Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Actually, my entire family has been farming for generations. I'm not a farmer anymore, but most of my family still does.

Though you will simply blow it off, I can assure you that your original link - and post - are nothing but pure garbage.

Do you realize that RoundUp has actually helped American farmers IMPROVE their farms? I'm sure you haven't! But it has. Farmers who used to cultivate the soil 3 times during each growing season - making it susceptible to terrible erosion and leeching - no longer disturb the soil. Why? RoundUp Ready Seed. Yields have improved, rural environmentalism has improved, herbicide usage is DOWN markedly. Topsoil that used to be "disturbed" at least 8 times per year (plowing, disking, harrowing, cultivating) is now disturbed MAYBE once per year.

Of course, you wouldn't know that. Alex Jones - known to be a nutjob himself - hasn't told you about that.
Glyphosate is a short term solution, which leaves us worse off than if we never had it.

It's like Antibiotics. They have been so overused, they now are making disease stronger and worse than the problems it has solved.

So man does well for a few decades and then gets wiped out by starvation and disease. Greed kills.

Organic farmers use the same no till processes. Funny how a healthy plant needs no herbicides or pesticides. Nature/God has created a system that bugs like to eat the weak, unproductive things. Not healthy vibrant things.

If you have a healthy tomato plant, the worms will die if they eat the leaves. So they leave them alone.

If you are dependent on chemical wizardry you may make a bunch of money and have huge yields, but the food is crap, and the soil is dead.

Glyphosate is a herbicide. It kills life. Healthy soil is live soil.

Trusting in Monsanto is foolish, and short sighted. Regardless of where the news stream originates.

I've yet to hear anyone prove a falsh Alex Jones story. If there is a mistake in one of their stories, they point it out quickly and correct it. Unlike the beloved MSM's.

So the shoot the messenger thing is really warn out and useless for anyone that is wanting to get to the truth of an issue.

Care to discount Scientist around the world?

ShowArticle - Seeds of Deception (http://www.seedsofdeception.com/utility/showArticle/?objectID=4302 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Alex Jones sells food for the bunker. He makes money running these kinds of stories.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:02 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
But do you really think Monsanto isn't like a Pharma drug company that will always look to the short term profit, rather than what is best for man's long term survival.

One thing for sure, their sorcery's have done great damage to natural systems.
Which they don't give a crap about.

God made a supreme system of redundancy and variety. Monsanto like's controlling seed stock. To the point that heritage seeds are being polluted by their franken seeds.
First of all, if you want to be taken as a person with even an OUNCE of credibility, you'll knock off these nonsensical political agenda-driven make-believe words like, "Frankenseeds." Your use of those words simply proves that you're doing nothing but regurgitation something that has been spoon-fed to you.

Now... If you actually want to know the real-world truth behind these RoundUp Ready Seeds that farmers cannot replant, ASK A FARMER. You'll be dumbfounded by how much common sense it makes!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Alex Jones sells food for the bunker. He makes money running these kinds of stories.
Good point. He probably got into this just for the money.

Where as Monsanto just wants to feed people and make the world a happier place.

The Bald Eagles were very appreciative of Monsanto's DDT.

Especially when they neared extinction.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
First of all, if you want to be taken as a person with even an OUNCE of credibility, you'll knock off these nonsensical political agenda-driven make-believe words like, "Frankenseeds." Your use of those words simply proves that you're doing nothing but regurgitation something that has been spoon-fed to you.

Now... If you actually want to know the real-world truth behind these RoundUp Ready Seeds that farmers cannot replant, ASK A FARMER. You'll be dumbfounded by how much common sense it makes!
I am a Farmer. I know what i'm talking about. My Farmer friends are now left with soil that won't produce unless they dump tens of thousands of dollars in chemical fertilizers, and 3 or 4 Glyphosate boosters on their crops.

They are going broke having to buy this crap and conventional farm. They come to me to ask what they can do. They are screwed.

The feed from GMO crops is creating virus' that are killing their livestock, and causing mass fertility issues.

Get educated... or not.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Glyphosate is a short term solution, which leaves us worse off than if we never had it.
That is the OPINION of a city boy who has spent way too much time reading biased stories.

It's like Antibiotics. They have been so overused, they now are making disease stronger and worse than the problems it has solved.
Nobody is forcing you to take any kind of antibiotics when you're sick.

So man does well for a few decades and then gets wiped out by starvation and disease. Greed kills.
That is precisely the way it has been since there have been human beings.

Organic farmers use the same no till processes. Funny how a healthy plant needs no herbicides or pesticides. Nature/God has created a system that bugs like to eat the weak, unproductive things. Not healthy vibrant things.
No, organic farmers DO NOT use the same no-till processes. ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Not only that, but organic farmers DO use pesticides, herbicides and artificial fertilizers.

And this nonsense about healthy plants not needing herbicides/pesticides? Are you KIDDING me? If locusts swarm an area, they don't prey on the sick and weak. They eat everything.

If you have a healthy tomato plant, the worms will die if they eat the leaves. So they leave them alone.
Again, 100% wrong. Where do you get this stuff?

If you are dependent on chemical wizardry you may make a bunch of money and have huge yields, but the food is crap, and the soil is dead.
Once again, dead wrong. Crops produced by American farmers are higher in nutritional (and other) value than ever before, and the soil farmed by said farmers is in better condition than it has EVER been since it has been crop-farmed.

Glyphosate is a herbicide. It kills life. Healthy soil is live soil.
Glyphosate is a CONTACT HERBICIDE that dissipates quickly. It kills only the vegetation that it touches. It does not prevent future weeds from growing.

Trusting in Monsanto is foolish, and short sighted. Regardless of where the news stream originates.
Trusting Alex Jones & Mother Earth News is foolish, and short sighted. Anyone who cannot see their political and financial agenda is foolish.

I've yet to hear anyone prove a falsh Alex Jones story. If there is a mistake in one of their stories, they point it out quickly and correct it. Unlike the beloved MSM's.
You're welcome to keep believing everything Big Al tells you. You're going to anyway.

So the shoot the messenger thing is really warn out and useless for anyone that is wanting to get to the truth of an issue.
Or here's a thought... Maybe - just maybe - you're WRONG.

Care to discount Scientist around the world?
ShowArticle - Seeds of Deception (http://www.seedsofdeception.com/utility/showArticle/?objectID=4302 - broken link)
Political agenda-driven BS. Pure, unadulterated propaganda.
Come on man, you HAVE to do better than this!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
How do the American Sheeple fight the globalist Monsanto.

Hell, i have a hard time hating them, because of the stupid ride they sponsored at Disneyland, when i was a kid.

They seemed so cool...

Brainwashing is a terrible crime on the human mind.
what ride???????

Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I am a Farmer. I know what i'm talking about. My Farmer friends are now left with soil that won't produce unless they dump tens of thousands of dollars in chemical fertilizers, and 3 or 4 Glyphosate boosters on their crops.

They are going broke having to buy this crap and conventional farm. They come to me to ask what they can do. They are screwed.

The feed from GMO crops is creating virus' that are killing their livestock, and causing mass fertility issues.

Get educated... or not.
You are not a farmer. Not a chance. You don't even know any of the terminology. At best, you are a city boy who is living on an acreage and "pretend farming."

Also, it is an ABSOLUTE LIE that "the feed from GMO crops is 'creating virus' [sic] that are killing their livestock, and causing mass fertility issues.'" That claim is beyond stupid.

I'm dumbfounded.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
The power of a good lobbyist can be seen in the stupidity of AGRO-Business.

There is a saying; "Without Vision, a People Perish".

Looks like man is on his way to starvation.

THANKS MONSANTO. YOU'VE DONE US WELL...

» Monsanto’s Roundup threatens stability of global food supply Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Oh, great, we have a new hoax! Global Warming didn't work, so now we have to claim the earth is "dying"! LOL!

I suppose you believe this?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
They dumped 1,700 ton's of DDT in the sewer system which made its way into the ocean off the coast of Southern California from 1947 through 1971 and its still super contaminated today.
but I will say...ddt was/is one of the best insecticides ever made....with cloridaine for termites right behind it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies