Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 PM

688 posts, read 1,121,745 times

Advertisements

I received my absentee ballot in the mail yesterday and was relieve to see a third candidate running against Mandel and Brown. I cannot support Mandel given what I know about him personally (I won't go in to detail) and I am diametrically opposed to Brown on nearly every issue 'cept a handful.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw a third name on the ballot and I cracked a smile when I visited the candidates website and viewed his profile in the Dispatch Voter Guide. Here was not only someone that was a third choice but someone that aligned with the majority of my views making him a great choice for me. I do not know him, and have never met him, but the message on his website resonated with me - fix the system, and that will fix the politicians.

This candidate is not supported by either of the fasle-choice parties and therefore he is likely not well funded. He does have a nice looking website and a few videos on YouTube discussing his stance on several key topics in the contemporaneous political discussion.

If you are looking for an option other than Mandel or Brown I encourage you to at least visit the website of Scott Rupert (independent) and spend 5 or 10 minutes watching a couple videos. I've already filled in the bubble next to his name on my ballot.

Scott Rupert for Ohio's U.S. Senate

Moderators: this is my first post here so if this is not per the forum rules please forgive me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies