Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

It seems that the Volt now has some really good competition. The pictures on the link seem to be some real proof that another "green" auto fire was pretty bad but then "green" is the only color our administration knows.

Official claims Fisker Karma to blame in Texas house fire - Autoweek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times

2012 Fisker Karma: First Drive - YouTube
Yeah but alteast the Fisker Karma looks alot better than the Volt IMO even if it does burn down your gargage and house... plus it pushes out 403HP

Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
My neighbor just bought a Fisker Karma. I think its gorgeous.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
My neighbor just bought a Fisker Karma. I think its gorgeous.
Does you neighbor have the fire department on 24 hour alert? From the looks of this one I think maybe he should have or just park the Karma outside. He could get a really long extension cord.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post

2012 Fisker Karma: First Drive - YouTube
Yeah but alteast the Fisker Karma looks alot better than the Volt IMO even if it does burn down your gargage and house... plus it pushes out 403HP
I guess Autoweek must report different kinds of stories than Motor Trend does. My horsepower impressed son would never get excited about that 403HP since he doesn't care for electric powered cars. I will show him the pictures of the Texas fire and then your Motor Trend video and see if I can get a reply from him.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Our tax dollars at work!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
interesting as 430hsp is huge if rated at the rear wheels uinstead of the flywheel as was marketed in the 6os.

Of course the insurance companies charged extra for the horsepower and hsp was the bane of the environmentalists. Guess they need the high hsp ratings to sell the green cars.

Nothing wrong with green cars but their time has not yet arrived as a viable alternative.

People seem to forget the huge striddes made in mileage increases with electronic fuel injection and overdrive. If the cars companies would make a stripped down model using light weight panels and aluminum parts, it would be a world beater in terms of mileage and hsp....and still use the internal combustion engine.

They will claim no one wants a car without the 6way heated seats and other bells and whistles and they would be right to a point but when did marketing ever stop them from selling nothing. Wish they would make something as plain as an old business coupe from the 40s/50s...Guaranteed they would sell more stripped models than green cars.

Of course if anyone was serious the feds would go after 2cycle engines/lawnmowers as it wouldn't destroy our economy and could be a relatively fast paced change.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Our tax dollars at work!
I heard a report about this one on Fox News about noon and the man said that Fisker had a host of investigators in there studying the reason for the fire and they found that there had been fireworks in that garage with a possible faultily installed breaker box. They are trying very hard to keep their record as one of Obama's green weenies protected. The fire chief of the town had replied that they know the fire started in the car but just not where, yet.

One old boy was protecting green and one is the local expert on fires. I am still on the fireman's side.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM

I am wondering how much those cars cost. As plain as the Volt is it is about $45,000 and I have forgotten how much that Karma does costs. Oh well, green is where it's at these days so the man who parked his Fisker next to his Mercedes and caused $100,000 damage to that once fine looking house could surely afford to lose all that. I feel sorry for his insurance company, though.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that the Volt now has some really good competition. The pictures on the link seem to be some real proof that another "green" auto fire was pretty bad but then "green" is the only color our administration knows.

Official claims Fisker Karma to blame in Texas house fire - Autoweek

Another half a billion dollars of taxpayer money thrown into the trash can by the great ONE.

I see the damage to the home was almost a hundred grand which is the price tag for that thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies