Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 11:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,198,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
well exhibit A is Bush, who was a Texas governor and a horrible president

And exhibit B is Perry who is a Texas governor and would of been a repeat of the other Texas governor, so no thank you.
LOL! I think that your logic skills need some brushing up on. In other words - you are going to reject any governor from Texas who chooses to run for president in the future based on your dislike for two governors of that state.

Seriously? You would really not pay attention to a candidate as an individual - and instead base your judgment of them on what state they hail from?

Would you have rejected Ann Richards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,237,260 times
LOL! You determine the validity based on a particular site? Google it. You'd find a plethora of sites that confirm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL! You link to a site that hosts a radio program that features David Duke and expect to be taken seriously?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
LOL! You determine the validity based on a particular site? Google it. You'd find a plethora of sites that confirm it.
I'm sorry - but the credibility of a claim is damaged when your source is a site that promotes a former KKK Grand Wizard.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,467,283 times
Quote:
LOL! I think that your logic skills need some brushing up on. In other words - you are going to reject any governor from Texas who chooses to run for president in the future based on your dislike for two governors of that state.

Seriously? You would really not pay attention to a candidate as an individual - and instead base your judgment of them on what state they hail from?

Would you have rejected Ann Richards?
If a state can't produce a good president in two straight tries, I have no interest in trying again with that state.

You know the Bush saying. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on m....wait, you can't fool me twice, shame on you." Thanks Texas for producing that idiot.

I am guessing you weren't paying close attention to anything for a better part of a decade and just got into politics this spring.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
If a state can't produce a good president in two straight tries, I have no interest in trying again with that state.

You know the Bush saying. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on m....wait, you can't fool me twice, shame on you." Thanks Texas for producing that idiot.

I am guessing you weren't paying close attention to anything for a better part of a decade and just got into politics this spring.
The state did produce a good president - his name was George W. Bush.

By your "logic" - you should never support any president from Illinois - because the current president is from that state.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
The state did produce a good president - his name was George W. Bush.

By your "logic" - you should never support any president from Illinois - because the current president is from that state.
Go back under your rock, you clearly have been under it for the past 15 years. Bush was not a good president, he was actually the worst in modern day history. Your foggy sense of history seems to of forgotten all the things he did during his two terms in office....or you were too young to remember, hard to say.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Go back under your rock, you clearly have been under it for the past 15 years. Bush was not a good president, he was actually the worst in modern day history. Your foggy sense of history seems to of forgotten all the things he did during his two terms in office....or you were too young to remember, hard to say.
What did he do during his presidency that you are critical about?

Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
What did he do during his presidency that you are critical about?
Two unpaid wars, two unpaid tax cuts, the Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, took more vacation time than any other president, lied about WMD to go to war with Iraq, never caught Osama bin Laden even though that was the reasoning for invading Afghanistan, there was this thing with a banner that said "mission accomplished" when the mission wasn't accomplished, passed the Military Commissions Act, it took him six years to veto his first bill which was stem cell research, poorly lead the country through Hurricane Katrina that was just a pure embarrassment to watch, pulled out of the anti-ballistics missile treaty, allowed the military to outsource much of the security contractors that just so happen to be buddies with him and the vice president, he was against peaceful negotiations with some countries, dissolving the Iraqi military right after the war which lead to an increase of angry unemployed Iraqi militants, along with several other lies...should I go on or is that a good enough list for you?

Old 08-20-2012, 12:18 AM

24,602 posts, read 33,554,893 times
Quote:
Two unpaid wars, two unpaid tax cuts, the Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, took more vacation time than any other president, lied about WMD to go to war with Iraq, never caught Osama bin Laden even though that was the reasoning for invading Afghanistan, there was this thing with a banner that said "mission accomplished" when the mission wasn't accomplished, passed the Military Commissions Act, it took him six years to veto his first bill which was stem cell research, poorly lead the country through Hurricane Katrina that was just a pure embarrassment to watch, pulled out of the anti-ballistics missile treaty, allowed the military to outsource much of the security contractors that just so happen to be buddies with him and the vice president, he was against peaceful negotiations with some countries, dissolving the Iraqi military right after the war which lead to an increase of angry unemployed Iraqi militants, along with several other lies...should I go on or is that a good enough list for you?
Too many errors to correct! I will point out that disaster preparation is the responsibility of the Mayor of a city and the Governor of a state. Even so, Bush offered to send in aid 24 hours before hurricane Katrina made landfall.

Also, the two tax cuts increased government revenue.

And there was no "lying" about WMD. I sure wish that myth would die out, already. Acting on information supplied to you is not "lying." Oh, "mission accomplished" meant the end of major combat in Iraq. And it was the end of major combat. Also, it was not G.W. Bush's orders to put that banner on the ship.

One more: It was his policies that led to the capture of Osama. Hitler was never captured when Franklin D. Roosevelt was president; does that mean his was a failed presidency?

So, no, your list was not "enough because" it's filled with inaccuracies.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Too many errors to correct! I will point out that disaster preparation is the responsibility of the Mayor of a city and the Governor of a state. Even so, Bush offered to send in aid 24 hours before hurricane Katrina made landfall.

Also, the two tax cuts increased government revenue.

And there was no "lying" about WMD. I sure wish that myth would die out, already. Acting on information supplied to you is not "lying." Oh, "mission accomplished" meant the end of major combat in Iraq. And it was the end of major combat. Also, it was not G.W. Bush's orders to put that banner on the ship.

One more: It was his policies that led to the capture of Osama. Hitler was never captured when Franklin D. Roosevelt was president; does that mean his was a failed presidency?

So, no, your list was not "enough because" it's filled with inaccuracies.
Only inaccurate to a Con who makes up his own facts, Bush was the worst modern day president in history and you can continue to deny that for as long as you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies