Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:23 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Good evening, left wingers and liberals!

I've been reading all of these "I hate Obama" and "Obama is evil" threads, and I got to thinking...suppose Romney is nominated and is elected president this November...do you think you will treat Romney with the same kind of vitriol, the psychotic, toxic hatred that conservatives here have treated Obama with the past four years? I'm not a huge fan of Romney myself, but he's more moderate than the other GOP'ers, so I can tolerate him. And I don't really hate anyone in real life--I just think hate it's a bad character trait.

So my question is for you. Will you hate Romney the same way Right Wingers hate Obama? Discuss.

Signed, your friendly neighborhood comrade

mackinac81
How can you hate Mitt Romney? He actually looks like a real AMEICAN president and is "presidential".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 04:27 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean how they hated on Bush, don't you?

Payback is a beotch, isn't it?

Reap, sow, harvest.
How about you answer this question, Sanrene?
Do you think it's okay to hate other people because they disagree with your political views? That is, if you ever get around to posting anything worth reading.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
I actually was interested in Romney during the primaries for 2008.

What makes me dislike him is his shift to adopting all the hard-right talking points, but I guess that's to be expected in trying to win nomination in a party that's gone loco.

His potential for militarism is the main thing I can think of that would get me expressing strong opposition to him - but not hate. And again, that militaristic speech he gave at the Citadel may have just been more posturing. The man does know how to posture, that's for sure. But no, I would not hate a President Romney, nor would I use insults about personal things like his wife, his religion, his race, or things like that against him. I think he's probably an alright guy and surpasses Dubya in the brainpower department.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:33 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Null point, ObamaO***a is going to be easily swept back into office. Economy is improving and the stench of Republir*t rule is still in the air.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:35 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What makes someone who declares Obama a Muslim or a non-native a racist?
Not only is there no evidence to support these claims, they are absolutely disproved by 100% of all the evidence available on these points.

There is no conceivable interpretation of any fact in existence that would justify a claim that President Obama was born anywhere but Hawaii, or that he is anything but a Christian.

The fact that there is no evidence to support for any such claim, coupled with the fact that such a claim has never been made regarding any white president or presidential candidate demonstrates to me that there is no other possible explanation for making these wild and unfounded accusations.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Not only is there no evidence to support these claims, they are absolutely disproved by 100% of all the evidence available on these points.

There is no conceivable interpretation of any fact in existence that would justify a claim that President Obama was born anywhere but Hawaii, or that he is anything but a Christian.

The fact that there is no evidence to support for any such claim, coupled with the fact that such a claim has never been made regarding any white president or presidential candidate demonstrates to me that there is no other possible explanation for making these wild and unfounded accusations.
Agreed! And to outside observers, this stuff is certainly racist. It's only here on CD that people post this junk and then say, "how can you call this racist"? The Tea Party rallies of early 2009 certainly had a lot of racist signs being displayed as well. It wasn't until the Tea Party Express got to Illinois that the TPers were asked to leave the racist signs at home. Even the TP organizers saw it.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:42 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Honestly, I'm just kinda "meh" about Romney. He does seem very plastic to me, and very out of touch with the non-millionaires among us. I doubt I'd hate him, though, as I doubt he'd do anything horribly offensive as president.

It seems the Republicans are pretty "meh" about him, too, judging by his performance in polls, etc. to date.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:46 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Good evening, left wingers and liberals!

I've been reading all of these "I hate Obama" and "Obama is evil" threads, and I got to thinking...suppose Romney is nominated and is elected president this November...do you think you will treat Romney with the same kind of vitriol, the psychotic, toxic hatred that conservatives here have treated Obama with the past four years? I'm not a huge fan of Romney myself, but he's more moderate than the other GOP'ers, so I can tolerate him. And I don't really hate anyone in real life--I just think hate it's a bad character trait.

So my question is for you. Will you hate Romney the same way Right Wingers hate Obama? Discuss.

Signed, your friendly neighborhood comrade

mackinac81
I have seen them all in one of those debates on TV, I would vote for none of them.
Anyway, is he considered liberal by conservative standards? I was wondering because of the caucus results map I saw, where Romney seemed to do well in the cities, which by nature are more liberal than rural areas.
http://images.the-classic-liberal.co...us-results.jpg

Old 01-07-2012, 04:53 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I frankly can't imagine 'hating' any person elected to be president. For instance, while I never voted for Mr. Bush, either as Governor of Texas or as President, I certainly never hated, or even disliked, him. Indeed, I found some of his actions admirable. His speech to the nation after 9/11 will always be a source of inspiration to me.

My memory goes back to LBJ (i.e., old enough to realize that he was President, etc). I never hated any president since LBJ.

People who engage in 'hatred' speech towards a president or a candidate for president are dull, concrete thinkers. Their approach to 'life': I HATE this television show; I LOVE this show. I HATE this person for his or her views differ from mine; I LOVE this person because his or her views coincide with mine. Etc.

No balance. No intellectual depth. Basically a "Pavlov's dog": trained to slobber at the mere mention of a name they have been conditioned to 'hate', or to fawn when a person they 'love' is mentioned.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:55 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Bush and Cheney were lying scum. The Karl Rove sleaze, stolen election, the run up to Iraq, the tax cuts in war time, mushroom cloud scare mongering, deficits don't matter bs, basically selling out country to the oil industry and Wall Street types...My blood boils thinking of those guys. For very good reasons. They were a complete disgrace.

Romney, in contrast, seems sensible and reasonably centrist. I don't think he will be closing government agencies he can't remember, or giving no bid contracts to his own companies. I am not very impressed by his flip flopping, but I see no reason to hate him. He seems to be able to work with other people without being a crazed partisan. I would probably reserve judgement for a while. I actually liked McCain, but he lost my respect when he selected Palin. Lost me there. Hopefully Romney would make smarter choices.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 01-07-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies