Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 02:04 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,600,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Read the full thesis here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Read more: Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide - Jeffrey Ressner - POLITICO.com

and it isn't very good.
So only black people benefit from Affirmative Action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did white people back in the day step up and do anything about mob lynchings in the south? Did they SAY anything about that?

I'm talking the 1920's, 30's, etc.
We all know the relatively recent past...
Whites were intimidated as much as blacks were back in the day, similar to how blacks are intimidated in the hood with gang killings and such today. And believe it or not, there were some white lynchings also. Hatred does not discriminate.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,934,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
So only black people benefit from Affirmative Action?
personally, i don't think anybody benefits from affirmative action.

a society shouldn't promote a less qualified person over a more qualified person ever-you just wind up dumbing down the entire society-and the idea should be to lift everybody up, not drag everybody down.

if i have to go to the doctor, i want the most skilled doctor available, as would everyone else. (and that's not racially based either, i wouldn't want to go to a white woman doctor who got promoted over a more qualified black male doctor, or any other more qualified person).

In Sweden, the Supreme Court has ruled that "affirmative action" ethnic quotas in universities are discrimination and hence unlawful. It said that the requirements for the intake should be the same for all. The Justice Chancellor said that the decision left no room for uncertainty. (wikipedia)

Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,837,936 times
Hate crime? strange term...I thought that all crime spawns from hate...cos' if hate is the opposite to love..those who love to not commit offences against those they care about. HATE crime is such an Orwellian phrase...it insinuates that some crime are legal and other crimes are illegal..If the governmental authorities pass a law that harms the people...it certainly is not done out of love..If someone like the literally heartless Dick Cheney supports an invasion of another nation on the grounds of 'weapons of mass destruction"..........and it is a lie....

Then the loss of life and limb at the great expense too AMERICA and the reluctant host nation Iraq is damaged beyond repair also with the loss of life and limb...it would mean that who ever facilitates such a mess...does not love anyone------------hence it should be a hate crime...but it's not cos' the elite are immune from being accused of hate.

Have you noticed that those without any real power are usually the ones accused of hate crimes?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The KKK hated Republicans, Catholics, Jews and blacks, and thousands of these people were murdered by them, both black and white. So don't act like the lynchings were only against blacks.
Can't believe I'm posting this, anyway.....

Lynching Statistics for 1882-1968

Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
An intelligent answer, but I want exact quotes.

These thugs came to the conclusion all by themselves that beating the snot out of a white man somehow gave Trayvon Martin justice.

Nobody sane (except of course that idiot Spike Lee), incited these morons to attack the man.

This crime is on the people who committed it. NOT President Obama, the Dems., or the Libs, or anybody else sanrene does not hold in esteem.
Had the news media not blown things out of proportion, you would not see any violence and I doubt Obama would have said anything. This is a fact!

Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 AM

People who are so savage and brutal to swarm and beat another human being senseless, have no idea of what justice is or for that matter what injustice is. They use the excuse that some white guy killed a black kid and they parrot the word justice...YET they kill - rob and maim each other..To understand the idea of justice...You have to have the capacity to think..when you are kicking at the head of a human being laying prone and helpless on the ground....well- even animals don't do that...When wolves attack they eat their prey...These actions are sport...simply having some fun killing a human being....If you have a wolf that kills for food..you except that as normal...when a wolf kills for sport- you get rid of it.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
To bad you probably will never shot a " proud African-American Citizen" even with your extra "magizine".
Not looking to shoot anyone, just protecting myself against violence theatened by a certain segment of society

Old 04-25-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Not looking to shoot anyone, just protecting myself against violence theatened by a certain segment of society
The segment of society might just be a white criminal- or a black crook- or many others shades of humanity...Here is what I am wondering, IF an armed white home owner is invaded and threatened by a white criminal...Do the chances of him using his gun increase or decrease - that he will shoot first and ask questions later?

Or has it come to a state when some see black they see red?

Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,520,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Can you give me an indication that Black Americans don't value education?
"Negative messages about the importance of grades and schoolwork aren’t only coming from peers. Many black parents fail to set a high academic bar for their children."

http://www.policy-bridge.org./Policy...%205-11-07.pdf

Obviously, not all, every, 100%. But as the report states, Parents who undervalue education, and a mass media that peppers youth with the quick, shallow rewards of hip-hop lifestyle, are steering alarming numbers of boys down a dead-end path.

When Holder said "we have to have the guts" to talk about race issues, he was right. Too bad in practice talking about them leads to accusations of racism, excuses, and denial of the obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies