Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:21 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,957,452 times

Advertisements

Oh lawd...don't flatter yourself...smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 PM

568 posts, read 965,543 times
This is just like my sister...bless her heart. She starts ranting and raving about Obama and this and that he didnt/did do...she get all hyperventilated, dilated pupils and just down right scary...light a crazy person...I just look at her like the loon she is getting to be...poor thing.
The worse part is her friends act the same way!!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:24 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,258,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I don't read it as that. It's just a tongue in cheek argument by the OP that you shouldn't have a President allowed to kill US citizens with no judicial oversight, let alone no legislative oversight.
Well it's a bit more complicated than the president. Keep in mind all the military and intelligence advisement and information that goes into making such decision.

Let's just say that the president isn't the only one who approves of such decision.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:27 PM

537 posts, read 821,630 times
Quote:
I don't read it as that. It's just a tongue in cheek argument by the OP that you shouldn't have a President allowed to kill US citizens with no judicial oversight, let alone no legislative oversight.
There are more level-headed ways of critizing the President for this. yes, it's Unconstitutional. But so was the Patriot Act, but you didn't see the neocons complaining about that.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
There are more level-headed ways of critizing the President for this. yes, it's Unconstitutional. But so was the Patriot Act, but you didn't see the neocons complaining about that.
Well I'm not sure if I'd be labeled a neo-con, but I've been complaining about the patriot act and the handling of 9/11 since the day it happened.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:32 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,019,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Well it's a bit more complicated than the president. Keep in mind all the military and intelligence advisement and information that goes into making such decision.

Let's just say that the president isn't the only one who approves of such decision.
He's absolutely the one. You have no idea of any process involved. They even deny they have a kill list.

This is 100% controlled by the President.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,998,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Millions in the USSR thought they were too unimportant to be put in the gulags.
And you think that would happen here, might want to study the differences in situations before trying to compare them.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
He's absolutely the one. You have no idea of any process involved. They even deny they have a kill list.

This is 100% controlled by the President.
No I don't.

However, unless the president personally kills the people on the list, there are people out there who are just following orders.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:44 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,013,160 times
Quote:
But crazy people are still voters, and we must attack their every point and drill the logic through them, hoping one day they will "wake up" and use their head.
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 PM

537 posts, read 821,630 times
Quote:
Well it looks like he is a bit wishy-washy with some of the values here.

But crazy people are still voters, and we must attack their every point and drill the logic through them, hoping one day they will "wake up" and use their head.
A noble aspiration, but incredibly difficult. As my parents said, once someone has wrapped themselves inside a strong political belief, they often refuse to listen to alternative sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies