Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,716,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush doubled the size of government.. If thats not liberal enough for you, what would have made this true? Triple?
You voted for him twice. I didn't vote for him once. Pipe down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 08:43 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,008,998 times
So ... basically, when a Republican President turns out to be a complete and utter disaster, you just rewrite history and claim "Oh, he was a liberal!" ...

You have no idea what 'liberal' means, do you?

Old 12-09-2011, 08:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,384,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You voted for him twice. I didn't vote for him once. Pipe down.
Didnt answer the question..

Old 12-09-2011, 09:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,452,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
So ... basically, when a Republican President turns out to be a complete and utter disaster, you just rewrite history and claim "Oh, he was a liberal!" ...

You have no idea what 'liberal' means, do you?
Lame disagreement. If you're going to disagree, please at least bring some game. I didn't rewrite anything. I just linked to an article that is filled with facts and reasoning. At least address one of the quotes from the article that I posted, and show where it is wrong.

The writer gives his working definition, for purposes of the article, on the first page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Harrison
For the purposes of this essay the term liberal is used to describe the followers of modern, big-government liberalism (i.e. the majority movement in the Democratic Party since FDR) in distinction to the classical liberalsim...
You didn't read the article on which you're commenting, did you?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:24 PM

27,892 posts, read 16,412,607 times
Therefore you have a lot of uneasy Reps and it was corraled into the tea party.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 PM

27,892 posts, read 16,412,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Right...which is why every single conservative on C-D....including YOU, voted for him twice.

And please...miss me with the "i never liked the guy" nonsense, or how "he was the lesser of two evils" blah, blah, blah. You all voted for him because you thought he was PLENTY conservative enough.

You've all turned against him now because he ended up being exposed as a clown in the end. But as long as he was riding high, you were all in love with the guy. In fact, i've never seen a president so ferociously defended as Bush during his term. There were times i thought i was gonna have to get in fights just for lightly critisizing him.

So please, stop with the revisionist history.
Did you use to work with Dionne warwick?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:48 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,402,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Did you use to work with Dionne warwick?
"Do you know the way to San Jose......"

Old 12-09-2011, 09:56 PM

5,727 posts, read 10,173,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Right...which is why every single conservative on C-D....including YOU, voted for him twice.

And please...miss me with the "i never liked the guy" nonsense, or how "he was the lesser of two evils" blah, blah, blah. You all voted for him because you thought he was PLENTY conservative enough.

You've all turned against him now because he ended up being exposed as a clown in the end. But as long as he was riding high, you were all in love with the guy. In fact, i've never seen a president so ferociously defended as Bush during his term. There were times i thought i was gonna have to get in fights just for lightly critisizing him.

So please, stop with the revisionist history.
No actually.

I will admit I 'Help my nose and voted for him' the first time!

Not the second!

And there are plenty of others like me.

So please stop with the absolutism statements intended to TRY to carry your point!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,402,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
No actually.

Not the second!

So please stop with the absolutism statements intended to TRY to carry your point!
Oh yea...i forgot the "i was holding my nose" and the "i only voted for him the first time" nonsense.

And no....there aren't plenty of others like you (whatever that means). You were ALL behind the dude marching in lockstep like good little righties are supposed to do.... Kinda like what you'll all do with Gingrich, even though i'll hear the same claims of how noses had to be held, you never liked him, he's actually a liberal, and on and on and on.

Again, you were ALL behind Bush at the time. You all supported EVERYTHING he did at the time he did it. Just because you all have buyers remorse now doesn't mean much...libs like myself remember the water-cooler arguments and none of you were saying this stuff at all back then. It's revisionism at it's finest.

You're a Bushie...face it. It's not that bad. He's gone now, and you can save your mea culpa's for someone else.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,452,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
No actually.

Not the second!

It's classic deflection. If they tried to address the actual points (medicare part d, spending growth, etc) they know they would be sunk, that Bush was in fact a liberal. They can't address that, so they don't (whether this is sub-concious or not who knows, prolly it is).

Anyway, when the facts are not on their side, and yet they don't want to change their minds, deflection is one of the few options available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies