Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of President Barrack Obama's Job of the last 3 1/2 years??
Yes, I approve 54 34.18%
No, I don't approve 102 64.56%
I don't care 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,003,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He's been great at talking....

Not sure how hard that is...I guess it's pretty tough.
I think the thing he handled best was bowling (sar). If I recall correctly, he got a 48, and than insulted the Special Olympics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,562,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
"Government run healthcare". You mean the healthcare from PRIVATE INSURANCE CORPORATIONS? Thats your "ZOMG GOVERMENT TAKEOVER!!1!"?
That comes from the fact that his Obamacare requires people to buy health insurance which is an extreme stretch of the general welfare clause and power that only the state governments truly have. That is the major issue for a lot of people about Obamacare.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So you're saying McCain, who was out of touch from the economy, was a better candidate to tackle the problems left by Bush better than Obama?
Both were out of touch when it comes to economics and several economists stated that the country wouldn't improve much at all economically under either of them...what do you know they also happened to be right as well.

Quote:
By supporting McCain you would be supporting an additional war in Iran,
That is still a very real possibility under Obama.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I am among the very few that said "I don't care." And that's because there were no options other than approve or disapprove.

One of the main things that people seem to overlook is that the seeds for problems were planted before Obama took office. (That election was challenging: a "tax and spend liberal"...or Sarah Palin anywhere near the White House). Back to the train of thought, the collapse of GM and Wamu happened VERY soon after he took office. The election took place in Nov 2008 and he started "work" in January 2009. And it's all his fault? He inherited an unprecedented bill of goods, save what FDR inherited.
He got on national television and claimed after being in the white house that the economy was his now. That "the buck stops with him" he has also had over three years in office and quite frankly whether you loved or hated bush I really don't believe Obama has done better then if Bush was still in office and that is saying a lot about how terrible Obama has been at running this country and contributing to the lack of unity in the nation. Bush was horrible but then so is Obama as well.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,864,436 times
Obama inherited a bad economy from George Bush.

It is not Obama's fault he is a bad president!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,987,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you are talking about what our country was becoming under the Bush's with considerable aid from Clinton, I sincerely hope to destroy as much of that evil as possible. The country I want to see will not be dominated by a perverted form of crony capitalism being financed by debt to pay for a bloated military engaged in thuggish terror for the Big Oil, the World Bank and the IMF. I want a country where we have Equal Opportunity and “Liberty and Justice for All.” I want a country where the same Law applies to all and not one Law for the us and no Law for the very wealthy.

This is far likelier with President Obama than with any Republican.
I'm not voting in the poll, I have my crystal ball and can see the votes from the contributors of the thread

Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,638,378 times
No.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 AM

867 posts, read 499,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I don't approve because he is too conservative. I honestly don't see much difference vs W from him.
Honestly????? Bravo Sierra, pure and simple BS..

Old 04-12-2012, 03:51 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,522,967 times
Listening to him speak is strangely surreal. It seems sort of Orwellian or Kafkaesque.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:11 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,486,094 times
Could have kept dumb dubs and it would have been the same. Just another clueless azzwipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies