Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,113,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's how the right wing mind works, on the intelligence levels of a 3rd grader.
You prove the point - that many liberals can't argue without using insults.

Thanks for being an exhibit for my thesis.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 AM

15,087 posts, read 13,504,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Since you kicked off your argument in this thread by insulting all liberals, I guess you can revise your thesis to include yourself and then thank yourself for being an exhibit for it...

Old 08-17-2012, 01:08 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,861,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Since you kicked off your argument in this thread by insulting all liberals, I guess you can revise your thesis to include yourself and then thank yourself for being an exhibit for it...

Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How do you see my OP as "insulting" liberals?

Old 08-17-2012, 01:35 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,106,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
It's nice that the libs on this thread have already proven your point, by getting off topic and skirting around the issues like they always do. The more I "discuss" (and I do use that word lightly) issues with liberals, pointing out the hard facts of the matter, the more I am convinced that many of them do not want to deal with the facts. They would rather continue living in their perfect fantasy world, where all of their beautifully concocted plans for the world come true and are not subject to refutation. A couple of examples:

1) National Debt, Medicare, SS, and Medicaid. Conservatives know this is a huge problem. Liberals (generally speaking) will silence virtually all debate with the tired arguments of more federal spending to correct the problem, higher taxes on the rich, the debt is not that big of a deal, conservatives want to throw grandma on the street, blah blah blah.

2) The Obama administration. Start talking to any liberal about the unemployment rate, the flagging economy, Solyndra, $5 trillion spending in under 4 years, Obama's institution of class warfare, a divided country, or any other criticisms about this disaster of an administration. Here's the counterclaim: You're a racist, you just want Obama gone, you got this information from FOX News, Bush was worse, Romney likes the rich, it's not that much spending, don't worry about it, ad infinitum.

Liberals refuse to confront reality, and they are so proud of their so-called ideological progressivism that they will not consider once changing their worldview. Instead, the demean the opposition, call for censorship, and will tolerate only anyone who agrees with them.
Off topic? It was pretty clear the topic was bullying liberals. Something about how we should harass all Muslims because conservatives are such emotionless machines...

Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Off topic? It was pretty clear the topic was bullying liberals. Something about how we should harass all Muslims because conservatives are such emotionless machines...
nyyfanatic is entirely ON topic - the thread after all is about how liberals argue - and that poster was correct.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 AM

15,087 posts, read 13,504,695 times
Quote:
How do you see my OP as "insulting" liberals?
Well, let's see. You made a bunch of demeaning inferences about "how liberals argue," and then you smeared ALL liberals with it. That's fairly insulting.

If we could be intellectually honest here for a moment... The juvenile argument tactics that you point out are not monopolized by liberals or conservatives. There are intelligent articulators and juvenile insulters on both sides. And you should know better than to infer that it's ONLY one side. That in and of itself is a juvenile argument.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,018,936 times
Quote:

The irony here is breathtaking.

Instead of discussing an issue, the OP starts a thread with the sole purpose of insulting liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.