Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,900,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'll betcha they don't celebrate "Talk like a Pirate Day" at that school

The Official site for International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19
Yes they do but they do it with an east African accent....."heaurrrrr maty"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,167,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Peanutbutter sanwiches is a "white privilege". Ok?
Maybe the sandwiches were made on Wonder whitebread. Should have used whole wheat, or brown or black bread. Naw - can't use black bread - that would be "racist".

Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,019,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why don't they try teaching the kids what they need to know, the three R's. Leave all of the political bs out of it and the kids will find their own way through life.
You mean reading, writing, and "rithmetic?"

For starters, they could try to explain how writing and arithmetic are two of the three r's. Something seems inherently flawed about that premise.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Maybe the sandwiches were made on Wonder whitebread. Should have used whole wheat, or brown or black bread. Naw - can't use black bread - that would be "racist".
Like somebody said above, only Multi-Grain is acceptable. It's the all-inclusive version of bread. Except for those students who come from countries where bread isn't really part of the diet (or readily available). For them, it's still a symbol of oppression that screams "Do you have anything like that?" and rubs our white American privilege in their face, causing them to underperform in school.

Poor bastards.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:58 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,486,177 times
This woman has an extreme radical, liberal viewpoint, therefore I will attribute it to being from all liberals and hate them all more.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
This woman has an extreme radical, liberal viewpoint, therefore I will attribute it to being from all liberals and hate them all more.
As you should. After all, if some conservative moron decides that a woman's place is in the kitchen, it automatically means that all conservatives think this way.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:27 AM

684 posts, read 831,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah. see posts 61, 66, and 75, among others.

btw, GW carver was a brilliant black man, but he didn't invent peanut butter.

You learn something new every day. I looked it up and you're correct: George Washington Carver didn't invent peanut butter. Thank you for the information.

Sad. The man could turn peanuts in to anything. I was positive he invented peanut butter as well.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 AM

30,570 posts, read 52,304,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Listening to a radio talk show here in Toronto...and I am getting tired of those that think kids that are not their kids should be indoctrinated...if my kids were young...and thank God the are grown...I don't want them having their views "broadened" or have them educated about anal sex..or about all religions and atheism....You should have heard how aggressive the talk show host was...I have been listening to him for years and noticed that he finally has admitted to himself that he can not get along with woman- and now he pushes the gay agenda like it's going out of style...If he has problems adjusting in the world...let him keep his problems to himself...indoctrination is not education- It is the theft of children...If your kids were cattle- the cattle rustlers are trying to convince us that stealing cows is legal...
Have to ask, when you say they shouldn't be learning about ALL religions, does that include Christianity? Just curious, as you worded that kind of awkwardly.

And how on earth did you get from PB&J to anal sex and the fabled "gay agenda?" Unlike most people here, I actually have worked in public schools in recent years - in San Francisco, no less, and they certainly weren't teaching about anything that explicit! What kind of radio show was this, anyway?

Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
You mean reading, writing, and "rithmetic?"

For starters, they could try to explain how writing and arithmetic are two of the three r's. Something seems inherently flawed about that premise.
LOL... good point!

And what about the other subjects, like history, foreign languages, political science, art, music, etc? I don't want our schools producing robots, I want to see them producing well-rounded individuals with more than "the basics." I also think some lessons beyond the academic are good, as these will be adults come graduation time - and having seen robot children firsthand, they usually aren't well-equipped to handle adult life. No, this doesn't mean I agree with "indoctrination," but life lessons & philosophical/social issues CAN be taught without a clear bias. Believe it or not.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 AM

P.S. As a musician myself who was first introduced to that world in elementary school, I literally weep at the destruction of our public school arts programs. Seriously, I'd probably be dead (or really messed up) if not for those music classes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies