Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:08 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,533,106 times

Advertisements

Stupid and Juvenile, IMO (when it comes to Politics).
I mean, do people unfriend each other since one likes Alabama or Auburn or the Yankees and the Red Sox?
I can see afew extreme cases where someone says something like racial slurs or code words towards Obama or saying that using sexual images involving Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann, but even then.....
again, it's just politics and aren't you an American 1st?
Besides, if you listen to only listen to just people that only share your points of view, doesn't that lose mental stimulation after a while?
Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,513 times
I have been befriended many times because of my political beliefs. No big deal, I really prefer to not associate with many Democrats anyways.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
People can unfriend or friend for any reason...THAT isn't the part that is stupid and juvinile...

Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People can unfriend or friend for any reason...THAT isn't the part that is stupid and juvinile...
Understood, but there are certain reasons, that are rather foolish. It just shows how awful, things have become in this country about politics and that the moderates are dying out....

Old 01-30-2012, 12:47 PM

25,852 posts, read 16,549,505 times
I unfriended and blocked a guy I was actually good friends with as a kid. We used to sleep out in a tent at his house and at mine--built tree forts ect. Last time I saw him he turned into this 400 lb walrus which I didn't hold against him--but then he added me on FB after I signed up and WOW.

Very out there with his political beliefs. Hated President Obama unhealthy levels. I didn't just unfriend, I blocked him.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I unfriended and blocked a guy I was actually good friends with as a kid. We used to sleep out in a tent at his house and at mine--built tree forts ect. Last time I saw him he turned into this 400 lb walrus which I didn't hold against him--but then he added me on FB after I signed up and WOW.

Very out there with his political beliefs. Hated President Obama unhealthy levels.
I didn't just unfriend, I blocked him.
Where there racial overtones associated with it? Usually, if someone says something stupid (but no racial overtones) about Obama on my FB page....I will just hide it. Unsure if one can do the = on CDF.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,580,542 times
I have NEVER unfriended anyone over political beliefs. I have some very dear Republican friends who post anti Obama stuff all the time. They openly express themselves about it and I accept it. It is their opinion. Their right. Sometimes we even have a good debate come of it.

Strangely, lefties have unfriended me and made a drama out of it too when I agree with some Republican viewpoints. I got this dramatic text from a friend who has known me for about 12 or 13 years about how he has to defriend me because he cant stand it anymore, blah blah.

Seriously? So pathetic that it is shameful.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,245,901 times
I've unfriended a couple people because that's all they posted... anti Obama crap and religious crap. And one of them I warned that I'd unfriend her if that's all she was going to post, and she did anyway. Neither person was a good friend anyway. I can't deal with hostile, in your face Republicans on a daily basis lol!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM

25,852 posts, read 16,549,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Where there racial overtones associated with it? Usually, if someone says something stupid (but no racial overtones) about Obama on my FB page....I will just hide it. Unsure if one can do the = on CDF.
Never anything racial. He just totally went off on me for saying something positive--I can't remember exactly what. So I calmly responded and then he called Obama the "Liar in Chief" and that was enough for me.

I just don't need that associated with me.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I've unfriended a couple people because that's all they posted... anti Obama crap and religious crap. And one of them I warned that I'd unfriend her if that's all she was going to post, and she did anyway. Neither person was a good friend anyway. I can't deal with hostile, in your face Republicans on a daily basis lol!
I can relate, because I cant deal with the hostile, in your face Democrats on a daily basis. I don't unfriend them, but, it gets me very annoyed. If they would be willing to debate and discuss things, I would be okay with it, but, when they are unwilling to do so, and all they want to do is tell me how I am wrong and they are right, well you get the feeling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies