Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 01:36 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,544,740 times

Advertisements

I got this e-mail message from an outraged relative today. Have you gotten it?

GE Moving from Wisconsin. Keep your eye on Waukesha, Wisconsin......Their biggest employer just moved out. General Electric is planning to move its 115-year-old X-ray division from Waukesha, Wis., to Beijing. In addition to moving the headquarters,the company will invest $2 billion in China and train more than 65 engineers and create six research centers.

This is the same GE that made $5.1 billion in the United States last year, but paid no taxes - the same company that employs more people overseas than it does in the United States. So let me get this straight. President Obama appointed GE Chairman Jeff Immelt to head his commission on job creation (job czar). Immelt is supposed to help create jobs. I guess the President forgot to tell him in which country he was supposed to be creating those jobs.

Thanks Jeff, you're a "real" American....give Barrack our Best! If this doesn't show you the total lack of leadership of this President, I don't know what does. Please pass this information to others and think about it before you buy a GE product.

For Snopes verification of this information, go to:snopes.com: General Electric China Move

I'll bet you have gotten it. The talking points memo gets around pretty fast because there have been several comments right here about Jeffry Immelt. It's an outrage...AN OUTRAGE I TELL YA... that Obama's jobs czar is moving jobs to China!

Couple o' things to note here:

1. This story is about a year old.

2. Click on the Snopes link at the bottom and read it. Yes, read it all the way through. What do you see?

What you'll see is that OUTRAGEOUS story resulted in the loss of...ready for it? 4 jobs. That's right..4. Let me spell that for you....four. Four executive positions moved to China. The other 120 jobs were not affected and, in fact, GE is hiring in Waukesha right now:

Ge Jobs in Waukesha, WI - BusinessWeek

See? The RWNJ's who produce and circulate this kind of crap are counting on the fact that you won't click on that link, that you'll just skim through it, see that Obama's name is attached to it, then get angry and start sending it on to everyone you know. And, that's exactly what people are doing. They're counting you being dumb enough to fall for the lie...and they're right! Heck, they're so sure of your gullibility that they include the refutation of their lie right there in the message and you STILL don't see it!

Oh...one more thing. Just for the benefit of those suckers who are so easily taken in and too lazy to actually RESEARCH a claim, here's one for you. Since 2009, GE has created, or moved BACK to America, 15,500 new jobs. Yes, that's right. They've moved jobs BACK to this country from other places.

GE

Oh, but never mind because Obama can't do anything right and he's appointed a guy to his Jobs Council who moves jobs to China....right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
People complain all the time about outsourcing and despite your attempt to defend it GE has been a huge proponent of outsourcing.

GE Closes Last Incandescent Light Bulb Plant, Jobs Sent to China | Heartlander Magazine

Also, your link is from GE and it states that they "plan" on adding 15,000 jobs. How has that gone?

You do realize that "planning" and doing are two different things right?

Old 07-27-2012, 01:46 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,142,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People complain all the time about outsourcing and despite your attempt to defend it GE has been a huge proponent of outsourcing.

GE Closes Last Incandescent Light Bulb Plant, Jobs Sent to China | Heartlander Magazine

Also, your link is from GE and it states that they "plan" on adding 15,000 jobs. How has that gone?

He's like Obama and the media. He thinks people are dumb enough to take what they say as truth. They also benefit from dumb people. They are banking on the stupid people voting, because the dumbest in this country will vote for Obama, who needs mindless drones to win

Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:

You didn't click on the links I provided, did you? GE is hiring in Waukesha right now.

And, yes, it would be nice if we could keep every job in America, but that's neither practical, logical or possible. Some will be lost and some won't come back.

But, GE is still expanding it's domestic light bulb manufacturing and still moving jobs home from overseas:

GE Lighting invests more than $60M to expand manufacturing at Bucyrus, Ohio, plant

In any case, this thread isn't about GE. It's about how the right thinks you're dumb enough to fall for any old lie told about Obama just because....well...just because people apparently are! They've been so successful at making people afraid of Obama that their followers are primed to believe anything. Even worse, as we can see right here on these boards, even when the truth is revealed, that doesn't stop the the frightened weenies from continuing to believe the lie!

Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,656,048 times
I don't put much stock in any of these "outrage" emails.

On the one hand you have the conservatives so upset with "Barrack" for letting jobs get outsourced, but on the other hand they talk about how fat bottom lines to corporate America is a good thing - how else do you get fat bottom lines but by cutting expenses, as in outsourcing.

Pick a side and stick with it, conservatives. Either you are for the American worker or you are for the American corporation. Unfortunately you can't be both in today's global economy.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You didn't click on the links I provided, did you?
GE has announced plans to create 15,500 jobs in the U.S.

Where do you think I got this from?

Quote:
GE is hiring in Waukesha right now.
The argument is not that GE no longer does anything here. It's that they are a huge proponent of outsourcing. Bain didn't send every job overseas either so I guess that means Romney would actually be a great choice come November?

Quote:
And, yes, it would be nice if we could keep every job in America, but that's neither practical, logical or possible. Some will be lost and some won't come back.
Bain Capitols position. You state it quite well.

Quote:
In any case, this thread isn't about GE. It's about how the right thinks you're dumb enough to fall for any old lie told about Obama just because....well...just because people apparently are! They've been so successful at making people afraid of Obama that their followers are primed to believe anything. Even worse, as we can see right here on these boards, even when the truth is revealed, that doesn't stop the the frightened weenies from continuing to believe the lie!
I get a kick out of people who post a thread and then when it doesn't go as they planned say that the direction the topic goes isn't what they had intended.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post

On the one hand you have the conservatives so upset with "Barrack" for letting jobs get outsourced, but on the other hand they talk about how fat bottom lines to corporate America is a good thing - how else do you get fat bottom lines but by cutting expenses, as in outsourcing.

Pick a side and stick with it, conservatives. Either you are for the American worker or you are for the American corporation. Unfortunately you can't be both in today's global economy.
Indeed, pick a side. Outsourcing is either bad or those who practice it are good examples and leaders for our country.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post

You better be able to do both because without profits there are no jobs. Feed your hogwash to someone dumb enough to believe it.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
[i]

I get a kick out of people who post a thread and then when it doesn't go as they planned say that the direction the topic goes isn't what they had intended.

Uh...what's the title of this thread? Is GE anywhere in it?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,965,286 times
It seem like just yesterday the far left was attacking corporations who didn't pay any income tax in 2011. My how things change.

I wonder if they will similarly give Gov. Walker any credit for these jobs coming back to WI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies