Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 AM

13,020 posts, read 13,834,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Firstly, that was a mistype on my part. I apparently changed the way I was wording the question in the midst of it. I had intended to write "by their own people" (fellow Africans). My original thought was to write, "by other black people." That aside, it's still a fact.

Secondly, that's not playing the race card at all. Playing the race card would be blaming another group for something done to people of my own ethnicity. I didn't do that. Mentioning another race is not playing the race card.

And your example is 100% wrong. The Jews were not gassed/killed by other Jews. Jews and Nazis (Germans) are not the same ethnicity.
That was my point, just because people occupy the same continent it doesn't make them "fellows" The DNA of two Africans from the same tribe has more diversity than the DNA of two randomly selected people from anywhere in the world.When we look at Europe we don't think Brit, Scots Welsh , German, and Irish are all they same just because they look the same( not to mention the atrocities they visited on each other or "fellows") and we should not think any two black people on the continent of Africa are the same.
..but I digress
Too often I see posters calling "The Race Card " and attacking a posters position with out refuting the premise of the position.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 07-05-2012 at 05:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies