Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:39 PM

14,012 posts, read 14,998,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Americans, especially American men, have various macho insecurity complexes. They strut around and try to be so manly, but they often appear as bizarre caricatures, more like little boys.
Generally, Americans believe in guns, fists, and that violence solves all conflicts. There also might be good reason that Americans like to go to war, although few will admit it.
Fear of showing emotions is an American trait. In recent years, however, less Americans fear to show their hatred for others.
Yes Europeans are so peaceful, just ask the IRA.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Please don't take what I'm about to say personally. I'm playing devil's advocate here. What if I were to claim that as a people Germans tend to be strict, cold and domineering? Furthermore, what if I were to claim that most Germans possess a latent prejudice and animosity toward non-ethnic Germans. Would you say that these perceptions are valid?
Indeed, Germans are certainly somewhat colder and stricter than, say, Brazilians. I have no problem accepting that...

487 posts, read 382,669 times
Quote:
Americans, especially American men, have various macho insecurity complexes. They strut around and try to be so manly, but they often appear as bizarre caricatures, more like little boys.
Generally, Americans believe in guns, fists, and that violence solves all conflicts. There also might be good reason that Americans like to go to war, although few will admit it.
Fear of showing emotions is an American trait. In recent years, however, less Americans fear to show their hatred for others.
Please tell me that you are an American yourself or that you have actually met an American who believes that "guns, fists and violence solves all conflicts". I f you have, I would say that you are associating with the wrong kind of people.

By the way, do you hate Americans?

4,042 posts, read 3,528,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I'm sorry.
This is wrong on so many counts.
It is confrontational and has a spin on a religion that is not universally believed, by a long shot.
Please don't take this as a typical example of US thinking.
It is shameful.
Gee, I'm sorry, too but you are mistakened on several counts, here.
I am not a universalist. I am an American and Cherokee.
Reality is what it is.
This is very common US thinking because the subversives have not succeeded in brainwashing the majority of us, not yet anyway.

Americans....the heart and soul of our nation....

I Am America - YouTube

Old 03-31-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Indeed, Germans are certainly somewhat colder and stricter than, say, Brazilians. I have no problem accepting that...
And the latter stereotype I mentioned?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
And the latter stereotype I mentioned?
Had to look up what exactly it means. To a certain extent they probably are.
Just because stereotypes are not always positive or pc, doesn't mean there is nothing to them.
Anyway, this thread is not about Germans. Feel free to open a thread on them if you feel like it

Old 03-31-2012, 03:48 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
Quote:
Please tell me that you are an American yourself or that you have actually met an American who believes that "guns, fists and violence solves all conflicts". I f you have, I would say that you are associating with the wrong kind of people.

By the way, do you hate Americans?
American policies (bomb 'em) American TV, American movies, American video games...violence up the ying-yang. Apparently Americans can't can't enough violence.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
American policies (bomb 'em) American TV, American movies, American video games...violence up the ying-yang. Apparently Americans can't can't enough violence.
Europeans (and people all over the world) have no problem buying our products.. I'm sure if europeans had better actors and higher quality products we'd see it from them too.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Europeans (and people all over the world) have no problem buying our products.. I'm sure if europeans had better actors and higher quality products we'd see it from them too.
We have great actors, but for the most part we don't speak English in our movies, nor do we make the sheer mass of movies Hollywood can afford to make, so you are rather unlikely to see non-American movies.
Watch a typical French or Portuguese movie, though, and you will notice the difference.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
So you've never met an American? Hmm...

I'm an American. Evidently, you consider me to be a violent, hateful person. I find that offensive. Although, if you had to choose, which one of us is currently being the more hateful and bigoted person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies