Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Bin Ladin is dead, GM is alive, I would say that is a lot, something Bush could not Do, and he had 8 years!
Bin Laden is dead, and our embassies are burning, and envoys are dead. Now we have an obvious cover up, and none of the Obamabots seem to care.

GM is alive because we saved them with taxpayer money while being held at gunpoint. The Unions FORCED the government to bail them out, or else! WE didn't want to bail out the too big to fail, but were given no choice. They should have gone through bankruptcy the same way Chrysler did in the early eighties.

The good that Obama has done is far outweighed by the bad. When, after fours years, you can only list the accomplishments on your fingers... I'd say he has failed with a comet asterisk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
No matter who wins blame will be thrown at the President and past President/s,just the nature of forums and todays political mosaic .
Expect Obama to be blamed for everything for the next generation.If Romney wins expect him to fail miserably at living up to his promises. So we'll have lots blame to throw about on the Forum for the foreseeable future.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:48 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Bill Clinton, balanced the budget during his 8 years. Today, he is the most popular person in the world. Hillary comes in second.
So you see, not EVERY President is a failure. I know Jimmy Carter was not popular with 18 per cent inflation, but , today has become a popular exPresident. He has done a lot for the less fortunate With Habitat for Humanities .
lolol

OK, then.

Quote:
Bin Ladin is dead, GM is alive, I would say that is a lot, something Bush could not Do, and he had 8 years!
Uh, huh.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 AM

24,014 posts, read 15,110,703 times
People expect problems to be solved like a 30 minute tv program.

There are known unknowns like our former SOS told us.

What did anybody think was going to happen when we invaded Iraq? This war in the ME is not going away for 3 or 4 generations. Think northern Ireland. The USA military is going to continue to say we need more of everything.

If the government had let the car companies go into bankruptcy, what would the pension liability have been? What would the unemployment insurance cost have been?

IMO, we need to have some long range planning in Congress. They don't gave a damn what happens past their next election cycle.

Our system of government presumes that people are well intentioned. We are living with the result of everybody being out for themselves and to hell with the rest of the country. No POTUS can fix that.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,533 times
Romney would do a crappy job...not much unlike Obama and Bush...simply because of 3 reasons...

The Fed
The CIA
and the IRS

Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
We can change this by voting for a 3rd party instead of the corrupt D and R parties!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's incredible to me that a candidate must be born in the USA, but ...
Have you ever bothered to read the constitution?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Who knows what America would be like in 4 years after Romney?

Who could have predicted obama could make such a disaster in America 4 years ago?
Right, I mean correct, who would have thought that dubya's administration would ignore the terrorist warning signals, cut taxes for the upper 5%, and got the USA into 2 wars, which we can't pay for.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Right, I mean correct, who would have thought that dubya's administration would ignore the terrorist warning signals, cut taxes for the upper 5%, and got the USA into 2 wars, which we can't pay for.
Obama is Commander-In-Chief....He could have ended one of those two wars Bush initiated...

But he didn't.....in fact, he is still fighting it! And he is starting another!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Obama is Commander-In-Chief....He could have ended one of those two wars Bush initiated...

But he didn't.....in fact, he is still fighting it! And he is starting another!!!
Another? which, where?

Please say something factual before I place you on my ignore list.

Withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies