Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,530,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Ted Turner does not own CNN any longer. Keep up on current events. You are only about 12 years behind the times.
He said he started it, not owns it.

Keep up with current posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,904,001 times
War is about money- Turner is part of that system..He has lots of money...without soldiers protecting the wealth of the rich- there would be no Ted Turner...what an idiot.

It is not an aversion to war that is killing soldiers via their own hand- It is undeclared -illegal invasions - where men have to kick in the doors of innocent civilians that irks and depresses them.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,541,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
War is about money- Turner is part of that system..He has lots of money...without soldiers protecting the wealth of the rich- there would be no Ted Turner...what an idiot.

It is not an aversion to war that is killing soldiers via their own hand- It is undeclared -illegal invasions - where men have to kick in the doors of innocent civilians that irks and depresses them.
What do you expect he is afraid of being on his MT ranch alone because of the howling animals scare him!

If we were attacked here again and he was in the area he would not kn ow what to do and would demand protection. Idiot!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,673,610 times
I'd be wiling to give him the benefit of doubt if he'd come forward and apologize for his statement saying he chose his words wrong in making his point. Such things happen all the time. However, he's not issued such statement. He's happy our troops are committing suicide. Guy's nuts.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:21 AM

68,430 posts, read 54,895,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Good heavens, he, like Donald Trump, seem intent on proving money and common sense are not always correlated.
Which pretty much describes Willard too.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 AM

68,430 posts, read 54,895,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What do you expect he is afraid of being on his MT ranch alone because of the howling animals scare him!

If we were attacked here again and he was in the area he would not kn ow what to do and would demand protection. Idiot!

What did you do when we were attacked that your imagination tells you would be so superior to what Turner's reaction to an attack might be?

Old 10-26-2012, 06:11 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,267,068 times
Suicide rate has always been high in the military.... Check out the Russian Military suicide rate. However, I definitely don't think it has to do with an aversion to war. It probably is depression related.

For Ted to connect it to an aversion to war is idiotic.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 AM

41,457 posts, read 60,128,238 times
Until you have experienced both a combat "high" and the following "depression" you have no idea of what you are talking about. I can understand why some people end the horror by killing themselves. It is the ultimate PTSD. It is also NEVER a good thing. The depression and the horrors can be overcome. Someday. Maybe.

I think Mr. Turner said it wrong. I find it hard to believe a peaceful person like Mr. Turner would consider any death to be “good”. These deaths are very unfortunate and are another set of “collateral damages”. I think he misspoke what he meant to say.

Having survived a war some 45 years ago I am completely opposed to fighting to protect some bastard’s money, power or pride. I will fight to protect my friends, family or self. Our recent wars were started for the former reasons and have nothing to do with protecting our people but only with protecting the world’s hyper wealthy or religious fools. That and they are not worth either killing or dying for. I would like to see the rich bastards do their own fighting. If Bush wants to destroy Saddam let them fight it out. I’ll sell tickets and hold the bets.

Last edited by GregW; 10-26-2012 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: slight edit

Old 10-26-2012, 06:36 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,331,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The insanity of the left.
It's not rational thinking, but he doesn't realize it.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 AM

78,860 posts, read 47,010,566 times
When someone owns your ass, there are ways out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies