Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:58 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,736,156 times

Advertisements

When Washington Post columnist Marc Thiessen and the Government Accountability Institute reported that President Obama has attended less than half of his Presidential Daily Briefs (PDBs) on intelligence, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney called the findings "hilarious." The next day, U.S. Libyan Ambassador Chris Stevens and three American staff members were murdered.

According to Mr. Carney, Mr. Obama doesn't need in-person briefings because the president gets the written version on his iPad:

He gets it every day, okay? The President of the United States gets the presidential daily briefing every day. There is a document that he reads every day when he is not -- well, he always reads it every day because he’s a voracious consumer of all of his briefing materials.

But now, in an apparent 180-degree reversal, the White House official calendar shows that for the last four days Mr. Obama has ditched his iPad and has instead opted for the live briefings.

After four Americans were murdered and Mr. Obama's foreign policy approval rating plunged, Mr. Obama has now decided to actually start showing up for his daily presidential intelligence briefings

Exclusive: Obama Reverses Position on Intel Briefs, Drops iPad for Live Meetings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,603,544 times
Typical! No additional words needed.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 AM

This line explains it ALL:

Mr. Obama's foreign policy approval rating plunged

Old 09-20-2012, 08:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,656,872 times
Good. iPads and Apple devices in general have incredible security issues.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Good. iPads and Apple devices in general have incredible security issues.
Funny no Liberal thought that last week when they were defending his ignoring our nation's security.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:42 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,502,527 times

Old 09-25-2012, 03:51 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,032,783 times
Right wingers want you scared!

We need to be so afraid of Libyans!

MOMMY! I wet my pants!

Vote for someone brave! We need to go fight! I'm soooo scared!

Mitt save me!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,301,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

MOMMY! I wet my pants!

Mitt save me!
LOL

Quote:
Vote for someone brave!
Well, that leaves Willard out.
Quote:
We need to go fight!
"We" being everybody else's kids or loved ones. Certainly not his own, and most likely not those of his rich buddies - you know, the Nascar and football team owners or his rich campaign donors - like Sheldon Adelson.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,064,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

MOMMY! I wet my pants!

Mitt save me!

Let me fill you in on some recent news, since you obviously must've been in a coma for a few weeks.

We had an Ambassador and other murdered by terrorists a couple weeks ago. We had warning, it was the 9/11 Anniversary. That particular town over there, Benghazi, was known by Intel people to be a hot bed for recruiting terrorists. The Ambassador had also felt his life was in danger and their was a bounty on his head.
So despite what you've been not hearing in the news about it, since you woke up from your coma, this had nothing to do with a movie, Al Qaeda is alive and well and recruiting, and we did not take the proper steps to ensure our people were safe.

First Ambassador killed since the Carter administration. Only during a liberal Presidential term, does this story get to go away so quickly, with only ONE media outlet asking this Admin the tough questions, Univision.

We all know damn well, if this happened under a GOP President, and the lies/cover up that followed, that POTUS would have been destroyed for weeks and weeks. Not so with Barack. No liberal here can defend that.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 PM

25,879 posts, read 20,828,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
When Washington Post columnist Marc Thiessen and the Government Accountability Institute reported that President Obama has attended less than half of his Presidential Daily Briefs (PDBs) on intelligence, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney called the findings "hilarious." The next day, U.S. Libyan Ambassador Chris Stevens and three American staff members were murdered.

According to Mr. Carney, Mr. Obama doesn't need in-person briefings because the president gets the written version on his iPad:

He gets it every day, okay? The President of the United States gets the presidential daily briefing every day. There is a document that he reads every day when he is not -- well, he always reads it every day because he’s a voracious consumer of all of his briefing materials.

But now, in an apparent 180-degree reversal, the White House official calendar shows that for the last four days Mr. Obama has ditched his iPad and has instead opted for the live briefings.

After four Americans were murdered and Mr. Obama's foreign policy approval rating plunged, Mr. Obama has now decided to actually start showing up for his daily presidential intelligence briefings

Exclusive: Obama Reverses Position on Intel Briefs, Drops iPad for Live Meetings
Just goes to show that the president's actions can be swayed by public opinion. How un-dictatorial!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies