Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:31 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
First let me say that this killing was wrong. An innocent HUMAN was killed. To me, I am offended when the media, time and time again point out that Martin is black. Not because I am white, but because he was an innocent human being killed for no reason. Zimmerman commited a crime against a human, the black race and the white race. The white race because now the hatred against whites has grown. This is just the thing I am trying to teach my children to fight against. There is no color, just human beings trying to survive.
Absolutely agree.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post

What is known so far:
911 dispatcher tells Zimmerman not to pursue
Zimmerman pursues anyway
Yes, those are some the facts that you have cherry picked. You choose to ignore many others.

Quote:
Zimmerman confronts and murders an unarmed child
We don't know that, do we. That's your conclusion based on no facts. And I would hardly call him a child.

Quote:
He is not arrested by local law enforcement
Local police chief steps aside
The Feds step in to investigate
Yes, a few more facts.

Quote:
Everyone is in an uproar except the racists.
Actually it's the racists like Jackson and Obama who are in the uproar. Many of us are content to let justice take it's course and form our opinions AFTER we learn the facts. Others, like you, prefer to ignore some of the facts like the injury on the back of Zimmerman's head.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:33 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
First let me say that this killing was wrong. An innocent HUMAN was killed. To me, I am offended when the media, time and time again point out that Martin is black. Not because I am white, but because he was an innocent human being killed for no reason. Zimmerman commited a crime against a human, the black race and the white race. The white race because now the hatred against whites has grown. This is just the thing I am trying to teach my children to fight against. There is no color, just human beings trying to survive.
I disagree. Any blacks that use this as an excuse to hate whites, hated them anyway. If anything, we are upset at the PD for doing a shoddy investigation.

This is what folks fail to get. While the death of Trayvon is tragic, we don't know the facts of what happened. What we DO know is that the Sanford PD did shoddy work and even attempted to change the testimony of a witness. THAT is where the outrage kicks in. Our "beef" is with the PD and the DA, NOT with white people.

And Trayvon's race is important because he was racially profiled. Not saying it wasn't justified and/or realistic, but the truth is what it is...and sometimes, it's ugly.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, those are some the facts that you have cherry picked. You choose to ignore many others.

We don't know that, do we. That's your conclusion based on no facts. And I would hardly call him a child.

Yes, a few more facts.

Actually it's the racists like Jackson and Obama who are in the uproar. Many of us are content to let justice take it's course and form our opinions AFTER we learn the facts. Others, like you, prefer to ignore some of the facts like the injury on the back of Zimmerman's head.
Like I said, you've already figured out that Zimmerman is the victim here.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
What if Trayvon Had Been White, and the Shooter Black?

Obama would not have been able to grandstand.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times
And for people wondering why they haven't brought a case against Zimmerman yet, please remember that there's no statute of limitations on the crime of murder. You have a bunch of smart, geeky lawyers in the DOJ Civil Rights Division building their case right now. And once the Feds have said they have a case, you might as well just sign a plea agreement. Their conviction rate is something like 98.2 percent LOL.

Al Capone couldn't beat them.

Martha Stewart couldn't beat them.

If it goes federal (I doubt it), he's as good as incarcerated. Even if it doesn't, Holder will provide federal assistance to help Florida win the case.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

This is another Tawana Brawley case in which a black person is a "victim" of a crime, while in fact they were the perpetrator of the crime.

Obama has helped to fuel the race baiting in this case, which is a pretty clear cut case of a thug who was killed in self defense. Had it been a white kid killed by a black man, it would not have even made the news and would have been considered "buisness as usual".

If there was any question of self defense, of course they would have arrested the guy. The fact that they did not arrest him demonstrates that the police are essentially 100% sure that the shooting was in self defense. Would you expect to be arrested for shooting someone trying to kill YOU?

" which is a pretty clear cut case of a thug who was killed in self defense".

How is this clear? The investigation is not even over. YOU ARE A BIGOT!

"There is no excuse for ignorance"

Old 03-26-2012, 10:41 AM

7,508 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
If the shooting were opposite trayvon would be in jail already and you know it. While i can't say he's guilty for sure, the fact sure point to that. So unless they have some hard proof that the boy pulled out a weapon he had no right to kill the kid.
Facts? You haven't even heard the grand jury testimony yet? If your basing the "facts" on media reports your probably using them to justify your personal feelings which is what starts these "racial" battles to begin with. I'm done reading this post already.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
this is not about hating whites at all.
it is about a mother standing up for
her son trayvon martin and seeking
justice for his killing. don't disrespect
her because she has black america
supporting her along with a lot of
other people, including just about
the whole city of sanford, fl.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
The only questions here should be.............
Why did Zimmermam follow Trayvon when told NOT to?
Why did Zimmermam leave his vehicle and NOT wait to meet the arriving police officers as he was asked to?
Why did Zimmerman feel it necessary to pull a gun on a unarmed youth that he was fighting with?
Why did Zimmermam shoot a unarmed youth?
Answer these questions before claiming that you felt threatened Zimmerman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies