Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Rubio has an inflated opinion of the importance of his tiny little cog's position in the great wheel of gov't.
Your president is a failure. I'm sorry you don't appreciate Rubio pointing it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 04:36 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
As I recall, it was GWB who was president who came into office with a budget deficit, and left with a 1.2 Trillion deficit, while the current projection is down to 966 million. And of course, the only people in DC talking about forcing the government to default on it's debt payments (ie. to be a deadbeat) is the Tea Party wing of the GOP.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Your president is a failure. I'm sorry you don't appreciate Rubio pointing it out.
I live in Miami and have watched the golden boy, Rubio, ascend to the heaven of Washington, D.C. - believe me, he does have inflated opinion of his importance in the scheme of things.

You believe OUR President is a failure. I don't agree, but it's OK, that's the way we do things here.

Is this a great country or what??

Old 01-06-2012, 04:53 PM

802 posts, read 564,052 times
Unfortunately, Rubio can't be president someday. He's not a natural born Citizen and not eligible for Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution. His parent's weren't U.S. citizens when he was born. They became U.S. citizens in 1975. He's just a 14th Amendment statutory citizen.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Obama has failed in every respect except continuing Bush's foreign policy. His failure to even attempt to meaningfully address the national debt is downright shameful. Just like it's downright shameful that the Democrats in the Senate haven't passed a budget in THREE FULL YEARS. ANYONE in the real world would be FIRED for what Obama and the Democrats have done.

However, they have the luxury of supporters who don't care what they do, so long as they aren't eeee-vil Republicans. Must be nice to have no accountability from the people who mindlessly vote for you over and over and over again, no matter what your record is.
You have a lot of nerve calling Obama a failure after Bush. Trying to pin the recession on him and give credit to for the recovery (that no one would acknowledge until this week) to the House. Facts and decorum are completely absent.

You people obviously have no shame.

And which of the luminaries we are seeing in these debates is going to be a great leader?

Please. No one except a hyperpartisan conservative is going to buy this snake oil.

Obama is a reasonable, intelligent moderate who has tried to deal with a tough hand, and not too badly I'd say.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Marco Rubio (R-FL) to Obama: "America is Becoming a Deadbeat Nation" On Your Watch
A great letter from a future president of the US. $16 Trillion...my god, what an ad that will be.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You have a lot of nerve calling Obama a failure after Bush. Trying to pin the recession on him and give credit to for the recovery (that no one would acknowledge until this week) to the House. Facts and decorum are completely absent.

You people obviously have no shame.

And which of the luminaries we are seeing in these debates is going to be a great leader?

Please. No one except a hyperpartisan conservative is going to buy this snake oil.

Obama is a reasonable, intelligent moderate who has tried to deal with a tough hand, and not too badly I'd say.
Hilarious!

Not too badly, huh? Is that what you called what he did the first two years of presidency, BEFORE the GOP won the House to stop him? Is that what you call obamacare and the FAILED $1 Trillion stimulus?

Oh, in case you didn't notice, the recession started under the democrat congress, which obama was a part.

Of course, I'm sure you think the $4.5 Trillion he's added to the debt is no big deal either.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
As I recall, it was GWB who was president who came into office with a budget deficit, and left with a 1.2 Trillion deficit, while the current projection is down to 966 million. And of course, the only people in DC talking about forcing the government to default on it's debt payments (ie. to be a deadbeat) is the Tea Party wing of the GOP.
Huh? Bush had a deficit of $450 billion. OBAMA has approximately tripled that for the last 3 years.

Obama's deficits are more than all other presidents combined.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
I thought Marco rubio was suppose to be this gop rising star? Since going to DC he's just tossed pathetic partisan hack one liners.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Huh? Bush had a deficit of $450 billion. OBAMA has approximately tripled that for the last 3 years.

Obama's deficits are more than all other presidents combined.
All yes, it's all Obama's fault.

You people are too much!

Exactly who is it you're trying to fool? Me? Democrats? Independents? Dummies? Who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies