Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,991,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Let me guess.... only a global government placing a tax on the wealthy can stop the destruction of the earth.
That would be stupid. Gov't is horrible at spending money with any success.

Look at the Pub Skool system. Better yet. The Post Office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,984,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Are you kidding me?

I grew up surfing at Huntington Beach. 78-85.. guess some Dr. will reap the rewards when the cells start mutating.

Amazing how Man can be so stupid.

In the old days they called it Sorcery. When you take the natural and turn it into something un-natural.

Today they call it progress.
Well, you probably got some of it because the bulk of it was just off Point Fermin (Palos Verdes).

Surf City is still the place to be ...

Last edited by Vascodagama; 03-12-2012 at 07:33 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,232,523 times
Quote:
The power of a good lobbyist can be seen in the stupidity of AGRO-Business.

There is a saying; "Without Vision, a People Perish".

Looks like man is on his way to starvation.

THANKS MONSANTO. YOU'VE DONE US WELL...

» Monsanto’s Roundup threatens stability of global food supply Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
An article by an environmental activist, now who would have thought he would come out with something like this

Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
An article by an environmental activist, now who would have thought he would come out with something like this
Do you farm?

Have you ever rotated a conventional crop over to a naturally grown or organic field.

Soil and Water dept's have been seeing this for years.

They are the people that test soil life. Not some kooks that you like to shoot darts at.

The sad messenger killers always comment on the source and not the subject.

Offer your studies that say Monsanto products are not killing our soils and mutating our heritage seed stocks.

I'll be waiting patiently.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Let me guess.... only a global government placing a tax on the wealthy can stop the destruction of the earth.
Yep, you guessed it! Got to get those 1% to fork over their wealth and all will be fine.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,997,531 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me?

I grew up surfing at Huntington Beach. 78-85.. guess some Dr. will reap the rewards when the cells start mutating.

Amazing how Man can be so stupid.

In the old days they called it Sorcery. When you take the natural and turn it into something un-natural.

Today they call it progress.
Don't worry about that because the antibiotics flushed and in the surf will get you first.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,382,252 times
Quote:
The power of a good lobbyist can be seen in the stupidity of AGRO-Business.

There is a saying; "Without Vision, a People Perish".

Looks like man is on his way to starvation.

THANKS MONSANTO. YOU'VE DONE US WELL...

» Monsanto’s Roundup threatens stability of global food supply Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
More nonsense.

Are these the same Chicken Littles that - a couple years ago - were telling us that farms were losing 9" of topsoil per year?

Farmland in the United States is currently in better condition than it has ever been since it has been farmed. Better hybrids, better farming techniques, better tillage, and better terracing.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,382,252 times
Quote:
Do you farm?

Have you ever rotated a conventional crop over to a naturally grown or organic field.

Soil and Water dept's have been seeing this for years.

They are the people that test soil life. Not some kooks that you like to shoot darts at.

The sad messenger killers always comment on the source and not the subject.

Offer your studies that say Monsanto products are not killing our soils and mutating our heritage seed stocks.

I'll be waiting patiently.
Actually, my entire family has been farming for generations. I'm not a farmer anymore, but most of my family still does.

Though you will simply blow it off, I can assure you that your original link - and post - are nothing but pure garbage.

Do you realize that RoundUp has actually helped American farmers IMPROVE their farms? I'm sure you haven't! But it has. Farmers who used to cultivate the soil 3 times during each growing season - making it susceptible to terrible erosion and leeching - no longer disturb the soil. Why? RoundUp Ready Seed. Yields have improved, rural environmentalism has improved, herbicide usage is DOWN markedly. Topsoil that used to be "disturbed" at least 8 times per year (plowing, disking, harrowing, cultivating) is now disturbed MAYBE once per year.

Of course, you wouldn't know that. Alex Jones - known to be a nutjob himself - hasn't told you about that.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,331,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I firmly believe there will be food riots in America sometime in this decade. Perilous times are coming, much more perilous than anything we've experienced as a species since the Black Plague. A complete collapse of society, followed by the extermination of a large portion of the human population worldwide by war, famine, and starvation, followed by a new dark age is on our doorstep. This becomes more and more clear every day.
Well, hell, Agenda 21 is already planning that starvation in order to bring this nation to its knees. They are very close and Monsanto doesn't have anything to do with it,either.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
More nonsense.

Are these the same Chicken Littles that - a couple years ago - were telling us that farms were losing 9" of topsoil per year?

Farmland in the United States is currently in better condition than it has ever been since it has been farmed. Better hybrids, better farming techniques, better tillage, and better terracing.
No doubt there have been great improvements in equipment and methods.

But do you really think Monsanto isn't like a Pharma drug company that will always look to the short term profit, rather than what is best for man's long term
survival.

One thing for sure, their sorcery's have done great damage to natural systems.
Which they don't give a crap about.

God made a supreme system of redundancy and variety. Monsanto like's controlling seed stock. To the point that heritage seeds are being polluted by their franken seeds.

GMO Soy beans are causing cattle to be sterile and aborting their calfs in record numbers. People are 1,000 times more likely to have allergies in the US than anywhere else in the world.
Why? Because the dirt/soil has a immune system building factor in our lives. And the more you kill the soil, the weaker our immune systems become.

NewsDaily: Scientists warn EPA on Monsanto corn rootworm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies