Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM

7,608 posts, read 5,858,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"A clear majority of Americans think opponents to the Affordable Care Act should not try to block the law’s implementation, a new poll shows.

According to the latest survey from Kaiser Family Foundation, conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates, 56 percent believe that detractors to the law widely known as “Obamacare” should move on to tackle the nation’s other problems, compared with only 38 percent who believe they should continue their efforts to block the law from being implemented."

Poll: 56 Percent Want 'Obamacare' Opponents To Move On | TPM Livewire
I took a poll downtown in the district the other day, you know, where all the entitlement folks hang out...

100% of the respondents said they wanted to keep ObamaCare. Odd, I know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 02:44 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,166,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nor is it a tax increase for those who purchase insurance. ha ha ha !!
Of course it is, through increased premiums and additional taxes on certain medical components and procedures. Those who have purchased insurance are footing the "credit" for those who cannot currently afford to a purchase.

There is another thread with the list of taxes added by this Obama-tax. Most hit the middle class.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
people are so fickle and uninformed.
Yep.

Lots of uninformed people (watch them cheer when Romney proposes the very things in the ACA), and lots of people who feel they shouldn't have to take personal responsibility (strange - Republicans used to support the mandate as a way to ensure some level of personal responsibility, now they oppose it).

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 07-02-2012 at 03:58 PM..

Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,283,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
This election will be polarized by this decision. In fact, I'd venture to say that no single issue, since slavery, was as polarizing as this, in a contest for US Presidency.
At least slavery was a real issue. The current state of "polarization" would be comparable to the South seceding because the North finally agreed to its proposal on slavery.

I have long resisted saying this, because I didn't want to believe it, but the only issue in the 2012 elections is whether or not American wants to have a black man living in a White House and whether or not the Republican Party is willing to ride the coatails of racist to regain it.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
At least slavery was a real issue. The current state of "polarization" would be comparable to the South seceding because the North finally agreed to its proposal on slavery.

I have long resisted saying this, because I didn't want to believe it, but the only issue in the 2012 elections is whether or not American wants to have a black man living in a White House and whether or not the Republican Party is willing to ride the coatails of racist to regain it.
And, according to your wisdom, the fact that many (perhaps a majority, we will see) disagree with the policies and direction this president promotes has nothing to do with it, right? It just has to be based on race. Pitiful.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:07 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,673,792 times
Quote:
"A clear majority of Americans think opponents to the Affordable Care Act should not try to block the law’s implementation, a new poll shows.

According to the latest survey from Kaiser Family Foundation, conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates, 56 percent believe that detractors to the law widely known as “Obamacare” should move on to tackle the nation’s other problems, compared with only 38 percent who believe they should continue their efforts to block the law from being implemented."

Poll: 56 Percent Want 'Obamacare' Opponents To Move On | TPM Livewire
Then the clear majority are very UNCLEAR about what Obamacare really is. Yes, on the surface, it's about trying to get "affordable" healthcare to millions of American citizens and to provide a well managed and technologically advanced health care system. Sounds great. But, how do they want to provide that "well managed and technologically advanced" system? And what about what the rest of the bill says?

The act states in its opening words, "To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes." For other purposes? What other purposes? And why not say what they are, clearly, upfront, instead of hiding them deep in bill when they know very, very few people will read it?

This is the introduction to having the RFID Chip implanted. Those who want access to this "affordable", "high quality" and "technologically advanced" health care will be implanted with the Radio Frequency Identification microchip.

Hmmm... another conspiracy theory nut, right? Wrong. In section 2521 of the Affordable Healthcare Act they have tactfully not mentioned this device by name, but describe it with phrases like, "device that is implanted", "postmarket device surveillance", and "Record of unique device identifier."

This device will soon go beyond just medical records and treatments. It will be used for finances, creating a cashless society. (Information I received first-hand when I worked for the FR.) This device will be the key to all transactions whether you're at the grocery store, a movie theatre, or wherever you buy or sell anything.

What was that one phrase they themselves used? "Record of unique device identifier." That's right. It will be your form of ID, too; scanned by police, doctors, military, etc., for identification purposes. All of your information will be accessible. In essence, this means that it would eventually be mandatory for people to have this "unique device identifier" before they can buy or sell anything. (Sound familiar? It's right out of Bible prophecy.)

When the Supreme Court voted, disastrously, to uphold this health law, they just added $1.15 Trillion to the National Deficit. A study found that it will impose more than $500 Billion in tax increases (in 18 separate tax increases) on the private sector, which could cause 20 million private sector employees to lose their health insurance, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

According to Gallup Poll, 85% of small businesses are NOT hiring. Nearly half say it's because of the potential in the rising costs to these health care regulations.

46% of doctors in America say they may leave the field if the government takes control of the health care industry.

The Wall Street Journal has an interesting analysis of the Supreme Court's ruling.

So, the poll that shows that 56% want Obamacare opponents to "move on" are dangerously - and willfully - uninformed.

EDITED TO ADD: Here is some of the critical wording in Section 2521 of Obamacare. Read it for yourself. Face it folks. The conspiracy theorist nuts were right all along. And so is Bible prophecy.

Section 2521 (National Medical Device registry): The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety andoutcomes data on each device that—‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable,life-supporting, or life-sustaining. validating methods for analyzing patientsafety and outcomes data from multiple sources andfor linking such data with the information includedin the registry as described in subparagraph (A), including, to the extent feasible other postmarket device surveillanceactivities of the Secretary authorized by this‘‘(D) providing public access to the data and analysis collected or developed through the registryin a manner and form that protects patient privacyand proprietary information and is comprehensive,useful, and not misleading to patients, physicians,
17 and scientists.‘‘(3)(A) To facilitate analyses of postmarket safetyand patient outcomes for devices described in paragraph, the Secretary shall, in collaboration with public, academic, and private entities, develop methods to—‘‘(i) obtain access to disparate sources ofpatient safety and outcomes data, including—‘‘(I) Federal health-related electronicdata (such as data from the Medicare pro-Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 333(f)(1)(B)(ii)) is amended by striking ‘‘519(g)’’ and inserting ‘‘519(h)’’3 (b) ELECTRONIC EXCHANGE AND USE IN CERTIFIEDELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS OF UNIQUE DEVICEIDENTIFIERS.— RECOMMENDATIONS.—The HIT PolicyCommittee established under section 3002 of thePublic Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300jj–shall recommend to the head of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology standards, implementation specifications, and certification criteria for the electronic exchange anduse in certified electronic health records of a uniquedevice identifier for each device described in section of the Federal Food, Drug, and CosmeticAct,

Old 07-02-2012, 04:18 PM

186 posts, read 265,215 times
Nothing in the AHA requires providers (doctors or hospitals) to use it. I just had a knee replacement and both doctor and hospital billed, but the anesthesiologist sent a certified letter stating that they do not bill and I had to pay it out of pocket and then bill on my own. Of course the amount was grossly different between what they wanted and what I was reimbursed. Nothing changes with this.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:36 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,678,169 times
Quote:

When all else fails...play that race card.

This thread's about people's view of the decision by The Supreme Court regarding Obamacare.

Last edited by jfkIII; 07-02-2012 at 06:46 PM..

Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,359,213 times
Quote:

That's rich considering a majority of Americans oppose Obamacare. Perhaps they meant to say that the majority of people who support Obamacare want everyone else to move on, but then they are actually a minority.

And seriously, I wouldn't trust a word of what the Kaiser Family Foundation has to say.

They're in it for the money.

Blocking implementation....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
52% Favor Repeal of President’s Health Care Law

Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

Hmmmmmm......
No doubt.

Repealing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Now tell me, why would RomneyCare be the best idea for MA, but not for VT or any other state?
You just answered your own question.

Apparently, you don't understand the meaning of the word "State." This is the United States with an extremely diverse heterogeneous population of 312 Million. This is not Iceland with an homogenous population of 317,000 (and no -- I didn't stutter -- three hundred seventeen thousand).

Just because something works in one State, it does not logically follow that it will work in another State. By the same token, just because Iceland with an homogenous population of 317,000 (and no -- I didn't stutter -- three hundred seventeen thousand) has universal health care doesn't mean the US can.

You probably think all States have a coast-line and mountains and a desert. I assure you they do not.

Geographically and demographically....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
It's not Medicare for all, but it's a good start. I paid $18K out of pocket last year for medical expenses (not counting paying $400 a month for insurance) so I and a lot of other people are glad Obama took action.
Oh, I'm sure you are glad, because you're under the mistaken and misguided belief that I'm going pony up $18,000 for you.

I am not, and I'm real sorry about your luck.

You can't even pay for Medicare, so how in the hell are you going to pay for Obamacare?

Questioning....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Then the clear majority are very UNCLEAR about what Obamacare really is. Yes, on the surface, it's about trying to get "affordable" healthcare to millions of American citizens and to provide a well managed and technologically advanced health care system. Sounds great. But, how do they want to provide that "well managed and technologically advanced" system? And what about what the rest of the bill says?
Uh, the rest of the bill doesn't really say a whole lot. H&HS has said more and done more than what's in the bill, and they ain't even done yet.

Quote:
The act states in its opening words, "To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes." For other purposes? What other purposes? And why not say what they are, clearly, upfront, instead of hiding them deep in bill when they know very, very few people will read it?
Well, see, that type of very vague extremely unclear and grotesquely ambiguous language opens itself to all sorts of bizarre interpretations.

Quote:
This is the introduction to having the RFID Chip implanted. Those who want access to this "affordable", "high quality" and "technologically advanced" health care will be implanted with the Radio Frequency Identification microchip.

Hmmm... another conspiracy theory nut, right? Wrong. In section 2521 of the Affordable Healthcare Act they have tactfully not mentioned this device by name, but describe it with phrases like, "device that is implanted", "postmarket device surveillance", and "Record of unique device identifier."
I believe you.

I know how the game is played. I started playing the Word Game during the era of Blow Job Bill in the Oral Office. You needed an unabridged dictionary, a thesaurus and a grammar book just to figure out what it was they were really trying to say.

Simply...

Mircea

Old 07-02-2012, 08:34 PM

30,524 posts, read 19,040,778 times
Quote:

Oh my God- "the only issue in the 2012 elections is whether or not America(n) wants to have a black man living in the white house........"

It is amazing that people still say the only issue with Obama is his race. Why do libs always pull the race card and then deny that they ever use race as a rationalization for political opposition? That "argument" is so childish and simplistic that it has worn tired to every rational being (liberals excused).

Why don't people like Obama (this is from a Herman Cain supporter- but I guess to a lib, Cain was not black)

1. $16 trillion in debt
2. annual deficits of $1.3 trillion
3. Largest tax increase in US history
4. unemployment at 8.2% and rising
5. Personal incomes down 7%
6. Average net wealth of Americans down 40%
7. record foreclosures
8. policy set to prevent domestic oil, gas, and coal exploration
9. expanded EPA regulations to shackle business
10. Obamacare, which encourages businesses not to hire and expand
11. Fast and Furious
12. Promoting the Muslim Brotherhood in Libya and Egypt
13. Granting illegals citizenship
14. suing Arizona over enforcing immigration

Wow- I guess NONE of those issues involve race. Stop being childish and pulling the race card, when incompetence is the real reason for Obama's unpopularity. If minority candidates and elected officials cannot sustain the same scrutiny as white politicians, then stop running for office. This "race card" excuse is embarrassing to competent minorities who take personal responsibility for their actions, rather than always blaming someone else for their failures. This is the refuge of a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies