Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,178,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
There's a little thing called ignore me, is your button broken.
Why would I ignore somebody so accidentally entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 13,033,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yes it will matter forever to them. Its not about him being one term (which he will not)its about erasing him from the history books. They want to go back to saying no blacks have ever been or ever will be PRESIDENT. Thats it
Your just race baiting, most is on his policies nothing more, nothing less!!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
My point was a comparison between Palin and the Birthers, both of which are particular obsessions of a segment of the left. They are seeking a whipping boy.
And the right has been very accommodating by eagerly providing boys to whip.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:05 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,651,414 times
First reality came for the birthers.

Republicans said nothing.

Now reality is coming for Republicans.

What will they say when it arrives?

Old 02-08-2012, 05:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,481,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This thread is not about Sarah Palin, is it? There is not one thread about Sarah Palin in the first two pages (60 threads) on P&OC. Who exactly is it who is obsessed with her?
You're still not getting my point, sweetie. I suppose it's futile, but I will try again. The thread is about 'where the birthers have gone.' And my point was that the birthers and Sarah Palin fill a similar role for a certain segment of the left. Restated another way, my comment was not about Palin per se, but about a certain segment of the left, and its need for whipping boys.

I think the above comment by 'historian dude' dovetails well also. 3S suggests using the 'ignore' feature, and HD, in essence replies, 'no, I need you as a whipping boy.' And HistorianDude, I apologize if I have misinterpreted your remark. But that's sure what it sounds like to me.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,515,842 times
Quote:
You're still not getting my point, sweetie. I suppose it's futile, but I will try again. The thread is about 'where the birthers have gone.' And my point was that the birthers and Sarah Palin fill a similar role for a certain segment of the left. Restated another way, my comment was not about Palin per se, but about a certain segment of the left, and its need for whipping boys.

I think the above comment by 'historian dude' dovetails well also. 3S suggests using the 'ignore' feature, and HD, in essence replies, 'no, I need you as a whipping boy.' And HistorianDude, I apologize if I have misinterpreted your remark. But that's sure what it sounds like to me.
Five minutes after Obama was inaugurated the RWs on this forum decreed we could no longer mention Bush's name, not even in a comparison. Now you want to be able to talk about Sarah Palin, drag her into any and every thread you desire? I don't think so!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why would I ignore somebody so accidentally entertaining.
Are you trying to be nice??

Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:

I have to say the guys on the right are usually to big to whip. You know their carnivores.

Do you think HD thinks I'm a whipping boy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Five minutes after Obama was inaugurated the RWs on this forum decreed we could no longer mention Bush's name, not even in a comparison. Now you want to be able to talk about Sarah Palin, drag her into any and every thread you desire? I don't think so!
Are you running the show??

Last edited by wildflower82; 02-08-2012 at 06:08 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
You're still not getting my point, sweetie.
We get your point completely, snookums. But while you're treating yourself terribly seriously, we are mocking you. You really shouldn't expect to inspire some epiphany.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,043,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I have to say the guys on the right are usually to big to whip. You know their carnivores.

Do you think HD thinks I'm a whipping boy?

Are you running the show??

Nope, the guys on the right aren't too big to whip; even the pudgy Newt
has taken several good thrashings, some from fellow Republicans. And Katiana is simply bringing the thread back to the topic of the OP, which is clearly titled, "Where Have All The Birthers Gone?" It's a good question; after almost 100 complete and utter failures in courtrooms and earning the contempt of any rational thinkers, they may have ceased their inane, irrational and overtly racist threads. The truly delusional and utterly
brainwashed will no doubt emerge when the next case is due. Of course, we can always hope that they've crawled back into the primordial ooze from whence they came, although it's a vague hope at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies