Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Speaking of csi, i'm sure if the video of Zimmerman was enhanced you would see the blood on Zimmerman's jacket/shirt. WE NEED TO ENHANCE IT!

Let's Enhance - YouTube
LOL

Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You have far, far too much faith in "witnesses'" accounts, and too little understanding of other types of evidence, like physical evidence and forensics analyses. Btw, if Zimmerman rolled Trayvon "off of him" after the shooting, why was there no blood on Zimmerman's clothes when he entered the police station shortly .
Zimmerman said that he rolled Trayvon off of him? This man is not only not telling the truth but he is dumb.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Zimmerman said that he rolled Trayvon off of him? This man is not only not telling the truth but he is dumb.
I don't know that Zimmerman said that. I think the poster RCCCB said that Zimmerman said that. That's why I put it in quotes.....responding to the other poster RCCCB.

Here's the link to that post:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/24070844-post1395.html

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 04-28-2012 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 04-28-2012, 07:12 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
I don't know that Zimmerman said that. I think the poster RCCCB said that Zimmerman said that. That's why I put it in quotes.....responding to the other poster RCCCB.
Yeah, maybe rolled off of him was not the best term, but witnesses after the shooting said Zimmerman kind of moved him away, rolled him off is either the impression I got or what I read from a while ago; and being he was half knocked out and thought Trayvon could have a gun, he never tried to do CPR (not that I know he was trained for it).

Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Yeah, maybe rolled off of him was not the best term, but witnesses after the shooting said Zimmerman kind of moved him away, rolled him off is either the impression I got or what I read from a while ago; and being he was half knocked out and thought Trayvon could have a gun, he never tried to do CPR (not that I know he was trained for it).
See, eye witnesses can often be unreliable.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Oh great, where is the link to the whole transcript you are reading from?
Thanks!
This is from CNN along with comments. So you need to separate the comments from the actual testimony. Let me know if I missed something. I only was reading the actual testimony, since I can't use my memory to prove what was or wasn't said. I remember when he (the investigator) said there was no evidence showing who started the fight, but I don't remember the investigator saying Zimmerman was not in pursuit of Martin as you claim. I also don't believe that the prosecution wanted to reveal everything during a bond hearing, which is only to determine bail. After all, most people get bail unless they're considered to be flight risks or dangerous.

[url=http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html]CNN.com - Transcripts[/url]
Quote:
See, eye witnesses can often be unreliable.
Exactly! Although this has nothing to do with eyewitness testimony, I worked in retail for several years. Once a sales associate who was 5'4" with dark brown hair helped a man find a chair. He came back a week later and insisted I was the woman who assisted him. She walked out of the back room and said "Hello, how are you today?" He looked at her and said, "That's the lady." I'm 5'6" (and shrinking) and have platinum blonde hair. Go figure.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-28-2012 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: added emoticon. lol

Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
There's no "proof" of this either, just GZ's statement...unless of course you were there and saw GZ walking back to his truck and saw TM confront and attack him....
Its safe to say that if he wasnt on the way to his truck the responding police knew that & it meant nothing.

Quote:
Do you really?!? Why do we even need another hearing or a possible jury trial if you have all the answers? Or did you just make that one up...
We need a trial because of radical racial groups in our country who think no white person, even if he aint white, will ever be justified killing a black man.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Its safe to say that if he wasnt on the way to his truck the responding police knew that & it meant nothing.

We need a trial because of radical racial groups in our country who think no white person, even if he aint white, will ever be justified killing a black man.
Although this certainly has become a big political story, I doubt if that's the reason the victim's parents desperately looked for help when they couldn't get answers to why their unarmed teenager was shot to death while taking a walk. I don't care if he was White with blue eyes, was a cub scout leader and had a scholarship to Harvard. Justice is supposed to be blind. That also means color blind.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Works both ways.

Perhaps Trayvon "profiled" Zimmerman and saw this gun-totin' wannabe and Trayvon realized his only chance of survival was to react in a PROactive manner.

"Situational awareness" - he was being followed by someone he didn't know and who may or may not have shown his gun and Trayvon did what he felt he had to do to defend himself.
If so he was the agressor & the shot justified. Theres a difference between being aware & assaulting people. If Trayvon was aware, and I think he was. He was aware that Zimmerman was on the phone, likely to the police, he was aware that Zimmerman was likely a concerned citizen & he thought he was aware he could teach him a lesson. Or maybe he was aware of nothing & just decided to attack. One also has to wonder why a person being stalked at night didnt call the police himself....

Old 04-28-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Speaking of csi, i'm sure if the video of Zimmerman was enhanced you would see the blood on Zimmerman's jacket/shirt. WE NEED TO ENHANCE IT!

[URL="http://youtu.be/Vxq9yj2pVWk"]Let's Enhance - YouTube[/URL]
Okay, but who tucked his shirt in so neatly? Remember when he got out of the police car in handcuffs and his jacket was unzipped and his shirt was neatly tucked into his pants? Did the friendly officer get into the back of his car to tuck Zimmerman's shirt into his pants? Did Zimmerman wash his hands after the fight? I mean, I saw no blood on his hands, but he claims he had a broken nose and bloody head. Isn't it only natural to put your hand on your head or over your nose and yell "outch?" Maybe the police or EMT cleaned him up, but I hope they took notes when they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies