Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a political campaign donor?
No 30 51.72%
Yes, to a single campaign 18 31.03%
Yes, to multiple campaigns 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,369,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Just wondering how many C-D posters actually donate to political campaigns instead of trying to accomplish the same thing by posting obsessively on here.

For the purposes of this poll, a political "campaign" pertains to a candidate or a ballot measure, not a general party war chest or a SuperPAC.
I won't feed the beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 04:34 PM

23,660 posts, read 17,633,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yes, I have and from an overseas bank because I live overseas.
For the tax advantages?

Old 10-24-2012, 05:02 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,734,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I donated to Gary Johnson.

Thank you! Gary needs only $67K more for his $1 million TV as campaign. If 35% of the 90 million who said
they're not voting (as they don't like Obama or Romney) would vote for Gary Johnson, Gary would be our new President. If Gary gets at least 5% of the vote this time, Libertarian Party gets Major Party status & Gary gets $90 million for 2016 campaign, so a vote for Gary is not wasted.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not sure if I voted when I hadn't given anything but since then I gave to the TEA Party and to the RNC.

IMO the TEA Party is the people who are dissatisfied with our political system. Maybe they will get a third party going or some different way of governing. I think if Romney doesn't change things the TEA Party will be back again with a vengeance and more will be voted out.

Some who think of themselves as Tea "Party" (a party that doesn't exist) are planning on voting for Gary Johnson. The Libertarian Party is the 3rd largest & fastest growing party in USA. He says to Republicans he is more fiscally conservative than Romney & he says to Democrats he is more socially tolerant than Obama. Gary Johnson sides with the majority on issues & cares about the 100% equally (no hate) & is not for sale.

Gary is $67K short of the $1 million for his TV ads. Assuming they get on the air, it could be a really close race between 3. Dr. Jill Stein (Green) may get 4th place. Gary is on the ballot in all states except MI OK.
If Gary gets over 5%, Libertarian Party becomes a Major Party & Gary gets $90 million from Feds for 2016. No more Dem/Rep duopoly!

Obama & Romney both favor more wars that will cost trillions we don't have, forced health care that is too costly & may harm us. They favor the 1% that bribed them, favor Unconstitutional Patriot Act that
allows unlimited spying on all Americans (including wiretapping churches), favor TSA radiation or groping at airports, favor Unconstitutional NDAA that allows life imprisonment for any Americans, without ever being charged with anything. If they don't represent you, please consider Gary Johnson. Thank you!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You may be right, I know Gary Johnson won't win the election, but at least I'm trying to send a message, that the way the Democrats and Republicans have governed, is wrong, and not good for the nation.

Gary Johnson just needs $67K more for his $1 million for TV ads. If they air, that may be a real game changer. If he gets over 5%, Libertarians qualify as Major Party & Gary gets $90 million from Feds for 2016.
Then he will be included in polls & debates, & have plenty to spend on TV ads & radio. So a vote for Gary Johnson is in no way a wasted vote. Voting for freedom is so much better than voting lesser of 2 evils.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,507,189 times
Obama Accepts 'Osama bin Laden' Donations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies