Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
You show what kind of person you are with your support of these violent criminals who committed this act.
I never said I support them. They will go to jail for what they did. The ones on here who said Trayvon should have been killed because he was suspended and such are now saying that this guys criminal past is irrelevant. How can his be irrelevant but Trayvon being suspended means so much to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,552,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I never said I support them. They will go to jail for what they did. The ones on here who said Trayvon should have been killed because he was suspended and such are now saying that this guys criminal past is irrelevant. How can his be irrelevant but Trayvon being suspended means so much to them?
Don't remember anyone saying he deserved to be killed because he was suspended from school. I do remember people saying his school record (including being found with a load of women's jewelry and a screwdriver used for burglary) shows that he wasn't the innocent child the press was trying to make him out to be.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,552,507 times
Quote:
Responding to your last statement. Difference is in the Trayvon case, the shooter claims self defense because he was being attacked and the press went out of their way (including selective editing) to make the shooter look like a racist and Trayvon an innocent child by using an old photo of him. And when they used a more recent photo, they photoshopped the image to make him
Lighter and innocent looking. In this case it was 20 armed people attacking one man. If what the neighbor on tv said was true about a knife (doubt it) then they should have called the police. With his record, he'd be in jail. If the kids were playing basketball in the street, then they don't belong on a street impeding traffic. If he used a word they don't like, that still doesn't justify attempted murder by a gang of 20 or more armed people.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
Quote:
The ones on here who said Trayvon should have been killed because he was suspended and such
Nobody on here EVER said that......

Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 PM

43 posts, read 37,791 times
why do white people think all black kids are bad? I don't get it. How bad is a parent who teaches an innocent child to hate people just because. Do they really think it is smart to teach a child in the 21st century to be racist. I don't have a problem with your white mothers, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, or your sisters drolling over my fine brothers. It is to each own. My mother would never had been that stupid to sit down and actually teach her children to hate people. I am serious about this: do white people pray? do they beleive in God? why are they so racist? why do they hate black people so much? was Adam and Eve black people? I don't get it!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,608,743 times
Quote:
Well I could post all day about how terrible black people are and how much I hate them but that job is already taken.
LOL. Good one!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
WHO said this? Back up your ridiculous assertion with some proof.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,608,743 times
For the record, I am not and never will be okay with the beat down that landed Owens in ICU.

I just read the original link. Neighbors say Matthew Owens chased off a group of black kids with kitchen knives after the boys lost a basketball in his sister's yard.

Owens has a very violent past. He had over 10 arrests dating back to 1990. Imo, this was not a black on white crime...It seems this was thugs on thug crime.

Quote:
The Mobile County Metro Jail log shows police have arrested Owens numerous times over the past 12 years for things like domestic violence, assault and sex abuse. His first arrest was November 4, 1990 for assault. The last time officers transported Owens to jail was last March on a domestic violence charge.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
For the record, I am not and never will be okay with the beat down that landed Owens in ICU.

I just read the original link. Neighbors say Matthew Owens chased off a group of black kids with kitchen knives after the boys lost a basketball in his sister's yard.

Owens has a very violent past. He had over 10 arrests dating back to 1990. Imo, this was not a black on white crime...It seems this was thugs on thug crime.
Probably true..but when the words, "justice for trayvon" were uttered, that makes it something worse.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,529,837 times
Now they have Rodney King all over the Internet on how much he was a poor victim of a police beating. Dr. Drew did a really soft ball interview with him. No mention on why he was stopped in the first place by being drunk and driving over 100 in a residential neighborhood. No mention on how many times he has been arrested since from driving drunk to beating his wife to propositioning a transvestite. Really nice guy.

Now they are comparing him to Martin and how similar they are. If there is not more beatings like this one and riots I don't know why not. The media seems to be jacking up the public to do just that. Sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies