Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 09:13 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,032,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
This is a Arizona border to Mexico. So of course they are going to patrol it and have some minor checkpoints. All he had to do is say yes and possibly show an Arizona EDL.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja-arizona/2010/05/16/guide-to-border-patrol-checkpoints/
http://search.dmv.org/dmv/arizona/enhanced-drivers-license

Stop making something from nothing.
I haven't looked up the location for the video, but there are I believe two checkpoints in Arizona that do this that are not on the border. They're checkpoints with American soil on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 04:19 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,800,092 times
Quote:
Remember, Big Brother...knows more about you than any other person not living with you. You've already surrendered that part of your life.
Sorry to burst you bubble, but Big Brother knows nearly nothing because of multiple agencies who don't share information. Bureaucracy is a big limiting factor. Now the Credit Reporting agencies they know nearly extremely more than the Big Brother does and the don't have bureaucracy in the way. So its not Big Brother its Big Business. If you're in the mood to test this out try the following: Do an online Credit Card request for let say Amazon. Type in your name , address, SS# and "0" income. The system will come back and play 20 questions with you. Some of the questions that come up date back to your birth.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,079,560 times
I never leave home without my "papers".

DL, Insurance card and registration. Just in case I get pulled over.

I'm a white male and should I be pulled over and NOT have my "papers" available, my vehicle will be impounded and I'll be fined heavily.

I don't understand the lefties.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:23 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,167,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Alcohol?
Tobacco?
Cash checks?
Buying something with a credit card?
Rent a car?
To see government officials speak?
Ride the Greyhound?
Purchase land?
Get a loan?
Pawning something?
Purchasing a firearm?
Renting an apartment?
Getting a marriage license?
Opening a bank account?
Applying for welfare?
Getting a driver's license?

None of those things you should have to show I.D. for?
I don't get carded for alcohol or cigarettes anymore. I never get asked for an ID when I use my credit card, I've never been asked to speak to a government official I haven't applied fora loan in years, don' intend to buy a gun, I have no intentions of applying for welfare, I already have a bank account and drivers license. I have gone months without having to show any form of ID, but then again I'm not in the habit of going into pawn shops, buying guns and collecting welfare.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,509,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I don't get carded for alcohol or cigarettes anymore. I never get asked for an ID when I use my credit card, I've never been asked to speak to a government official I haven't applied fora loan in years, don' intend to buy a gun, I have no intentions of applying for welfare, I already have a bank account and drivers license. I have gone months without having to show any form of ID, but then again I'm not in the habit of going into pawn shops, buying guns and collecting welfare.
I understand now.

"Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me..."

You've got a "me" problem.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,167,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I understand now.

"Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me..."

You've got a "me" problem.
Better than a stuttering problem.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The border enforcement agencies have seen an increase in 30,000 personnel since the Bush years. The fence everyone used to holler for is just about finished. Last year, there were about 400,000 deportations, an all-time record and not the same thing as "catch and release" as practiced during the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Reagan years. Illegals caught in one place (say...San Ysidro, CA) are returned to Mexico as far from their point of entry as possible (say...Brownsville, TX) to preclude them contracting with their coyotes and coming right back. The flow of illegals has been reduced to such a trickle that ICE is now concentrating on other things.

What else do you want?
He may have added agents but they're told they cannot go after illegals. Obama put a halt on deportations. Did you miss that news? He just gave out a million work visas to reward those here illegally and encourage them to stay.

But the border agents added by Obama were pretty effective in catching Willy Nelson with pot. He wasn't even smuggling it in from Mexico. They're not catching the cartel smugglers obviously though. Those are the ones bringing in tons of drugs every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies