Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:15 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,707,690 times

Advertisements

I dont have the links handy but a quick google search will lead you to all the articles when the arrests happened. You will see how rice grabbed the front and center on what she thought was an issue her mindless soccer mom supporters would rally behind her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 06:21 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That doesn't surprise me. I wasn't impressed with her qualifications. I didn't vote for her.
You voted for Dennis Dillon.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:07 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,999,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Looks like it will cost the taxpayers more million$ if applicants sue.
I think it's already started. 3 plaintiffs I believe. That's how I heard about it. A short article on the lawsuit. I don't think they are even looking for money. Just to push NCPD to follow the rules and get the process moving. Of course, NC blamed it on a combination of layoffs in the licensing division (but they have time to harass legal gun shops?!) and "we can do what we like in the interests of public safety" BS.

RE: The T&T case.
1. Supposedly the gas line has been disabled for years.
2. T&T claims there was no range, but they had a commercial "bullet trap" for test firing weapons.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I have never seen a suburban region of this country have such a hatred of citizens rights in regards to their 2nd Amendment privilege than currently exists on LI.
Led by a female Democrat poster child for gun violence.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
She played tge dwi card for all it was worth with the soccer moms. She is totally unqualified for tge job.
And where was she when a drunk illegal alien murdered my classmate and his coworker driving the wrong way on the WSP last year? The POS got 8-15 for TWO men's lives.

Wimpy Rice was afraid of making waves with the illegal supporters.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:00 AM

Nassau County, Long Island New York. DA Rice's office press release. Rice and T&T are in the 4th paragraph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I did not see Rice's name mentioned in the article only Ciampoli, any background. The issue was operating a firing range near an active gas line that was evidently inactive, big mistake by the county.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:10 AM

321 posts, read 596,113 times
I own several handguns and long guns.

I was not aware that misogyny was a trait required to be a gun owner.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 PM

999 posts, read 2,358,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
For costing the County even more money for your unwarranted publicity stunt...

Seaford Gun Store Owner Awarded $5 Million in Lawsuit - Wantagh-Seaford, NY Patch

Why would anyone have voted for her? She is a low tier law school graduate, a woman democratic politician, and an unrepentant publicity hound.

That was the ncpd's fault, they made the case and dumped that in the da's office.

I don't see how the da is responsible for what the ncpd did, and then when this was an issue they went after the same shop for assault weapon bs.

Now what makes an assault weapon are a few things altogether, one it needs to hold more than 10 rounds and by magazine and be semi or full auto and then have another 2 differences that are the most stupid reasoning ever to define any gun or rifle as an assault weapon.

A collapsible stock, which doesn't make any rifle BETTER or more suited for killing

A pistol grip, which really doesn't do all that

A forward grip, may be a help on a full auto

A threaded barrel, of which you need either a suppressor or flash suppressor on it and really both can be great accessories for hunting.
A suppressor can give you the 2nd chance you need when you aren't a good shot
The flash suppressor can do the same for you if you need the 2nd shot, or it could be a help in this scenario

A semi auto with all the above pieces would be great on a hunt and you encounter 12 rabbits with your so called assault .22 rifle classed as a assault weapon because it holds more than 10 shots and is quiet and shows no flash, aiding you get 10 rabbits in one outing

See how stupid these insane laws are, and besides all this effects are people that really could have used this, studies show criminals don't give a *****

Oh wait then there is the barrel shroud, which how in the world that makes a gun any more deadly than any other is beyond me.

The assualt weapon bs law was only a test at trying to disarm all U.S. citizens and they pulled it off.....

So it should have made EVERYONE pay attention even more to govt and really get a grip on them and in someway it helped by organizations getting more involved, but this nonsense needs to stop as you can see here it is only further screwing the people.

Wait till the owner hands nc there ass in his next case if you don't know about that bs and that is going to have way more than 3 people getting paid, more like 30 or something...

People kill people not the gun, and guns aren't the most efficient, planes are......

Old 08-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
And where was she when a drunk illegal alien murdered my classmate and his coworker driving the wrong way on the WSP last year? The POS got 8-15 for TWO men's lives.

Wimpy Rice was afraid of making waves with the illegal supporters.

Then you should have, did someone put a gun to your head and tell you, go ahead make this public on every forum and spread around stickers and have anyone call my office and we'll pull the trigger next time....

People gotta do there part, if you would have made this public i would have called that office and demanded those pos not only charge him but then deport him....

You dropped the ball, you should have called on your fellow citizens to do the right thing and then let US fellow citizens call out the jerk offs for being stupid.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Like this ohbeehave..... Took 2 minutes and spreading this around would have made people want to know whats that about...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies