Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:03 PM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times

Advertisements

It sounds like at least a manslaughter charge is easily obtainable. Is the shooter actually going to say that he felt threatened by a dog leash? Did he willingly leave his car and engage in an altercation? If he stayed in his car did he really feel threatened? It seems like he was way too eager to shoot.
I'm all for gun ownership and people have the right to carry but that soesn't mean that many gun owners probably shouldn't have guns and shouldn't be carrying them. For their safety as well as others.
You use a gun and you take what comes to you, legally or illegally. Be prepared to have your life turned upside down. But be aware that many more people carry guns so maybe its time to start acting a little more civilly to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,639 times
Again, I hope that the killer is brought to justice. The victim's famlily deserves that.

On another note, some of you are extremely inconsistent. A dog leash is not a threat but fists are? Or was it the bag of skittles? I value human life. I think it is wrong and cowardly to take a life so easily and so carelessly. People need to be punished and these SYG laws were a mistake. As we can see, anyone who gets into a physical confrontation can say that their life was in danger, committ murder and get away with it. It needs to stop.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's pretty obvious that the staunchest "Trayvon" posters don't care about someone being shot by a concealed weapon holder. If they did, they would be all over this case. From the information released it is a far more blatent abuse of SYG laws and self defense rights than the Martin-Zimmerman case.

But, since the target was not black, it seems like his life doesn't matter. Or to be more precise, there is no opportunity to spin this into a "helpless black child gunned down by a white dude" scenario. The fact that he (based on the info provided) did not appear to be an immediate threat to the shooter, and that the shooter has not been charged in a month, and that the shooter's name hasn't been released, doesn't seem to matter.

I don't know, nor particularly care, about the race of the shooter. I'm not sure if it's been released, and it shouldn't matter to anyone...except perhaps racists. (edit to add, I now see that the shooter was a black male. It becomes more apparent why the "Trayvoners" aren't all over this one).

Hopefully someone will get enough pressure applied to the local PD to investingate this case. I'm a strong supporter of concealed carry (and SYG for that matter), but based on what's been released on this case, I can't support the shooter. Maybe with more facts that would be different.

I believe I have commented in this thread and the one about Summer Moody a few times. I feel the same way about all three, none of them deserved to die. So far, no one is sending the shooter hundreds of thousands of dollars or making this about the second amendment. No one is immediately taking his side and unlike the TM incident, most people here seem to agree that there should be an investigation and that the shooter should be charged.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:26 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Default From DP, Dog Pound News

LAVEEN (DP) Police have uncovered more evidence in the Taco Bell shooting investigation in which one man was shot and killed at the scene. Speculation about the shooter and the victim being engaged in a war over who actually eats at Taco Bell has been highly...well...speculated. Yesterday, however, Police Chief Barbrady stated the new evidence shows it was actually a species war between the pets of the alleged shooter and victim.

Police recovered evidence from the alleged shooter's seized computer which reveals a plot of premeditation on the part of the shooter's cat.

"It appears that the grisly scene was planned when a cat, browsing through Twitter, made remarks that the dog considered to be offensive and "specist". The cat, (who will not be named as he is a juvenile), apparently tweeted the yellow lab belonging to the victim and threatened her. We have tested his paws for gun residue and are awaiting the results from the lab."

Excerpts of the account were given to DP News. Warning, the following is for mature audiences only as some subject matter may be objectionable to some viewers:
Quote:

1 mth ago Man I sure hate dogs! What good are they?

1 mth ago They make too much noise, cause too much damage and act like total idiots.

1 mth ago Attention Feline Community: It's time we revolt against all the canines!

1 mth ago @meankitty That's specist! I'm gonna kick your feline ass!

1 mth ago Cats suck!

1 mth ago @innocentyellowlab lolz!! Look everyone, a stupid dog! What're ya gon do about it, idiot dog? I'll puke in your bed, destroy the couches and blame it all on you.

1 mth ago @meankitty Bring it kitty! I'll wipe the floor with you, you useless pile of fur!

1 mth ago @innocentyellowlab Lot of tough talk behind that keyboard, stupid dog. Meet me any time, anywhere! I know what city you live in, I tracked your IP address!

1 mth ago @meankitty LOL! Whatevs! Name the place and time!

1 mth ago @innocentyellowlab Taco Bell, Thursday, 7:30pm! I triple dog dare you, you yellow bellied coward specist!!

1 mth ago @meankitty haha! I'll rip you apart with one canine tooth tied behind my back. You better show up, HAIRBALL!

1 mth ago @innocentyellowlab We'll see who's laughing last, Lassie! I'll take out your owner. You don't have opposable thumbs and will starve to death, suckah!!
The President stated, in a press conference earlier this morning, that he was saddened by the events as that could have been his dog. Police have questioned both animals but at this time, no charges have yet been filed as Police Chief Barbrady has stated he needed to go poopy. Stay tuned for more updates on this harrowing case that has swept the nation.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 PM

78,640 posts, read 60,809,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I believe I have commented in this thread and the one about Summer Moody a few times. I feel the same way about all three, none of them deserved to die. So far, no one is sending the shooter hundreds of thousands of dollars or making this about the second amendment. No one is immediately taking his side and unlike the TM incident, most people here seem to agree that there should be an investigation and that the shooter should be charged.
I would highly urge you to take 15minutes, go back to the original TM thread and scan through the first 30-40 pages or so.

Most people felt there should be more information and it looked bad and should be brought to a grand jury and so forth.

The defenders showed up later....after all the "whites are racist" and "republican" comments had kicked into high gear.

It's all right there in the record. You have an extremely warped view as to how this went down, seriously....go read the thread.

...and now we have the taco bell incident and I've yet to see a bunch of racist garbage directed against the shooter.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM

52,796 posts, read 34,663,914 times
I think I may know why this thread is barely keeping its head above water:

The title has no oomph factor. No offense to the OP but 'vicious black racist guns down mentally disabled Hispanic man - faithful dog stays at his side until the end' - would have this topic rocketing to the top of the page.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,474,695 times
Three Wolves cracked me up with that one

Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Three Wolves cracked me up with that one
Ha! I was entertaining myself because of how ludicrous some things are but I'm glad someone enjoyed it. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,748,919 times
now just imagine?? white man shoots black man with dog leash

Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,317,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
How do we know the driver wasn't "profiling"? He might have been a cat person, just looking to off an innocent dog walker. Maybe a dog crapped in his yard? He needs to be arrested. The AKC should put a bounty of 10,000 dog bones on the murder's head.
Why not go do some research and get back to us.
Speculation and allegations do nothing to open discussion.

But you know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies