Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 AM

470 posts, read 440,427 times

Advertisements

This story is a few years old but nothing has changed. Unfortunately Europe will eventually be governed by sharia law in the not distant future.

No-Go Zones for Non-Muslims Multiplying All Over Europe - Technorati Politics

Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 AM

717 posts, read 651,180 times
Nope.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:20 AM

15,059 posts, read 6,232,756 times
SMH. Posting one of the comments...

Quote:
I currently live in France (although I am a -non-muslim- american WASP), and frequent many of the areas listed as ZUS (zones urbaines sensibles, or sensative urban zones... the "751" zones mentioned in the article above) in the Gironde region (Bordeaux, Begles, etc). The author is either intentionally misrepresenting these zones, or has not sufficiently investigated or understood what they are.
These ARE NOT "no go zones" for police, or for non-muslims. These are economic zones targeted for community development programmes and economic aid.
There ARE a number of muslims (and non-muslims alike) in these areas, as well as foreign nationals... this is because the people who live there can not afford to live elsewhere.
There is NO part of France subject to sharia law. NONE. This is an outright lie, either by the author or by her sources.
I also have friends in Germany who contest the claims regarding that country as well. And there have already been postings contesting the claims in the UK.
Again, the claims regarding the zones in France are categorically false.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 AM

15,059 posts, read 6,232,756 times
And another...

Quote:
I live in one of the heaviest populated neighborhoods for Muslims in London, and have *never*

- Seen any of these signs.
- Been accosted in any way.
- Been treated differently for being non-Muslim (indeed, I am a loud, white, American expat female).
- Been refused service at a business or pushed out of my neighborhood for being non-Muslim.

This seems like an aggregation of an aggregation of a grossly overstated piece at best, and outright racism at it's worst. Some actual journalism from you might be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies