Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,777,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I was about to post this under Why are Americans so Lazy? But figured this can be a stand-alone topic.

I find a rather sick fascination with those reality shows, about clean up this mess, etc. The hoarders series takes it to an extreme, then there's a few others about organizing homes, etc. And that show about restaurants? I forget the name, you know, the one where they hire the guy to help turn around a failing restaurant? and that one about the hair salons, with the tall, blonde lady who comes in as a consultant to help improve the salon?

They all have one thing in common----they are all filthy!After seeing the one about the restaurant, well.....we've been saving a lot not eating out lately! I mean, come on! I used to work in food service, we had so many rules, and had to pass a test to get a food handlers permit. Apparently, these people on the show never took such a course. Old, rotting food uncovered on the floor!Mold, old food covering much of the appliances, employees not washing their hands---yeech!

Oh beauty parlours, with moldy, dirty surfaces, etc. Last but not least, the haorders. I disagree its a mental illness, they are just lazy! Ok, some people have the hoarder disorder, but they don't have to be dirty about it. We have some friends, they have a 4-car garage stuffed with "collectibles" but its all clean, labeled, organized, and their house is clean.

No, my house isn't ready for the next issue of Good Housekeeping. But, it is hygenic. I doubt many even realize the meaning of that word!

Most of those haorders are simply lazy, and figure they get free help by allowing their mess to be on TV! Those trucks, Haul off your Junk, or whatever they're called, cost about $500 for a medium size, those shows use 5-10+. The worse show was where they found about 10 dead, mumified cats I guess they didn't notice the stink over their own
this is way beyond lazy, this is disgusting filth!!!!

take a look at the bathroom, shiitt paper all over the place.. with an added disgusting bonus, diabetic needles mixed in with the filth..beyound sick shiit...

Hoarding Buried Alive: Cockroaches - Part 3 - YouTube

Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,995,685 times
I can't even bring myself to start watching these programs. It's just pure lazy and a mental disorder to be this filthy. Hoarder's I just don't get why would people need to hoard crap. One thing to collect and have it somewhat organized, another to have it all over the house and one doesn't even know what they have.

Until I read this, I didn't know dead animals were found I most certainly won't be tuning in.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:54 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,668,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
This show is nothing but a disgusting abuse and victimization of seriously mentally ill people. I watched a couple of episodes and was just appalled that these people who are almost in need of residential incare are used in some sick attempt at entertainment.
Very insightful post.

People who watch these reality shows need to feel better about themselves, so watch any train wreck available via MSM trash media. sad that people buy into the trash of cheaply produced "reality" shows.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:55 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,733,350 times
fair question easy answer
cleanliness is next to Godliness

Old 03-29-2012, 02:56 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,542,055 times
Quote:
I was about to post this under Why are Americans so Lazy? But figured this can be a stand-alone topic.

I find a rather sick fascination with those reality shows, about clean up this mess, etc. The hoarders series takes it to an extreme, then there's a few others about organizing homes, etc. And that show about restaurants? I forget the name, you know, the one where they hire the guy to help turn around a failing restaurant? and that one about the hair salons, with the tall, blonde lady who comes in as a consultant to help improve the salon?

They all have one thing in common----they are all filthy!After seeing the one about the restaurant, well.....we've been saving a lot not eating out lately! I mean, come on! I used to work in food service, we had so many rules, and had to pass a test to get a food handlers permit. Apparently, these people on the show never took such a course. Old, rotting food uncovered on the floor!Mold, old food covering much of the appliances, employees not washing their hands---yeech!

Oh beauty parlours, with moldy, dirty surfaces, etc. Last but not least, the haorders. I disagree its a mental illness, they are just lazy! Ok, some people have the hoarder disorder, but they don't have to be dirty about it. We have some friends, they have a 4-car garage stuffed with "collectibles" but its all clean, labeled, organized, and their house is clean.

No, my house isn't ready for the next issue of Good Housekeeping. But, it is hygenic. I doubt many even realize the meaning of that word!

Most of those haorders are simply lazy, and figure they get free help by allowing their mess to be on TV! Those trucks, Haul off your Junk, or whatever they're called, cost about $500 for a medium size, those shows use 5-10+. The worse show was where they found about 10 dead, mumified cats I guess they didn't notice the stink over their own

It can't possibly be just Americans. It's a condition of the human psyche and spirit, and thankfully it appears to be a very small percentage of people. They just haven't gotten around to having reality shows in too many other nations, apparently.
A tiny percentage of us are just oinkers is all I can assume.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 PM

68,409 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:

Do you really believe the crap they put on TV as 'reality' is?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,320,121 times
Is this a joke thread? No one could seriously generalize the United States like this, especially compared to many countries across the globe. Look OP, I don't know if you are from the United States or not, but I would say about 90% of Americans do NOT live like this. Their house may not be extremely clean, but what you are seeing on those reality shows is a flaw in the human mind, the result of people with mental issues.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,470,696 times
I always notice the home owners just sit there while other clean their mess.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:03 PM

20,503 posts, read 12,453,739 times
There are 2 answers. First, these things are on TV because human nature loves a train wreck.

Second, these people exist because there are 300million Americans. you get that many of anything and the number of outliers is going to be pretty big... even if it is a small percentage.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,810,068 times
Lol, why do you assume this is a condition that affects only Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies