Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 AM

764 posts, read 598,001 times

Advertisements

We all need more Big League Chew. It's clearly the best bubble gum...

Old 08-10-2012, 05:18 AM

68,350 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Uh-oh , looks like I ruffled someones feathers!
Nah, ya just got a bunch of conservative turkeys gobblin' over nothing.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 AM

805 posts, read 1,086,658 times
It's nice that the libs on this thread have already proven your point, by getting off topic and skirting around the issues like they always do. The more I "discuss" (and I do use that word lightly) issues with liberals, pointing out the hard facts of the matter, the more I am convinced that many of them do not want to deal with the facts. They would rather continue living in their perfect fantasy world, where all of their beautifully concocted plans for the world come true and are not subject to refutation. A couple of examples:

1) National Debt, Medicare, SS, and Medicaid. Conservatives know this is a huge problem. Liberals (generally speaking) will silence virtually all debate with the tired arguments of more federal spending to correct the problem, higher taxes on the rich, the debt is not that big of a deal, conservatives want to throw grandma on the street, blah blah blah.

2) The Obama administration. Start talking to any liberal about the unemployment rate, the flagging economy, Solyndra, $5 trillion spending in under 4 years, Obama's institution of class warfare, a divided country, or any other criticisms about this disaster of an administration. Here's the counterclaim: You're a racist, you just want Obama gone, you got this information from FOX News, Bush was worse, Romney likes the rich, it's not that much spending, don't worry about it, ad infinitum.

Liberals refuse to confront reality, and they are so proud of their so-called ideological progressivism that they will not consider once changing their worldview. Instead, the demean the opposition, call for censorship, and will tolerate only anyone who agrees with them.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,135,824 times
Love the conservative stance on moveon.org, then completely ignore the fact that they love the RW talking heads, and con-rags like the Blaze.

Sheesh.

Last edited by carterstamp; 08-10-2012 at 05:58 AM..

Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
Quote:
LOL! The lady in the video uses every buzzword, talking point, and feel good mantra that the liberals always use.

She repeatedly says "I don't care".

"I'm a liberal - I like TV"!

"I'm having you arrested for hate speech".

"That is what Moveon.org says and what I learned on the Rachel Maddow show!"

"That is what Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow tell me - right wingers are greedy, they listen to Fox News, they hate gays".

"You right-wingers are ignorant, bible thumping, Christian fundamentalists".

The conservative is calm and collected and the liberal is quite angry - pretty much like what occurs on this forum.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the whole 7 minute clip. If you are a conservative - you will LOL. If you are a liberal - maybe you will hear yourself talking and learn why your stances make no sense.

It couldn't be more funny - and it is entirely accurate!
That must be her apartment. There are only 3 books in the bookcase.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:02 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,422,658 times
Kind of like the opening poster saying "bush didn't say Iraq had nuclear weapons " then when they are proved wring they never acknowledge their error?

Is thar how conservatives argue? It is the op I speak of.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:59 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,476,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
For conservatives you mean.

Yeah, both sides can play that game and you are pro at it too so lets not pretend otherwise. Quips and one liners are NOT in short supply.
And regularly do.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,855,792 times
Quote:
Uh-oh , looks like I ruffled someones feathers!
And this is your idea of having a discussion.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,540,199 times
Big difference I noticed between the two tapes. The lib was always saying she was going to report him to authorities and have him locked up for hate speech.

If you think that is funny then you don't know what is coming. Soon just saying gay marriage is against the bible will be hate speech and if someone wants to take it to court the person could very well be locked up.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 PM

5,637 posts, read 6,525,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
it's almost like liberals and conservatives are equally as annoying
+1!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies