Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama doing a good job?
No 71 68.27%
Yes 33 31.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,329,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Yes, don't you know that it's BAD to bow to a foreign king but holding hands and stopping just short of a big, fat French kiss is GOOD?

LOL

Freakin' hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,329,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Congress "gave' us NDAA many, many years ago.

He promised to escalate the war in Afghanistan, and did.
He promised to get Bin Laden should the opportunity arise, and did.
He promised to increase services for the military, active and veterans, and their families, and did.
DADT was repealed under his watch.

Jobs are still being created using stimulus funds - a huge project just started in my city, the latest of many.

Am I disappointed that Gitmo is still open? Yes, though it wasn't for lack of trying on the president's part.
Am I disappointed that the economy is recovering so slowly? Yes, but, slow growth is better than no growth.

The positives outweigh the negatives for me, so under the circumstances, I think he is doing a good job.
This.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM

371 posts, read 446,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The 2-1 NO/YES for this poll says a lot.
I guess I should point you toward another poll on this board: https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ma-repeat.html

Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,873,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, don't you know that it's BAD to bow to a foreign king but holding hands and stopping just short of a big, fat French kiss is GOOD?

LOL

Freakin' hypocrites.
ANY US President should refrain from bowing, kneeling or kissing. Kennedy wouldn't do it, Reagan wouldn't do it... however the last few POTUS seem to think subservience is a skill. The office is jaded and becoming meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
I guess I should point you toward another poll on this board: https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ma-repeat.html
Let me know when it reaches 2-1. If Romney pulls down the independents he'll win. I'm not happy with Romney as a choice, but I'm certain he knows how to manage a corporation unlike Obummer. The US is, for the most part, a corporation. The current CEO has bankrupted the company, kick the bum out.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,844,520 times
Quote:
ANY US President should refrain from bowing, kneeling or kissing. Kennedy wouldn't do it, Reagan wouldn't do it... however the last few POTUS seem to think subservience is a skill. The office is jaded and becoming meaningless.

Let me know when it reaches 2-1. If Romney pulls down the independents he'll win. I'm not happy with Romney as a choice, but I'm certain he knows how to manage a corporation unlike Obummer. The US is, for the most part, a corporation. The current CEO has bankrupted the company, kick the bum out.
Au Contraire He needs to be ARRESTED - and face forgery charges!!

Forged Birth Certificate - Forged Selective Service Card - Fake SSN#

Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 PM

371 posts, read 446,652 times
Quote:
I'm not happy with Romney as a choice, but I'm certain he knows how to manage a corporation.... The US is, for the most part, a corporation.
Fire all the government workers and move their jobs off-shore to reduce labor costs?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,366,157 times
He stopped a McCain/Palin presidency and pulled out of Iraq and that is really all I expected him to do.

I'm still probably not voting for him, 99% sure Green Party has my vote

Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,922,080 times
Brown Man Thinking Hard: 100 Accomplishments of President Barack Obama

and to compare; George W. did some good stuff, too.

I Think, Therefore I Rant! » Blog Archive » The 100 accomplishments of the George W. Bush administration

Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 PM

6,380 posts, read 14,684,726 times
Seems even the ardent Obama supporters can't tell what has improved in their life because of Obama policies. Only a couple could make a statement that affected them directly, otherwise it has just been blind supporters parroting the Democratic line.

I was giving Obama Kudos for authorizing the taking out of Bin Ladin, but now it has come to light if it hadn't gone well he was going to blame an Admiral... That is just sad if it's true.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,235,026 times
Obama like Bush and many other u.s preisdents is a mixed bag of beans if you ask me. As and idealist and rationalist I don't agree much on Obama decision making. Howerver you guys should know is that obama is not really calling the shots, other people behind the scene that are causing problems such as Aipac and other special interest groups and corporations like banks etc. You guys should wake up and reject liberalism and conservatism because at the end of the day you guys are really sheep. If Romney wins bankers and special interest groups will Flock to him and use him like a toy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies