Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,338,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
So the idiot on the motorcycle going around shooting people ended up being Muslim. It only adds fuel to the fire of extreme right wingers in Europe who feel that Europe is being invaded by Muslims. Could we possibly see concentration camps again, or a possible "great purge" in our lifetime? What a tragedy it would be for everyone. I really do think Europe is at the breaking point, it is only a matter of time before they will no longer accept non-western traditions in their society. If you think the US has it bad with illegal immigration, you've obviously not been to Europe in the past 10 years.
I find your post about firing up extreme right wingers to be offensive and ignorant.

#1 The west has had a long standing problem with Muslim populations when they have grown beyond a small percentage of the population and have formed their own neighborhoods.

#2 The western women raped, attacked and the non-Muslims attacked for not being Muslims in their own country has also been a big problem.

#3 Remember all the cars set fire in Europe as well.

Europeans have had a hard time dealing with immigrant Muslims because they are extreme as you put it and don't seem to assimilate so well with the western cultures.

Here in the United States they are NOT in populations the size they are in Europe and I believe that is the MAIN reason we don't have that much trouble yet.
Also in the United States we are allowed to bare arms. Also a deterrent to people who might consider raping a sister or mother and setting cars on fire IMO.

There seems to be acceptable behavior UNTIL the rise in populations and isolation into their own neighborhoods. That IMO is the issue, not this crazy guy alone.

It is something to be thinking about as the west allows Muslims to immigrate. If it does get to be a bad problem I would expect the individual countries to deal with the problem. To me that is reasonable and not EXTREME.

Are there people on this thread and in this world that think dealing with the issue is a major concern that needs to be dealt with yesterday? Depending on where they live and what is happening, sure.

This is more an issue of common sense and less about what you called firing up extremist IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,586,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
Christians and Muslims are very militant and intolerant. Obviously the Muslims take it further. But its not like Jews and Hindus go door knocking or try to convert people
Not all Christian sects proselytize.

The cultish ones recruit.

Frankly I always thought it was offensive for someone to go door to door passing out leaflets, those sects are basically cults of personality more than anything else. And that's what Islam is. Those Imams are cult leaders.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:33 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,300,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
ya, they are all rackets
To each his own opinion. Mine doesn't go that far. Most churches have many charitable activities as part of their mission. The Catholic Church and Salvation Army are two that are engaged in worldwide charitable activities.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:36 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,191,333 times
Quote:
How much longer will Europe continue to tolerate Muslims?
For exactly as long as they intend to remain civilized western democracies.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:51 PM

690 posts, read 1,210,064 times
Read some of Douglas Murrays stuff on Islam, or watch some of the interviews on youtube. He offers some pretty good arguments that evils stemming from christianity are in spite of the faith. Evils stemming from Islam are because of the faith. Goodness stemming from Muslims is in spite of it. That's what i got from it, anyway. I think there is a gulf of difference between the muslim experience in the US, which seems to mostly be 'persians' fleeing theocracy, to the Pakistani/Bangladeshi muslims in the UK who have no desire to flee Islam, and are in England for purely economic reasons, and will happily impose Islam on the rest of us when the time is right.

I dont like Christianity much, but the central characters of Jesus and Mohammed couldnt be more different. Mohammed was an evil, sick, nasty, warmongering piece of crap. Jesus always preached tolerance. That doesnt mean i think one is less daft than the other. They're both absurd to me, but to call Islam a religion of peace is laughable.

Pretty much every small town up in England now has a mosque. It might be a small unofficial one in a residential house, but there is not a town in the country now where Islam does not have a foothold, and until the liberal elite accepts that it is not a racial problem but one of ideology, nothing will be done about it.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM

690 posts, read 1,210,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
For exactly as long as they intend to remain civilized western democracies.
So that'll be until we have sharia law imposed on us then...

Old 03-22-2012, 03:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,300,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAreaWeatherSummary View Post
So that'll be until we have sharia law imposed on us then...
At which point, one could hardly call them a "civilized Western democracy" any longer.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM

10,190 posts, read 8,018,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They will finally wake up but it's already too late. Need another crusade to get em out now.

Exactly! Muslims are taking over Europe.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM

266 posts, read 181,243 times
Muslims take over Europe and Hispanics take over America!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM

266 posts, read 181,243 times
Just hypothetical speaking, if a genocide on Muslims in Europe would ever occur, do you think the American Government would intervene and invade Europe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies