Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM

994 posts, read 729,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Conversely, isn't it funny how the right is now depending upon those so-called "activist judges" they persistently wail about to accomplish what they couldn't do through Congress?

Activist judges used to = BAD. Now, they = GOOD.
There are no conservative activist judges. The very concept is an oxymoron. Conservatism and originalism go hand in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,566,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What President Obama appointed were Assistant to the President and Aides that have an unofficial title of "czar". This is nothing new. President Reagan had a Drug Czar. Czars are members of the Executive branch. None of those people overturn Congressional acts.

Let it be known that most presidents have disagreements with the courts. Notably was Andrew Jackson, who heard a SCOTUS ruling and told them to o enforce it.
"Czars" is a media label, latched on to by the right wing as a talking point to reinforce their "Obama is a Communist Dictator" narrative.

They are nothing more then Presidential aides and advisers and every President has MANY of them.

FactCheck.org : Czar Search

Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,755,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Conversely, isn't it funny how the right is now depending upon those so-called "activist judges" they persistently wail about to accomplish what they couldn't do through Congress?

Activist judges used to = BAD. Now, they = GOOD.
Adherence to the US Constitution is not activism.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,684,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
YES! Woo hoo the 5th. Circuit, isn't it? Is not intimidated by the communists and are so dang well, actually brave! They are truly serving our nation and a blessing, right now.
I missed this??????? What is there to 'Cheer' about? Please fill me in?

Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,979,546 times
Is there any end to the arrogance and disrespect to the constitution and the laws of this country that this president will not stoop too? THis man is dispicable and has to GO!!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:43 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,342,322 times
Every once i a while a politcains say things o the cuff that are really out i=ni left field. Obama has done it alot lately and they need to scripe him. He is not the great speak off the cufff that is for sure. He seems to make a habit of making groups who disagree with him the new evil empires. He out Nixion' nixon in enemy listings.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,548,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama's ego is like a dictator's .. he really thinks he has no boundaries and Obama thinks he is always right. Obama instead of working on the issues that are at hand took his own path with Obamacare. Obama wants to take over every facet of our country . Energy, healthcare, and take over the Constitution and the Supreme 'Court.

I remember another mad man that was elected and lied to the people.. his charisma was his tool to the masses and they gladly kept him in power. His ego was so big he wanted to take over the world. He didn't succeed.

Your so right, his ego, is as big as his head. If these are not the actions of a dictator, what the hell do you call them then. What a bully he is.

He thinks he is the queen bee, sort to speak, even my democratic friends after this said so. Where he himself is concern only, of course there should be no boundaries, of course! So many are over him, and his agenda to take over every facet of this Country.
Don't know how those that voted for him the first time, can now give him the benefit of the doubt, he does not deserve it, i have my opinions, you can have your own.
There is a terrible problem when one man, thinks he is always right?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,054,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Lochner v. New York was about a New York labor law; it wasn't even a Federal case.
It was, however, ruled on by the U.S supreme court, and the basis of the ruling was the 14th amendment to the federal constitution.

The states generally have broader powers than the federal government (well, on paper), because they have a general police power, whereas the federal government only has its enumerated powers.

So I suppose if the state can't do it, odds are the federal government can't - unless via said enumerated powers...

...Then again, states can regulate labor, there are just limits imposed on that regulation... So, my conclusion is this - who the hell knows.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,550,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I missed this??????? What is there to 'Cheer' about? Please fill me in?

Appeals court fires back at Obama's comments on health care case - Crossroads - CBS News

Judges Order Justice Department To Clarify Obama Remarks On Health Law Case | Fox News

Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,684,341 times

Very clear! BO is attempting strip the power of/From the U.S. JUDICIAL BODY, and deem it null and void!

Isn't that how you see it, SunnySee?

Last edited by quality guy; 04-04-2012 at 07:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies