Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,882,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Frankly, I don't know much about the Seal Team 6 issue other than one of the team members, after he retired from the military, wrote a book about what happened when they killed Bin Laden.

Those soldiers knew of and accepted the risk. No one was FORCED to join the military and become a member of the Seal Team. That's what I "get." It seems to me that the Seal Team member who wrote that book put himself in grave danger as well as his other team members.

As for the Bin Laden informant, why don't you tell us about that? You indicate that you know a lot about that. What happened? What was Obama supposed to do that he couldn't do or didn't do.

So you're worried that no one will be an "informant" for our government now that this thing happened with the informant in re Bin Laden?

I still don't see how these concerns directly relate to Stevens asking for more security, but I guess you're trying to point out a "pattern" you see. I don't see such a pattern, so I guess we would definitely disagree about that.

Grown up adults agree to take risks in life, whether it's by serving their country or otherwise.
I can assure you that when people join the military they assume their Commander in Chief is on their side and will be able to protect military secrets just as they have sworn to do. The seal that wrote the book had been outted by Obama so he had nothing to lose. It's interesting that he may get in trouble for indulging information that Obama had already made public. Do you "get it" this time or will I need to explain it to you a fifth time? It's one of those "with friends like you, who needs enemies" scenerios.

The Dr. that led us to Obama is sitting in jail for 33 years because Obama gave him up as well. But I guess no one FORCED him to be an informant and he should have realized that Obama would be soooo greatful for the risk he took that he would turn his back on him and throw him under the bus too.

I'm sorry for you that you don't see the pattern of the incompetence of this administration. I'm sure you also don't see that other countries would like Obama better than other presidents because he's weakened the US through his incompetence.

He didn't give Stevens the protection he requested, in spite of it being the anniversary or 911. Either Obama has no understanding of military strategy and foreign affairs or he just didn't give a damn. Or both. Only you can make that decision for yourself.

With all the excuses you've made throughout this thread I have no doubt you really do understand the magnitude of the situation. The question remains, what will it take for you to interpret the information and rationally form an opinion that doesn't fall in line with you concept of who Obama is.

Do you still believe Obama did the right thing by outting the seal team, throwing the informant under the bus, denying added security to Stevens, lying about the attack, receiving intel on his IPad rather than in meetings where you have discussions with varying opinions, and going on his merry way to raise MONEY while all this was unfolding? You are aware that there were problems at more than 20 embassies in the days following this aren't you?

If ignorance is bliss I can understand why some people are so happy with what they believe in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,271,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The State Dept was advised and knew it was a terrorist attack 24 hours after it happened.
Yes but FF argument is they lied about the movie being blamed so we could have time to catch who did it

Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,033,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I can assure you that when people join the military they assume their Commander in Chief is on their side and will be able to protect military secrets just as they have sworn to do. The seal that wrote the book had been outted by Obama so he had nothing to lose. It's interesting that he may get in trouble for indulging information that Obama had already made public. Do you "get it" this time or will I need to explain it to you a fifth time? It's one of those "with friends like you, who needs enemies" scenerios.

The Dr. that led us to Obama is sitting in jail for 33 years because Obama gave him up as well. But I guess no one FORCED him to be an informant and he should have realized that Obama would be soooo greatful for the risk he took that he would turn his back on him and throw him under the bus too.

I'm sorry for you that you don't see the pattern of the incompetence of this administration. I'm sure you also don't see that other countries would like Obama better than other presidents because he's weakened the US through his incompetence.

He didn't give Stevens the protection he requested, in spite of it being the anniversary or 911. Either Obama has no understanding of military strategy and foreign affairs or he just didn't give a damn. Or both. Only you can make that decision for yourself.

With all the excuses you've made throughout this thread I have no doubt you really do understand the magnitude of the situation. The question remains, what will it take for you to interpret the information and rationally form an opinion that doesn't fall in line with you concept of who Obama is.

Do you still believe Obama did the right thing by outting the seal team, throwing the informant under the bus, denying added security to Stevens, lying about the attack, receiving intel on his IPad rather than in meetings where you have discussions with varying opinions, and going on his merry way to raise MONEY while all this was unfolding? You are aware that there were problems at more than 20 embassies in the days following this aren't you?

If ignorance is bliss I can understand why some people are so happy with what they believe in.
I know it's still early but this has GOT to be the post of the day!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,071,401 times
This testimony is so damning. A Republican would Admin not survive this.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,033,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This testimony is so damning. A Republican would Admin not survive this.
Are you watching it live? Update please!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 PM

33,638 posts, read 18,346,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
If it is serious then why are you here trying to make partisan political hay from it?
We are finding out that the Obama administration lied through their teeth in not protecting the Embassy with ignoring multiple pleas for extra protection.. Four Americans were killed by the way.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,740,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We are finding out that the Obama administration lied through their teeth in not protecting the Embassy with ignoring multiple pleas for extra protection.. Four Americans were killed by the way.
That doesn't bother Padcrasher.....he's already said he doesn't care about dead Americans.

That;s not bloviating either....he actually came right out and said it!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,740,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes but FF argument is they lied about the movie being blamed so we could have time to catch who did it

LOL....without a SHRED of evidence that's true...in fact, it downright fantasy!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,893,986 times
9 11 - Tell all security to stand down in order to facilitate the crime - remove security incrementally from the embassy to also facilitate an incident for political reasons....sounds suspect...They may have done this on purpose- for what purpose is a mystery- This is not a mistake based in ineptness....It's like releasing a hated prisoner into the general population of the prison and then wonder why his head gets bashed in? This is a disgrace.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,825,771 times
This coverup far surpases Watergate in my opinion. Americans were drug through the street and murdered and this administration goes to Vegas baby.......It is far worse than Watergate,,,,far worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies