Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,079,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

White Hispanic

White African American

White Asian

Yum. (Oh yeah, mix me up some of that!)
WOW - you practically made my heart stop with this post!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 AM

38,655 posts, read 26,464,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
With this new term should "white" be capitalized along with Hispanic?

Well, let's see...Hispanic, Asian, African-American, Native-American, White.

Seems fine to me, but someone's gonna say it looks kinda racist sitting there acting like its better than all the others.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,625,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
you all are just now realizing that hispanics can be black/white/indian/mixed/etc?
Apparently.

I worked for gallop poll several years ago and after asking the question (can't remember which one), they had me asking if the recipient was black, white, hispanic. If they said hispanic, I was to ask if they were black hispanic or white hispanic. That was new to me back then too. One caller was confused as I was. When I asked him, he just kept saying hispanic. It's like he didn't want to say white hispanic and definitely didn't want to say black hispanic. So he stuck with hispanic.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:04 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,595,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Pictures of random black guys have changed your opinion? Okay then....
The little innocent looking kid, turns out to be a 6'3 gangster wannabe. Zimmerman was getting beatup by this punk. That is why he didn't get arrested. The truth will come out, wait for it, before you take to the streets and start burning your neighborhoods with Sharpton leading the way.
Never heard a word about the little white boy set on fire by 2 black juveniles, wonder why that is.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:05 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,045,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think this is the first time I've come across the term in a reputable news service. I wonder if from here on out we will have qualifiers to Hispanic.

Joe Oliver, George Zimmerman's Friend, Defends Shooter In Trayvon Martin Case
Hispanics come in all colors. Espec in fla, there are many black hispanics. George zimmerman is a white of Hispanic origins, perhaps a little german mixed up in there, judging by his name..

Old 03-26-2012, 12:09 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,079,519 times
White was still defined as a color last time I checked the dictionary - and supposedly we are all descended from some chick who lived in Africa. I am "white". Can I describe myself as a person of color and an African-American?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,799,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The racial profiling isn't about the shooter, it's about the victim. People keep forgetting that Trayvor Martin is the victim.
A victim who has his side of the story who has been silenced and cannot speak for himself.

Why don't people take a time out and look at the bigger picture. Take the color of skin out of the equation and look at the events, as they have been put forward in the media - especially the 911 tapes. It will still boil down to the fact that a young boy was murdered.

The united public outcry is coming from many races. What the public wants to see is justice served. Let a court and jury decide if the killing of Trayvon Martin was justified or not. Let Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman have their day in court.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,892,256 times
He is actually half Jewish,not Italian.

I have asked this question before,are Jews considered white,of the caucasian race?

Even if he is half Jewish,half Peruvian, he still would be considered hispanic.
Jewish ancestry is inherited through Mom and not Dad,so by defalut he is considered Peruvian.

Just as confused,sorry.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,892,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
To a black, anyone who is not black is white even if they are a very dark black Indian.
Its actually the opposite,whites think anyone who has darker skin is not white when that's not true either.
Austalian aborigines are considered to be Caucasian,white, and have very dark skin.
Besides,most people who are dark Indians don't like being called black anyway.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,493,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Hispanics come in all colors. Espec in fla, there are many black hispanics. George zimmerman is a white of Hispanic origins, perhaps a little german mixed up in there, judging by his name..
He looks more like an Amerindian or Mestizo. If this event hadn't transpired he would be considered a "person of color". Not "white".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies