Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM

32,151 posts, read 34,822,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
From what I gathered the Sanford police department didn't disclose any of that information. I don't know claim to know anything about law enforcement so I don't know if that was their job or the job of the coroner but the family's lawyer wanted to know why they don't have that information...the only thing I can guess is because they didn't do it? In cases like these don't the lawyers have access to all of the evidence?
They say the autospy report is under seal until the investigation is complete.

Trayvon Martin case: What does the autopsy show? - latimes.com

Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,583,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I see we can talk about Martin but when I make a thread asking why is a 28 year old Zimmerman living off mommy and daddy still living at home I am told "oh that doesn't matter"

Exactly as suspected.

Because Obama can't balance a checkbook and is killing job creation.
Three in 10 young adults live with parents, highest level since 1950s - CSMonitor.com

He was serving his community, which is more than most are doing

Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
BTW, if he was that close why did'nt he shoot him in the leg or arm? I suspect by not having a witness may have played a big part in that chioce
We don't know. Maybe he intended to but he was just a lousy shot (he was lousy at many things, apparently, so that wouldn't be much of a surprise). But even that is stretching it. Once you've pulled out a gun, what exactly are you afraid of?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,374,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The NRA are backing the law so that people will continue to buy guns which in turn pays the republicans to support the law and therefore pushes the buttons of the ignorant. That is the political part of it!
There's nothing wrong with the law if it's used for it's intended purpose. If your life is TRULY in danger, you have a right to survive, and a right to not being jailed or sued for doing so. If you instigate a fight and then shoot someone, the law shouldn't cover you. The questions in the case that need to be answered to know if the SYG laws cover Zimmerman are

1) who initiated the attack

2) did Zimmerman have a legitimate reason to think his life was in danger

Old 03-27-2012, 01:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Registered Dem Killed Trayvon | Washington Free Beacon

Registered Dem Killed Trayvon

Old 03-27-2012, 01:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,583,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
And a screwdriver isn't a "burgarly tool".

It's idiotic to jump to that conclusion.
You think they use their fingernails to pry windows open?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

Because Obama can't balance a checkbook and is killing job creation.
Three in 10 young adults live with parents, highest level since 1950s - CSMonitor.com

He was serving his community, which is more than most are doing

Do you see how we went from increasing job losses under GWB to positive job gains under BHO?

13,221 posts, read 12,343,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
If that is the case than the girlfriends testimony that she advised Travon to run, when he said he thought he was being followed , and he responded he would just walk fast. Must be fabricated. He clearly could have outrun the overweight Zimmerman. Not to mention he could be safe at home before Zimerman caught his breath. The bottom line is there is a lot of speculation that Zimerman was out of his truck and following the 6’2” high school football player, before he lost him. Are you saying that Zimmerman ran him down with his truck? Do you have proof of this? To all accounts if he thought he was in any danger, he could have been home in literally seconds. It doesn’t pass the smell test with me.

What would you be willing to wager that a 17 year old high school football player over 6 foot tall in prime condition cannot out run an over weight pencil pusher?

In MHO I would be willing to wager that young Travon could have outrun the truck in that neighborhood considering that he could cut through the houses. I further would be willing to wager the farm on Travon outrunning Zimmerman in any situation you can possibly devise. I will further risk it all that young Travon could maintain any distance he so chose in a confrontation with Zimmerman.

I cannot imagine a situation where Zimmerman could get his hands on Young Travon without Travon making contact. At all times Travon could have just gone home. Told his father and let him deal with it. Remember if the MSM is to believed the young man just wanted to buy some skittles for his little brother and bring them home.

In addition there is something else that has bothered me. Why was his father searching the bushes in the area after the incident?

Listen to what you are saying. Why should Trayvon be running from anyone in the first place in the rain with a bottle of Ice Tea and a wet hoodie? Why should this fat guy be chasing him in the first place? Think about this (if you can) you are in a strange neighborhood and some guy is following you in the dark and rain. What would you do stop and have a conversation with him? He proably walked faster and than thought about it a faced him, wait a minute is'nt that what the stand your ground is for?

20,733 posts, read 19,405,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
and using your logic then Zimmerman has a FACTUAL KNOWN history of violence. Zimmerman assaulted a police officer. Arrested for Domestic Violence. Zimmerman has a record, Tryvon does not. Your point again was?

Actually Martin does have a record. However weed in a bag or Zimmerman not listening to the dispatcher has nothing to do with what happened. If Zimmerman attacked Martin, its murder. If Zimmerman shot him for a few punches, its excessive force in response. If Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head into pavement and going for the gun, then the rest doesn't matter, Martin killed himself. That's it.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:32 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,381,771 times
More evidence that the Sanford police are worse than worthless. As a matter of fact, Zimmerman looks like Magnum PI compared to these jerks.

Quote:
A police cruiser began following Jess' silver-gray 1996 Mercedes. Two unmarked police cars blocked the road in front of him, forcing Jess into a Pizza Hut parking lot. An officer got out of a van and pointed a video camera at the bewildered Jess as another officer, his hand on his gun, approached the car.

Jess asked the officer why he had been stopped. "He said, 'We've had a lot of reports of these kinds of cars being stolen lately,' " said Jess, a black Sanford resident and business owner whose voice still shakes with rage.
One night, Jackson said, he was followed all the way to his driveway by police, who trailed him from his church where he had helped clean up after a fish sale. In another incident, he said, police blocked the road in front of him and told him to "shut up" when he asked why he was being stopped.
Robin Riggins, who is black, recalled an encounter five years ago, when a police cruiser began trailing her one night, cutting off a truck to prevent it from getting between Riggins' vehicle and the police car. "He was just really threatening me at the time," Riggins said of the officer, whom she described as approaching her with his hand on his gun. "I asked him to please calm down and step away from the car."

The reason for the pullover was an alleged tag violation. When Riggins complained to police later about what she considered racial profiling, she was told it could not have been racial profiling because her car's windows were tinted and the police couldn't see that she was black.

"My windows were not tinted then, and they're not tinted now," Riggins said.
Blacks in Sanford, Fla., say they've long been harassed by police - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies