Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I'd like to hear anyone who actually watched the video to
make an intelligent criticism of any of the points made.
BTW, Beck does not utter a syllable or appear in the video.
Humberto Fontova probably knows the "real" Che better than anyone alive.
Humberto Fontova Official Site
Humberto Fontova - Conservative Columnist and Political Commentator

I also cringe when I see somebody like Santana wearing a "Che" tee shirt.
I suppose he doesn't know that Che would have likely imprisoned him.
If any of our lefties have broken their solemn vows not to watch anything like this but just come in screaming and deflecting from what the topic is they would surely watch to avoid being called what I have called them over and over.

Those lefties really don't want to know about this side of Che and his friends from that day or they would look and stop trying to insert why and how he finally got himself killed.

Thanks for telling them in a nice way what they all needed told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 04:30 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,387,587 times
Quote:
Here are a few quotes from the great revolutionary leader:

But, damn if he doesn't look really cool on a shirt.

Not important it happens all the time. A look at how we malign other countries and their leaders in attempts to stir up our own population. That's how nationalism works and every country and/or movement on the face of the planet will do the same thing. If you can make your people look at the enemy outside rather than the problems inside you are a successful politician and leader. That's life'.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,739,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Lefty here who has always been confused about Che Guevera's idolization. I think he is really just a cultural icon where there are few (Latino intellectuals). Details of his life don't seem to be important.

Handsome guy I guess who looks good on T-shirts...
I never understood it either; never gave the guy a first, let alone second thought.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times
Quote:
Here are a few quotes from the great revolutionary leader:

But, damn if he doesn't look really cool on a shirt.
These people don't know how many New Yorkers Che planned to kill that day after Thanksgiving nor do they care. I guess we are better off that they don't watch that video and finally become less uninformed than they are now. Che made all those statements and tried his best to kill as many Americans as he could that one day.

I don't remember all the Black Friday crap till recently but he tried to label that day with that name. I feel so sorry for the uninformed because they just aren't going to take a chance on learning anything other than left leaning drivel.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you are still deflecting only when you say that this was not a debate. It was never meant to be a debate, only a means of exposing what Che planned for the day after Thanksgiving in New York City. In case you missed it while "watching" the video according to the FBI about 50,000 people hit Macy's back then on the day after Thanksgiving. The other 4 places mentioned could have scored pretty heavily also. It is ok that you lefties try to so hard to keep things like this covered up because your time is limited when stories lie this one start getting out.
Why is this so important now?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:40 PM

779 posts, read 538,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
These people don't know how many New Yorkers Che planned to kill that day after Thanksgiving nor do they care. I guess we are better off that they don't watch that video and finally become less uninformed than they are now. Che made all those statements and tried his best to kill as many Americans as he could that one day.

I don't remember all the Black Friday crap till recently but he tried to label that day with that name. I feel so sorry for the uninformed because they just aren't going to take a chance on learning anything other than left leaning drivel.
I don't understand why you get so wound up over what extremists think. Only extremists adulate Guevara. Most mainstream liberals (whom you refer to as "these people") don't. In reality, all you're doing his is projecting a minority's view onto a very large and diverse group (liberals) which consists of millions of Americans from all different walks of life. Many of whom probably don't even know who Guevara is.

Some extremists support(ed) what Tim McVeigh did. Are all conservatives like Tim McVeigh?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,960,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I don't understand why you get so wound up over what extremists think. Only extremists adulate Guevara. Most mainstream liberals (whom you refer to as "these people") don't. In reality, all you're doing his is projecting a minority's view onto a very large and diverse group (liberals) which consists of millions of Americans from all different walks of life. Many of whom probably don't even know who Guevara is.

Some extremists support(ed) what Tim McVeigh did. Are all conservatives like Tim McVeigh?
He was Atheist

Old 01-20-2012, 04:43 PM

779 posts, read 538,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why is this so important now?
Because the rabid right is running out of ammo, apparently.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:49 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,817,199 times
Quote:

Ever see anybody in a McVeigh tee shirt?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Because the rabid right is running out of ammo, apparently.

I guess.

I wonder, does the OP and his 'mentor' not understand that they are the ones who, by dwelling on what might have been, give Che and his ilk a platform and importance that he/they never had in life?
I know they think that they are performing a public service, but, seriously, sometimes it really is better to leave the slime at the bottom of the pond out of sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies