Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Except........take out "obama" and replace with "Carter". This and MORE was said in 1980.

The same angst about a protracted, nasty primary. The same meme about a third party candidate. The same this one or that one is "unelectable". The same late entry "savior". The same fear mongering about those extremist religious republicans.

Basically the polls are tied but back then Carter was up 58%-40% against Reagan...same point in time.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...201684582.html

Quote:
Today's narrative holds that however weak President Obama's hand, Republicans find themselves in no position to capitalize on it.

The president whose failings they describe is Jimmy Carter, not Barack Obama. The lines were written in 1980, not 2012.
The story? "Jimmy Carter's Luck".

Whose narrative is this? The elite obama water carriers in the MSM, the chattering belt way pseudo conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Keep dreaming Republicans.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:35 PM

History repeating itself.

A $16 TRILLION debt, $5+ TRILLION in just 3 1/2 shorts years under obama.

Massive deficits 4 years running.

Gas prices double, perhaps even triple from when he took office.

MILLIONS dropped off the rolls of the UE for lack of jobs.

The nightmare of obama.

All of the above in the article is TRUE.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
History repeating itself.

A $16 TRILLION debt, $5+ TRILLION in just 3 1/2 shorts years under obama.

Massive deficits 4 years running.

Gas prices double, perhaps even triple from when he took office.

MILLIONS dropped off the rolls of the UE for lack of jobs.

The nightmare of obama.

All of the above in the article is TRUE.

And let me tell ya, this is a hell of a nightmare, with Obama. My gosh lately thank goodness, democratic friends of mine, will not be giving Obama their vote this time around, because they grew up.
They will not fall for the lies this time, nor the promise, of a no promise.
Or garbage in and garbage out, of some made up HOPE 'N CHANGE FARCE.
His massive deficts, his spending, please, and just where is Obama different~ Oh wait, he is a very good actor, when he needs to be.
Gas prices i heard tonight are suppose to go up by summer over $6 to 7 a gallon.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And let me tell ya, this is a hell of a nightmare, with Obama. My gosh lately thank goodness, democratic friends of mine, will not be giving Obama their vote this time around, because they grew up.
They will not fall for the lies this time, nor the promise, of a no promise.
Or garbage in and garbage out, of some made up HOPE 'N CHANGE FARCE.
His massive deficts, his spending, please, and just where is Obama different~ Oh wait, he is a very good actor, when he needs to be.
Gas prices i heard tonight are suppose to go up by summer over $6 to 7 a gallon.
Or maybe $20 a gallon!!

GM will sell a lot of Chevy Volts, which will create lots of jobs. ouch.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Or maybe $20 a gallon!!

GM will sell a lot of Chevy Volts, which will create lots of jobs. ouch.
And risk having their house burn down? 30 miles on a charge...a $40K+ lemon.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
to be fair his foreign policy is good. its his massive debting that is evil. but GOP offers nothing better except alota lip service and a dark horse, ron paul. ron could fix it. but he will touch off a melt down for sure. but the melt down is comin, sooner or later we are guna revisit 1929.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And risk having their house burn down? 30 miles on a charge...a $40K+ lemon.
House burn down?

Before we go down this road, do you have any idea the history of the automobile?

Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 PM

679 posts, read 661,206 times
A lot of this debt we speak of is still left over from woes under other administrations decisions but hey lets just blame the current guy in office because we're stupid, right?

Old 03-06-2012, 11:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
to be fair his foreign policy is good. its his massive debting that is evil. but GOP offers nothing better except alota lip service and a dark horse, ron paul. ron could fix it. but he will touch off a melt down for sure. but the melt down is comin, sooner or later we are guna revisit 1929.
You also live here in California, i read something distrubing tonight. That the housing market here in California, as well as other States, have not seen anything yet. We have so many foreclosed properties on the market, that have not even made a dent in anything.

Problem is the banks on sitting on so many new ones, if they release these, what happens with the ones not selling. Home values are suppose to continue to decline in 2012 some areas will be hit harder then others.

I read that in order to get this economy moving, we have got to get rid of these foreclosures, shortsales, and repos.
And the article also said, due in part to the many who have lost a job, they lost a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies