ceece; 11-06-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,548,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Intelligent?? Supporting breakdown of our freedom and constitution is intelligent?? Supporting a government where their beloved self-expression in creativity is stifled is intelligent??
I'm going to assume you don't live in the United States. Nor on Earth.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 PM

744 posts, read 1,860,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I agree that communism is bad system of government.

As a person in business, a property owner, and a landlord I think capitalism - while not perfect or ideal - is a much better system. Free markets.

I am a liberal, though, because I believe in the absolute separation of church and state, the right of women in reproductive choice, the legitimacy of society to protect our environment from pollution, the civil rights of all minorities including LGBT folks, the right to marry the person you love even if they are your same-sex partner, and the right of employees to organize and for collective bargaining.
I'm not concerned about liberalism. I am concerned about communism.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Hollywood isn't just the actors you know...it's everything that goes into it as well and it's an incredibly creative bunch. Ever notice the costumes, sets, effects, storylines? Camera work? NO?
Yes, I was talking about directors, producers, etc., as well. Many of them have long been suspected of being communists.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,236,317 times
Quote:
I'm not concerned about liberalism. I am concerned about communism.
It sounds ilke you need to get educated as to what communism is. If you knew what it meant, your petty OP would never have been created.

(please note, I am not suggesting you're creative. Just thought I'd be clear, seeing you have issues understanding the correct definition of words)

Old 11-06-2012, 07:52 PM

68,430 posts, read 54,895,095 times
Quote:
Don't they know that communist governments stifle creativity, self-expression, etc? In a communist government the government dictates everything that you say and do. You won't find anybody from Cuba, North Korea, or China on Facebook(or the internet period). You are nothing in a communist society unless you are in government.
Don't you know we don't have a communist government?

Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
It sounds ilke you need to get educated as to what communism is. If you knew what it meant, your petty OP would never have been created.

(please note, I am not suggesting you're creative. Just thought I'd be clear, seeing you have issues understanding the correct definition of words)
I know what communism is. I have read about the communist governments past and present, and they really don't add up to Obama(for the most part). But every Republican and conservative-leaning independent I have ever known and talked to INSISTS that he is. They say we will lose our freedom, our rights, and everything else.

When I say "for the most part." This is what I have found on Obama that makes me really wonder if he really is:

1995 Obama pushing collectivism: “We collectively can decide on our fate…” » The Right Scoop -

Obama Exposed – 1995 Interview Proves him a Collectivist « Liberty Rocks

Obama says capitalism and liberty don't work - YouTube

Old 11-06-2012, 08:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,902,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Because ... they're educated, intelligent people.
Money is what made America great...not ideology. Hollywood types or "artists" have the luxury to be idealistic liberals because they are frinking rich...not because they were intelligent but because they sold out...where as REAL artists never go into the public eye--They are actors for god's sake - the five foot 4 nerds you knew in high school who joined the drama club because they craved attention..

I worked on over 150 big production American films...I saw it all- Yes there are some intelligent people among the acting crowd- but most are not. They are mostly spoiled little brats..

Old 11-06-2012, 08:23 PM

488 posts, read 415,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Because ... they're educated, intelligent people.
Uh...sure.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,847,080 times
Quote:
Don't they know that communist governments stifle creativity, self-expression, etc? In a communist government the government dictates everything that you say and do. You won't find anybody from Cuba, North Korea, or China on Facebook(or the internet period). You are nothing in a communist society unless you are in government.
Chinese people don't use facebook because they have a similar website totally in Chinese language.
They don't use google as often also because they have "baidu", the second largest search engine in the world.

You need to know the sun does not revolve around the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies