Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 12:14 PM

639 posts, read 829,952 times

Advertisements

this whole topic is BS, every immigrant group went through the same thing. ("No Irish need apply"). I guess since the Brits shoved English down India's throat, I had the advantage of knowing the language already when I came to USA

Old 04-24-2012, 12:17 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,876,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Who said you could not speak?
You find it disrespectful for people to engage in languages you don't understand. Do you speak Italian and so are okay with it?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:21 PM

639 posts, read 829,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You find it disrespectful for people to engage in languages you don't understand. Do you speak Italian and so are okay with it?
I was referring to the fact that there aren't a lot of Italian speakers in AZ like NYC. not sure if he misunderstood. But back to the main topic, I think its all bs. Every immigrant group has gone through this, now that the economy is bad people are blaming the immigrants again. Honestly, it seems that the OP is not too fond of immigrants, and NYC has always been a port of entry for immigrants, perhaps he/she should move further into the interior of this country

Old 04-24-2012, 12:30 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,213,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
this whole topic is BS, every immigrant group went through the same thing. ("No Irish need apply"). I guess since the Brits shoved English down India's throat, I had the advantage of knowing the language already when I came to USA
Hispanics and blacks are easy targets because they tend to stick out generations later. In a few generations you cannot distinguish most European nationalities from one another. So I'm sure NYC has no problem with them. It is only them damn dirty illegal hispanics that has him worked up, and you might as well hate all of them, legal or illegal, just to be safe. Who cares if their family might have been here before here was a country. They're not like us, so let's blame all social ills on them and talk about making them leave.

Last edited by buzzards27; 04-24-2012 at 12:47 PM..

Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM

160 posts, read 311,845 times
I have some shocking news for you fellows, 5th & 6th generation Italian-Americans continue to fly a foreign flag in America. I have photographic proof that MTV's very own DJ Pauly D has not assimilated, he even refers to himself as...get this...Italian --->

Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,213,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
I was referring to the fact that there aren't a lot of Italian speakers in AZ like NYC. not sure if he misunderstood. But back to the main topic, I think its all bs. Every immigrant group has gone through this, now that the economy is bad people are blaming the immigrants again. Honestly, it seems that the OP is not too fond of immigrants, and NYC has always been a port of entry for immigrants, perhaps he/she should move further into the interior of this country
Or maybe NYC should consider moving back to his homeland, then all this 'i hate living in a melting pot' nonsense will go away. If they're the one upset with this society doesn't stand to reason that they're the one that should leave instead of expecting tens of millions to leave????

Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,685,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Would you speak to me in Italian?

In a group setting where most people speak English & some speak English & Italian. Would you speak Italian or English?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,685,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Hispanics and blacks are easy targets because they tend to stick out generations later. In a few generations you cannot distinguish most European nationalities from one another. So I'm sure NYC has no problem with them. It is only them damn dirty illegal hispanics that has him worked up, and you might as well hate all of them, legal or illegal, just to be safe. Who cares if their family might have been here before here was a country. They're not like us, so let's blame all social ills on them and talk about making them leave.
Blacks don't speak Spanish & are from this country.

Quote:
It is only them damn dirty illegal hispanics
This is not an illegal immigration forum.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:20 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,320,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I guess the only way to "asssimilate" is to become greedy Konservatives like the deep sputh.
Or be willing to kiss their rear ends while they still discriminate and ostracize you.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,320,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Explain.
You post and thread topics speak for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.