Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:57 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,043,065 times

Advertisements

I just saw Arming the Mexican Cartels on 'Current' cable tv.

There was the info that poverty and no hope for youths drove them towards the only way that they can make money, which is working for the Mexican cartels.

The piece ended with the complaint of the easy purchase of guns in the US, mainly through gun shows from private sellers and not business people, who have to provide some screening of the buyer.

It did also mention how easy it was to smuggle guns and ammunition across the border.

This has been going on for a long time. If we were serious about stopping it we would have treated border crossing much more seriously as well as illegals in the country, and the automatic citizenship that birth in our country affords. I will bet that most drug gang members in this country did not come here legally or their parents did not.

On the program some mother was complaining that the lure of the wealth from gangs overcomes her moral teachings to her children.

This may strike people as extreme, but if they are living in such poverty and know there is no future for their children, why in God's name do they have them? Don't their hospitals do sterilizations? Would that not be a great charity to give to?

I am just trying to think of what I would do, were I that poor woman. It would be a blessing to know that I had no sons to be potential killers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,388,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I just saw Arming the Mexican Cartels on 'Current' cable tv.

There was the info that poverty and no hope for youths drove them towards the only way that they can make money, which is working for the Mexican cartels.

The piece ended with the complaint of the easy purchase of guns in the US, mainly through gun shows from private sellers and not business people, who have to provide some screening of the buyer.

It did also mention how easy it was to smuggle guns and ammunition across the border.

This has been going on for a long time. If we were serious about stopping it we would have treated border crossing much more seriously as well as illegals in the country, and the automatic citizenship that birth in our country affords. I will bet that most drug gang members in this country did not come here legally or their parents did not.

On the program some mother was complaining that the lure of the wealth from gangs overcomes her moral teachings to her children.

This may strike people as extreme, but if they are living in such poverty and know there is no future for their children, why in God's name do they have them? Don't their hospitals do sterilizations? Would that not be a great charity to give to?

I am just trying to think of what I would do, were I that poor woman. It would be a blessing to know that I had no sons to be potential killers.
Let me say that Current tv belongs to Algore and employs that retread from MSNBC named Keith. When I saw these words in your post I was suddenly hit by the fact that Algore wants heavy gun control of Americans in order to be more able to push his Agenda 21 movement. The piece ended with the complaint of the easy purchase of guns in the US, mainly through gun shows from private sellers and not business people, who have to provide some screening of the buyer. They will have all kinds of trouble instigating that plan as long as the people of this nation are able to own guns as stated in the 2nd Amendment.

I don't get Current on my satellite program but will check the place for the next few days on my son's tv since he does get it. I will continue to say that this whole thing was formulated and broadcast in an effort to convince people that we need much more strict control over the purchase of firearms.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:13 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,225,882 times
Current is media garbage... Everything they show is pure agenda driven crap. The show you mention is aimed at tightening gun ownership regulations in the US.

Scare tactics are the only way these shows can try to force their agenda on us.

It isn't working.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:21 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,600,483 times
Did that piece happen to mention that the majority of weapons the cartel's obtain from the US is via the channel of official, government financed military and law enforcement aid to Mexico?

It's not our gun shop owners who are transferring American weapons to the cartels nearly so much as it is the Mexican army and police forces.

But, of course, that little did-bit of information doesn't fit the agenda of the anti-gun lobby, so I doubt it was mentioned....was it?

Old 12-26-2011, 09:37 PM

465 posts, read 743,640 times
I'd bet the program did not mention operation fast & furious.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
I'd bet the program did not mention operation fast & furious.
I'd be curious to know that from the OP as well.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,791,657 times
To the OP..did it get you worried about gun ownership in America ? Did it sway your opinion to more restrictive gun ownership laws ? Did it make you consider that maybe guns should not be owned by individuals ? Did it make you think that if individuals didn't own guns then the Mexican Cartel wouldn't be as dangerous ?

If you said "yes" then the propaganda worked.

Now go google "DOJ and Fast and Furious" and see if that doesn't change your mind.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:04 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,969 times
The rights we are given by the constitution are precious. Each one is there for a reason. Even if you don't own a firearm of any kind, the second ammedment should be supported. Once it or any other of our rights are repealed, it's a short road to lose each and every right we have. The experiment of this "republic" has been unique to mankind. How terrible would it be to lose all we have gained through apathy and misimformation.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:22 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,124,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
To the OP..did it get you worried about gun ownership in America ? Did it sway your opinion to more restrictive gun ownership laws ? Did it make you consider that maybe guns should not be owned by individuals ? Did it make you think that if individuals didn't own guns then the Mexican Cartel wouldn't be as dangerous ?

If you said "yes" then the propaganda worked.

Now go google "DOJ and Fast and Furious" and see if that doesn't change your mind.

Google "DOJ & Gunrunner" to get the complete picture.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:36 AM

13,137 posts, read 22,912,748 times
Most M16 assault rifles are made in the US, but they are full-auto, already illegal for priviate citizens to own and get in the cartel's hands by way of the Mexican Army.

Shutting down US gunstores and/or banning certain guns isn't gonna solve the problem. In fact, the whole thing is a blatant and deliberate lie by the Obama Administration; they don't really care about what's happening in Mexico, they only care about how they can use that ongoing tragedy to push their agenda here in the U.S...

...And the bastards have already been caught red-handed doing exactly that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies