Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 11:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Your papers Comrade

Impose your 4th Amendment Rights upon our own government goons.

Patriot Act Road Block Freedom
Awesome, so far my best educational entertainment of the day.

Thanks muchos...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 11:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
So how about we work to eliminate anchor baby citizenship and food stamps, get rid of the nifty little border crossing card and put the border back where it belongs and enforce that border?

Old 07-14-2012, 11:45 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Freedom is overated I prefer security and safety. Mama, papa, tuck me in
You should get in touch with Vlad Putin. He's got everything you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Then I take him as being a Canadian trying to sneak in through the Arizona border via Mexico disguising himself as an American. No wonder he didn't want to show ID. He would have finally been caught and deported. Is that a better scenerio?
Well, while the guy was being detained they ran his car tags and therein would know his identity, prolly with photo ID. So they either knew who he was and/or that the car had not been reported stolen.

Remember, Big Brother (but not Julie Chen) knows more about you than any other person not living with you. You've already surrendered that part of your life.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Then I take him as being a Canadian trying to sneak in through the Arizona border via Mexico disguising himself as an American. No wonder he didn't want to show ID. He would have finally been caught and deported. Is that a better scenerio?
Then they failed to stop him at the Canadian border, no citizen should be harassed due to their failure.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
You should get in touch with Vlad Putin. He's got everything you need.

Well, while the guy was being detained they ran his car tags and therein would know his identity, prolly with photo ID. So they either knew who he was and/or that the car had not been reported stolen.

Remember, Big Brother (but not Julie Chen) knows more about you than any other person not living with you. You've already surrendered that part of your life.
Yes -- and anyone who actually knows about these checkpoints know about the cameras and x-rays that are done on you. Nothing new about this -- but seriously -- where have you guys been? Some of us have been trying to warn you about what's been going on along the border for sometime now.

Just like the airport security where Muslims are passed on through but Americans get felt up.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:56 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Freedom is overated I prefer security and safety. Mama, papa, tuck me in
Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-14-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” ― Thomas Jefferson
Well what took you so long to realize that you surrended your freedom and country and Constitution? It's past tense -- you've accepted these check points and the relocation of the border 80 miles north all this time. Kind of late to start caring now.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:22 PM

I believe this was all part of the NAFTA deal they made. That was all about a surrender.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:02 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Those Border Patrol check points have been around for a long, long time. Even as far back as the 1960's, the BP would hang out at the old toll booth at the eastern end of the Will Rogers Turnpike in Oklahoma and board busses to check ID's. I've seen them do it.

In any case, it seems the right is all in a dither over illegal immigrants, but would deny ICE the tools they need to catch them.

Ya can't have it both ways.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Once you are within US borders you should not have to show any type of ID.
What if you are stopped for speeding or reckless driving? How about to vote? I could go on but don't think it necessary after I get your mind aimed at what really exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies