Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times

Advertisements

They Don't Understand Their Own Base

This is a very funny and interesting discussion of the Establishment politicians in the GOP. They are really in a panic after South Carolina and the early polls in Florida. Of course, the early and absentee votes in the Sunshine State may allow them to breathe a bit easier.

Anyway you can read this link and then go to the real source of it to see why I am laughing my butt off at that little group that has been running the GOP too long.

The GOP Establishment in Abject Panic: They Don’t Understand Their Own Base | Conservative Byte

Don't panic at who said all this because he really isn't a member of the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
Roy--the reason the establishment is in a panic is because they like to win elections. I hate to tell you this, but a tea party candidate will not win over independent voters to win the general. That's why they're freaking out. If that doesn't matter to the tea party, then it is what it is.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 AM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times
I'm not sure the repubs REALLY want to win the presidential election and they sure won't with Newt....Romney would have a slim chance.

Obama already does what they want and fractures dem opposition because the prez isn't an (R) so the public partisan D's will just go along with *whatever* as long as Obama isn't against it.

Then they blame everything on Obama.

Honestly, from a purely strategic standpoint the Reps are better off losing this election.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM

45,606 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Vote for the person for best represents your principles.

Don't play any of these other games about who has the best opportunity to win.

Whatever happens, happens.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 AM

45,606 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not sure the repubs REALLY want to win the presidential election and they sure won't with Newt....Romney would have a slim chance.

Obama already does what they want and fractures dem opposition because the prez isn't an (R) so the public partisan D's will just go along with *whatever* as long as Obama isn't against it.

Honestly, from a purely strategic standpoint the Reps are better off losing this election.
Which is why I just posted want I posted.

Forget all of the strategy crap. Vote your principles. Don't sit out. Keep it simple.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Roy--the reason the establishment is in a panic is because they like to win elections. I hate to tell you this, but a tea party candidate will not win over independent voters to win the general. That's why they're freaking out. If that doesn't matter to the tea party, then it is what it is.
Since you obviously didn't read either of the links I proposed you don't know that the man who said the real bother for the GOP establishment is named Newt Gingrich and not Tea Party. I don't remember the Tea Party being mentioned at all in all those words. However, I do remember the mention of all the worry about the establishment is winning congressional elections. I guess you do have some of the idea without reading.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

They decided to lose this election nearly 3 years ago. They (the GOP establishment types) don't care about winning the Presidential election and I am sure that they are crying about the reporter asking Jay Carney if there is a picture of Saul Alinsky in the White House these days. Carney had one hell of a time trying to answer that one. What happens when the people learn about this great story? Maybe Newt really can win. The people of South Carolina told me a bit about what they thought about the establishment line and the polls in Florida are looking like the disease is spreading.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
I said it before and I'll say it again Obama will be reelected because the old guard GOP is broken and in the process of rebuilding itself. However the R's will keep the House and Gain the Senate because of the new conservative independent movement.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Vote for the person for best represents your principles.

Don't play any of these other games about who has the best opportunity to win.

Whatever happens, happens.
I started hearing the old coat tail thing today. That obviously came from the establishment people wanting so much to keep Newt from winning their party's nomination. They fear that Obama's coat tails will sweep some of them out of the Congress. I sure don't want to see that happen with a repeat of the first two years, but only they think that Obama has to win.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:12 PM

17,015 posts, read 12,607,565 times
GOP will take the Senate easy. Short of catching 4 or 5 of them having relations with farm animals its a done deal. They will keep the house.

>Vote your principles.< Newt will alienate the center and give it to Obama. The Dems LOVE you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies