Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,955,195 times

Advertisements

The only recorded time that Jesus used violence was against the Money Changers at the Temple. Jesus worked with lepers. I'm pretty sure "Occupy Protestors that need to take a bath" would be his modern day followers.

The Fox "News" RWNJ's on this thread that are anything but Christlike are useful idiots for The Federal Reserve and International Banksters-Nothing more. Condemning the Occupy protestors for the actions of a few while ignoring the fraud and corruption commited on a global scale. Sad, really.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 04-09-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,095,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
[MOD CUT]

Would Jesus Occupy? | Common Dreams

Conservatives have far more in common with the money changers in the temple than those who followed Christ.
Jesus pretty well laid it out about the rich and where their rewards were and were not depending on what they did with their wealth....I am not sure he would be an OWS dude,but the rich who continue to take from the poor would not be on his list of friends imho.

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil(ie:Bankers,WS freaks,CEOs etc)...having money and using it for good as well as yourself is not a sin.
JMO and these views are my own,Jesus did not endorse this message

Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,834,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The only recorded time that Jesus used violence was against the Money Changers at the Temple.

The Fox "News" RWNJ's on this thread that are anything but Christlike are useful idiots for The Federal Reserve and International Banksters-Nothing more. Condemning the Occupy protestors for the actions of a few while ignoring the fraud and corruption commited on a global scale. Sad, really.
Once in a while they will sacrifice one of their own...and toss one into the fire of public pacification. Just to give the false impression that they are concerned with the concepts of justice and fair play...I would hate to be a millionaire and have my friends say...."Bernie...take one for the team..we are sending you to jail for 20 years"

Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,004,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I believe so, and I'm the last person in the world you would consider a religious fanatic. Spiritual beliefs and God...yes. Religion. NO. Religion, IMO is a manmade construct created and designed to manipulate & control the masses.

But to answer the question ? I don't think Jesus would need to occupy because he wouldn't have put up with the situation of the banks running the world in the first place.

See usury, in the bible.

Damn, you sound like me!

Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,955,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Once in a while they will sacrifice one of their own...and toss one into the fire of public pacification. Just to give the false impression that they are concerned with the concepts of justice and fair play...I would hate to be a millionaire and have my friends say...."Bernie...take one for the team..we are sending you to jail for 20 years"
LOL. I wonder if Jesus would approve of "Too Big to Fail Banks", CEO Bonuses paid by taxpayers, Bailouts and Corporate Welfare? Wait, I already know the answer that will come from the disillusioned and hypocritical RWNJ's.

"These Banks are simply well run businesses that conduct themselves in an exemplary way and they deserve all the profit they garnish from charging a 25% interest rate on credit cards mass-mailed out to low-income households backed by free (and worthless) money issued at 0% interest rates from The Federal Reserve. The Bailouts and Corporate Welfare are needed mechanisms to ensure the stability of our economy. CEO Bonuses paid by taxpayers are needed rewards for a job well done. What incentive will CEO's have to be moral if they aren't rewarded fairly? Poor people would probably just spend the money on drugs and alcohol and like food anyway. Besides, what good is a consumer based economy without debt-slaves".

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 04-09-2012 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: more hyperbole lol

Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
For the person who "rept" me for this post, with the comment, "lol you are such an idiot" : Thank you, but I think I know who the real idiot is.

That you, O'Danny?

Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 AM

He would have walked in --- and looked around and been patient..knowing...These guys are going to destroy themselves anyway...just have to wait...The more energy you put into complaining about "banksters"---- the more power you give them...These billionaires want to be noticed and actually feel more important when viewed as bad ass guys....They also like it when you fear them and their treachery...I say ignore them.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Actions of a few?" Most of the protests were rowdy, filthy, and disrespectful of public and private property. They shut down businesses, costing people thousands. Closed the Port of Oakland one day, causing port workers to lose a days pay.

And you are wrong about '08. It had little to do with that, and everyting to do with the mortgage crisis caused by Democrat policies that led to "sub-prime" mortgages.
The lack of regulation and push to get mortgages for those not qualified is a part of the equation. The fact that the GSE's where also falsely reporting their accounting and then using his risk mortgages as an investment tool is their own fault.

They had a minimum level of sub-prime mortgages they had to maintain yet got greedy and it ended up biting all of us in the arse.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Greedy and Unregulated?

It damn sure was our beloved government that caused it...forcing banks to give home loans to americans that they knew damn well couldn't pay it back, especially if they couldn't sell there home for a profit or even break even.

Forcing banks to loan money drove up the cost of housing to incredible new levels, and the bottom gave out. Barney Frank and company should be in prison. Funny that all the people that warned of the impending doom where chastised as idiots, and now we have what we have today...congratulations.

Our own damn government needs to be regulated sir, not the private citizens!
Couldn't agree more. You are 100% correct.

But the left simply cannot face the fact that their policies, their "caring" desire for everybody to own a home (it's a "right", you know) is the primary cause. They will blame everything but their liberal policies.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL. I wonder if Jesus would approve of "Too Big to Fail Banks" or Corporate Bailouts and Welfare? Wait, I already know the answer that will come from the disillusioned and hypocritical RWNJ's.

"These Banks are simply well run businesses that conduct themselves in an exemplary way and they deserve all the profit that they garnish from charging a 25% interest rate on credit cards mass-mailed out to low-income households backed by free (and worthless) money at 0% interest rates from The Federal Reserve. The Bailouts and Corporate Welfare are needed mechanisms to ensure the stability of our economy. Poor people would probably just spend the money on drugs and alcohol anyway. Besides, what good is a consumer based economy without debt-slaves".
Just because you have managed to weasil a lot of money into a big pile does not mean that you are entitled..to every pile of cash...These overly rich guys have this idea that if they have the bulk of the cash - that the rest also belongs to them...or at least should belong to them.

This is the problem with our system..That those who make gathering money into big piles the only purpose for existence.....

Like my utility company..who think they can steal from me because they are so big...It used to be they would charge you for electricity...and you would pay just that.....

Now...they have all these imaginative charges....bird sits on wire and shorts out for a second...2 dollars lost in transmission fee...YOU PAY IT.....

"Debt retirement' - 20 bucks...YOU PAY IT...but no one tells you how much the debt is....or when they expect it to be paid off....the debt is eternal...

Lastly...you are late with your payment........................a fine of 100 bucks......

I used 60 dollars of power and my bill says 500 dollars owing?

AND that smiling contractor that came to the door and left a red card saying we are going to cut off your power....He wants 200 bucks for dropping off a piece of red card board with a threat on it.

This is what we allow...and submit too....If I owe you 60 bucks I will pay you 60 bucks.....why do you get a 440 dollar bonus just for being a bully...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies