Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,293,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did the words come out of the mouth of The One or not? The post is a lie, you say? You must think that someone created that post with words that weren't actually spoken by The One.

I don't know who "The One" is. The words came out of Obama's mouth, and unlike the sane people, you mouth breathers twist his words to mean something else entirely

Are you entitled to success?

Please look up the definition of entitled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,485,541 times
Quote:
Are you really not cognizant of the fact that my taxes will rise plenty when the Bush-Obama tax cuts are allowed to expire? It seems that you think only the "rich", as Obama calls them, will be paying more when in fact they will be joining the rest of us. My taxes will go up, the marriage tax will be back on me, and my Social Security check may drop drastically. Somehow I wonder if you left leaners will every realize that all of us, who pay taxes, will get to pay more.

Good, we need to pay down the deficit.

EVERYONES TAXES NEED TO GO UP, AND A LOT OF SPENDING NEEDS TO BE CUT.

How hard of a concept is this to understand?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,388,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats just not true. There is a massive difference between my life now, and how I lived 10 years ago. And the way I was living 10 years ago was not fun, and it wasn't success, it was getting by.

Are you saying that everyone is entitled to success in this country? Otherwise you agree with EXACTLY what the President said.

It'd be nice if everyone had a chance at success, but that isn't the way the cookie crumbles either, not everyone will succeed, no one is entitled to succeed, and not everyone will ever get a chance to succeed.

Being born in the United States gives you a better chance at success, but no one is entitled to it. Thats what the President is saying. I don't agree with him on a lot of points, but the english language of "we don't believe anyone is entitled" is not to be disputed.
I believe that everyone is entitled to monetary success if they are capable of getting it. I also believe that what he meant is that those who don't have the ability will be given it by the government. i sure don't agree with you about the use of the word, entitlement.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I believe that everyone is entitled to monetary success if they are capable of getting it. I also believe that what he meant is that those who don't have the ability will be given it by the government. i sure don't agree with you about the use of the word, entitlement.

But saying you believe that everyone is entitled to monetary success if they are capable of getting it isn't saying that

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO SUCCESS

Do you understand that?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You are free to read into his words anything you like. That is why the shorter the clip the better.

I will take this short clip of Obama saying you aren't entitled to success, just the opportunity of success over what Romney said about 47% of Americans: "I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
I didn't know this thread was about both candidates. I saw only the president speaking in that OP video. I guess sometimes we just have to bring in the other guy when using deflection in the old Alinsky method.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I don't know who "The One" is. The words came out of Obama's mouth, and unlike the sane people, you mouth breathers twist his words to mean something else entirely

Are you entitled to success?

Please look up the definition of entitled
I will return to using The Won so you can understand it better. You did know that he said "I won" back in the days when he was telling the GOP members of Congress that he was through trying to compromise with them, I hope. Yep you would prefer The Won so you can have it.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Good, we need to pay down the deficit.

EVERYONES TAXES NEED TO GO UP, AND A LOT OF SPENDING NEEDS TO BE CUT.

How hard of a concept is this to understand?
Can you come up with some Obama words about spending cuts and higher taxes? There have been plenty of them, but spending continues to go on with his credit card of no budget available.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM

861 posts, read 1,254,403 times
Then perhaps he should step down.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
But saying you believe that everyone is entitled to monetary success if they are capable of getting it isn't saying that

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO SUCCESS

Do you understand that?
I understand what that means under redistribution of wealth. Do you?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Can you come up with some Obama words about spending cuts and higher taxes? There have been plenty of them, but spending continues to go on with his credit card of no budget available.

GOP’s new attack in Virginia: Obama will cut defense spending

VIDEO: Biden says he, Obama want to raises taxes by $1 trillion | Deseret News

Next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies