Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,577,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
True wisdom is being able to recognize the truth, no matter where it comes from.
Just sayin'.
Perhaps that is what she is doing. Perhaps you should try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 08:15 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,100,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Perhaps that is what she is doing. Perhaps you should try it.
Try following your own advice.
kthnxsbi.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:17 AM

[quote=gizmo980;24025165]
Quote:
1. How do you know that? Speculate much? I don't think Jon Lovitz is on anyone's radar these days, so most of us would be apathetic at best.
Oh, perhaps the posting history, statements made in previous posts and the attitude portrayed in posts.

Ever do any research prior to an attack post?

Quote:
2. Doesn't everyone's comprehension change when you don't like something? I think you get the "no duh" comment award of the year, LOL. And yes, that applies to you perfect conservatives too!

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "comprehension". Not liking something does not mean changing comprehension.

I think you get just the "duh" comment award. Think before posting, it will help you in the future.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
I'm sorry, but no where in my thesaurus does it say that "stonewalling" and blocking (by the Republicans,) are synonyms for "leadership."

Is there a Republican only Thesaurus/Dictionary that was supposed to be bundled with my Bible when I registered my political party?
How about by the democrats? Does it say it there? That is what we presently have.

Perhaps some actual thought instead of merely reading (and not understanding the meaning of) the words of others would help you out.

Oh yes. Broaden you view beyond the Daily Kos and Huffington Post. Get differing views. You may be amazed what you could learn.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That just shows you have a lot of maturing to do, which I would expect from somebody your age. Sure, you are ultimately the only one who can change your "path," but being open to hearing other opinions (and objectively considering them individually) is something you should eventually learn to practice.
So you wish her to "mature" to come to your beliefs. Completely conceited on your part.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,042,435 times
Boy, this liberal democrat is not backing off. Calling him a liar now.

Jon Lovitz | Obama | ******* | The Daily Caller

Quote:
He tweeted, “excuse me… the President is lying… I just pointed it out. It’s not my fault he’s lying.â€

In response to tweets that suggestsed Lovitz made the comments to get higher ratings and attention, he pointed out that he blasted President George W. Bush in the past, and that his comments were made on a comedic podcast.
Of course, the Leftists on Twitter are all over him for this.

I find it satisfying and amusing when those that voted for obama finally see the light. I think they they get so mad about it because they know they were duped, lied to, hoodwinked and bamboozled. I can't imagine they like admitting that.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,643,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
He's still rich? I give him credit for hanging on to and investing his money.

Dude was washed up twenty years ago.
Oh, please. He's a comedian who schtick is to be a jerk. He was funny years ago, and he's funny now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
That was actually pretty funny and yet sad. (lol)
I agree. I don't think I would have found it as funny if Kevin Smith wasn't there with him. But then again I really like Kevin Smith.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 AM

30,438 posts, read 52,091,624 times
Quote:
So you wish her to "mature" to come to your beliefs. Completely conceited on your part.
Where did I say that?? I never said HOW her positions might change in the future, I only said that a sign of maturity is being able to hear other opinions & consider them objectively. I don't give a rat's patooty if she remains a conservative until her last breath, but somebody who's never even considered other perspectives is either immature or stubborn (or both). As you said to me above, try reading before attacking.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Boy, this liberal democrat is not backing off. Calling him a liar now.

Jon Lovitz | Obama | ******* | The Daily Caller

Of course, the Leftists on Twitter are all over him for this.

I find it satisfying and amusing when those that voted for obama finally see the light. I think they they get so mad about it because they know they were duped, lied to, hoodwinked and bamboozled. I can't imagine they like admitting that.
Did Lovitz vote for Obama? I don't know the answer to that, and you probably don't either. But yes, sometimes people later regret voting for a President - Bush (jr) and Clinton, anyone?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Oh, perhaps the posting history, statements made in previous posts and the attitude portrayed in posts.

Ever do any research prior to an attack post?
Wasn't an "attack post," and there's no research possible or necessary to know your comment was pure speculation. You said, and I quote: "And yet, if he had come out in strong support of Obama, you on the left would be lauding him as a progressive pundit." How is that NOT speculation, when Lovitz hasn't yet (or ever?) come out in strong support of Obama? So logic states that if such a situation has not occurred, you have no way of knowing for sure how we'd react... thus, speculation.

Quote:
Perhaps you should look up the definition of "comprehension". Not liking something does not mean changing comprehension.
Perhaps you should learn to read a little better, because I never claimed "not liking something means changing comprehension." Sheesh, do I have to explain every one of my posts to you?

Quote:
I think you get just the "duh" comment award. Think before posting, it will help you in the future.
Right back at'cha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies