Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:51 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times

Advertisements

Just curious. I get labeled as a liberal a lot. I thought liberals didn't endorse the death penalty. I endorse it whole heartedly. Some people just need to die. (Child killers come to mind.) But I'm also for universal health care, and I'm anti-abortion. If a man told me what I could do with my penis or gonads ... I'd have a real problem with that. Why can't women get the same break as me? Oh, forgot, they are property/breeding cows. Moo.

I also don't give a crap what gay people do in their own time. I've been hit on by one of my gay friends. I didn't kill him. I found it to be a compliment. He said I have beautiful blue eyes. It was a good pass. I told him I liked chicks. He said he knew that. He was also, pretty drunk. I didn't beat him to a pulp. Can't change who you are, man. He ended up with a good guy for a boyfriend. They've been together for years now. Glad he's happy.

I'm for life imprisonment, over the death penalty though (in most cases). I'd rather they have a chance to come back in case our lousy judicial system (Then again, it ain't as lousy as others!) screwed up and convicted a man who was innocent. From what I know about the prison system, it's worse to be alive.

It happens.

Andy Escapes - YouTube

Old 09-25-2012, 12:53 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
I'm a leftist and get called a liberal or democrat. Heck, I'm agnostic who supports separation of church and state and I'm called pro-Muslim/Sharia law

I guess to an ignorant person or a flaming right wing fanatic there is no difference.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:28 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
It's amazing how many people actually know another's party affiliation based on a comment or disagreement on another person's view(s). I like to look at the bigger picture, rather than see things through a keyhole. If anything, I'm an independent. I really don't care where people classify me in politics.

I've been called worse things and survived.

Text in brackets is mine:

If a man does not keep pace with his companions [in this case, fellow Americans], perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

From 'Walden' by Henry David Thoreau

Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
The overwhelming majority of labeling of liberal/conservative/prog/neocon/etc. in this forum is done by intellectually shallow posters who aren't able to address another poster's position directly so they instead throw a more generalized attack at an exaggerated position of an ideological platform instead.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:09 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Just curious. I get labeled as a liberal a lot. I thought liberals didn't endorse the death penalty. I endorse it whole heartedly. Some people just need to die. (Child killers come to mind.) But I'm also for universal health care, and I'm anti-abortion. If a man told me what I could do with my penis or gonads ... I'd have a real problem with that. Why can't women get the same break as me? Oh, forgot, they are property/breeding cows. Moo.

I also don't give a crap what gay people do in their own time. I've been hit on by one of my gay friends. I didn't kill him. I found it to be a compliment. He said I have beautiful blue eyes. It was a good pass. I told him I liked chicks. He said he knew that. He was also, pretty drunk. I didn't beat him to a pulp. Can't change who you are, man. He ended up with a good guy for a boyfriend. They've been together for years now. Glad he's happy.

I'm for life imprisonment, over the death penalty though (in most cases). I'd rather they have a chance to come back in case our lousy judicial system (Then again, it ain't as lousy as others!) screwed up and convicted a man who was innocent. From what I know about the prison system, it's worse to be alive.

It happens.
People roll their eyes when they hear these two words, conservative democrat.

Quote:
The overwhelming majority of labeling of liberal/conservative/prog/neocon/etc. in this forum is done by intellectually shallow posters who aren't able to address another poster's position directly so they instead throw a more generalized attack at an exaggerated position of an ideological platform instead.
Yeah, city-data should have a round object like a pie chart, on everyone's user I.D., at the bottom would be neutral, in the upper, divided equally, to the right (conservative) and to the left (liberal)
that way, when people join up, everyone would be able to stereotype everyone else!
Then we'd be able to tell just how far right or left each one of us is.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,948,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
People roll their eyes when they hear these two words, conservative democrat.
I've been called everything from a blue blood to a redneck, a trust-fund baby to an old man. An ultra-conservative democrat to a bleeding-heart liberal. The bottom line is, whether a label is self-applied or assigned, it doesn't mean that you have to have set opinions.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
I've certainly never known anyone who wanted to kill gays. I realize there are a few out there, but they are very very few and it's unlikely I'll ever personally known any of them.

Women do get the same break as men. Apparently, an awful lot of people haven't yet figured out abortion is legal. As for birth control pills, pay for them and use it; not a person on earth gives a hoot. It's $4/mo at Wal-Mart, for Pete's sake! Tubal ligation is covered by insurance, as are vasectomies. Go for it!

Typically, liberals want to bore someone to death rather than execute them. Stick killers in a room full of liberals and they'll be begging for Old Sparky.

You seem quite confused. In one statement, you say you whole-heartedly endorse the death penalty. Then you turn around and say you're for life instead of death.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Not really. It's human nature to want to put things and people into categories to make the world easier to understand. For instance, I call myself a liberal for the purposes of this forum, but I'm also a pro-life evangelical, a very, very rare breed on the left. By all stereotyping, I'm supposed to be a Republican, but I find Republican economic policies to be unconscionable.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:25 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,948,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I've certainly never known anyone who wanted to kill gays. I realize there are a few out there, but they are very very few and it's unlikely I'll ever personally known any of them.

Women do get the same break as men. Apparently, an awful lot of people haven't yet figured out abortion is legal. As for birth control pills, pay for them and use it; not a person on earth gives a hoot. It's $4/mo at Wal-Mart, for Pete's sake! Tubal ligation is covered by insurance, as are vasectomies. Go for it!

Typically, liberals want to bore someone to death rather than execute them. Stick killers in a room full of liberals and they'll be begging for Old Sparky.

You seem quite confused. In one statement, you say you whole-heartedly endorse the death penalty. Then you turn around and say you're for life instead of death.
He clarified his position. But yeah, liberals bore everybody to death. I mean hell, I don't want to see a movie full of characters I can identify with. No sir-ee. Give me canned country music that sounds like a watered-down version of a rock song from five years ago. 'Cause America.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Oh gosh, I have. I've also seen and heard the same persons talk nasty about blacks and hispanics too. One of those people used to come over for cocktails, and smoke my tobacco too, I just got fed up with the ignorant remarks one day and told the man he was no longer welcome. Never heard from him again

Quote:
I've been called everything from a blue blood to a redneck, a trust-fund baby to an old man. An ultra-conservative democrat to a bleeding-heart liberal. The bottom line is, whether a label is self-applied or assigned, it doesn't mean that you have to have set opinions.
I too have been referred to in a derogatory manner, mostly with elpletives and vulgar in nature, which is why I'll hardly ever discuss politics around a true friend or a inlaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies