Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 03:20 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,486,084 times

Advertisements

Good evening, left wingers and liberals!

I've been reading all of these "I hate Obama" and "Obama is evil" threads, and I got to thinking...suppose Romney is nominated and is elected president this November...do you think you will treat Romney with the same kind of vitriol, the psychotic, toxic hatred that conservatives here have treated Obama with the past four years? I'm not a huge fan of Romney myself, but he's more moderate than the other GOP'ers, so I can tolerate him. And I don't really hate anyone in real life--I just think hate it's a bad character trait.

So my question is for you. Will you hate Romney the same way Right Wingers hate Obama? Discuss.

Signed, your friendly neighborhood comrade

mackinac81
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 03:21 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,472,577 times
Some would but not all, just like only SOME conservatives hate Obama. I don't hate Obama, I just disagree with most of his policies. Can you see the difference?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Some will, just like only SOME conservatives hate Obama.
You're right. Not ALL conservatives hate Obama. I should have mentioned that. Actually, I do know the difference, and I know that you yourself don't hate the man. I'm talking more about the others here who don't have such a level headed view--the ones who think the man can't do anything right, and can only do wrong. I think of you as one of the more level headed Republicans here.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,860,256 times
Liberals realize Obama will lose to Romney. I imagine it isn't just conservatives that don't like Obama. Bill Clinton for one.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,520,954 times
I'm a Leftist and I don't like Obama. I see a lot of similarities between him and Romney, so I don't like Romney. I can't say I hate either of them, tho.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:25 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,472,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
You're right. Not ALL conservatives hate Obama. I should have mentioned that. Actually, I do know the difference, and I know that you yourself don't hate the man. I'm talking more about the others here who don't have such a level headed view--the ones who think the man can't do anything right, and can only do wrong. I think of you as one of the more level headed Republicans here.
Thanks.

That said, while I don't disagree with you that some conservatives here seem to hate him, I also think many of the liberals unfairly use the race card and suggest that anyone who doesn't agree with his ideas and policies is a racist.

I think some of the hardcore liberals here have an elitist attitude and think they are always right and everyone else is dumb as sh*t. On the flip side, I think the birthers and the like are psycho and some of the hardcore conservatives are lying about personal rags to riches stories.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:25 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times
Assuming that Romney governs the same way he governed as Governor, he will not be that radically different than Obama.

So no, not that I hate anyone to begin with. Hate is a wasted emotion.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Thanks.

That said, while I don't disagree with you that some conservatives here seem to hate him, I also think many of the liberals unfairly use the race card and suggest that anyone who doesn't agree with his ideas and policies is a racist. I think a lot of liberals here have an elitist attitude.
That's understandable. I happen to be friends with a lot of conservatives--not crazy ones--who have real philosphical issues with Obama, and I know it's not because of his race. I admit the race thing's crossed my mind more than once while on this forum, but I haven't actually made the charge that all the criticism is race based because I simply don't know. Though I do think a lot of Republicans have said things that are racially insensetive...but I'm getting off topic. That's probably for another thread.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:31 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,865,143 times
Probably not, but I will.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
I didn't "hate" Bush; I don't think I'd hate a President Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies